Pune, India, March 2023, MRFR Press Release/Market Research Future has published a Cooked Research Report on the Global Residential Water Softener Consumables Market.
Global Residential Water Softener Consumables Market
For optimal water quality and perfect functioning, specially adapted consumables are required for water treatment devices such as residential water softeners. The consumables include salts, resins, filters, cleaners, and regeneration agents which ensures that the devices function with absolute reliability and have a long service life.
The Global Residential Water Softener Consumables market was valued at USD 2,689 million in 2018; it is expected to reach USD 5,516 million, growing at 6.17% CAGR.
Increasing awareness about water-borne diseases, ongoing smart city projects in developing countries, and an increase in water contamination will spur market growth. The global residential water softening consumables market has been segmented based on type and region. The global residential water softening consumables market is driven by factors such as increasing awareness about water-borne diseases, ongoing smart city projects in developing countries, and an increase in water contamination. However, a lack of awareness & high maintenance cost is expected to restrain the market growth. The increasing technological advancements are expected to create growth opportunities for the market players
With the spread of COVID-19 around the globe, residential water softening consumables manufacturers are taking preventive measures in the form of plant closures to curb the spread of COVID-19. However, the situation remains uncertain as an increasing number of European companies have suspended work, and manufacturers in the US and APAC regions have extended the shutdown periods. Declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO), COVID-19 has compelled the governments of several countries to impose lockdowns in an effort to reduce its spread. However, these lockdowns have impacted various industries and the normal lives of people across the world. It is predicted that the virus's impact will be felt through the end of 2020. So, the governments of various countries are finding alternative means to bring their operations back to normalcy by introducing rescue packages or disaster management bills to boost their economies.
Browse In-depth Detailed Research Report [Table of Content, List of Figures, List of Tables] of Residential Water Softener Consumables Market
The Global Residential Water Softener Consumables market is characterized by the presence of many regional and local vendors. The regional market is highly competitive, with all the players competing to gain a larger market share. The vendors compete based on cost, product quality, reliability, and aftermarket services. Therefore, vendors globally provide cost-effective and efficient products to survive and succeed in a competitive market.
The major players would look to strengthen their country presence through mergers & acquisitions of local and regional players. They are expected to expand their presence and solutions in the above countries during the forecast period. Therefore, vendors globally develop new technologies to stay on par with emerging technology trends that could affect the competitiveness of their product lines in the market.
Based on Type
- Resin (Cation, Anion, Catalytic Exchange Media, Others): Water softener resin is the media used in water softener systems that allow the water softener unit to soften the water through an ion-exchange process. When water passes through the resin, hardness ions such as calcium and magnesium are grabbed and replaced with salt (sodium or potassium) ions.
- Salt (Rock Salt, Solar Salt, Evaporated Salt): The amount of salt in softened water depends on how hard the water is, to begin with. The ion exchange process is just that, an exchange. The harder the water, the more salt is required to remove the calcium and magnesium. The salt used in the brine tank of a water softener does not directly soften the water but is used to regenerate the resin beads in the water softener.
- Cleaners (Powder Cleaners, Liquid Cleaners): The water softener cleaner is a liquid, chemical, or powder that will help clean the water softener. The water softener system can get understandably grubby and full of impurities. Therefore, it is vital to clean it to ensure the water remains soft and safe. For this purpose, water softener cleaners are used.
- Filters (Backwashing Carbon Filters, Iron & Sulfur Removal Filters, Others): The filters remove unwanted impurities from water such as sediment, taste & odor, hardness & bacteria to result in better quality water. For producing better-tasting drinking water, more specialists use filters and cartridges in water softeners to solve any number of water-related issues.
Based on region
- North America: North America is one of the largest markets for water softening consumables during the forecast period. Factors that drive the regional market include the increased demand for household products, scarcity of clean water, and growing population. The growing awareness of water-borne diseases backs this. The US holds the largest share of the North American residential water softening consumables market. The rising concerns for optimal water use across all sections of society drive the regional market.
- Europe: Countries such as Germany, France, and the UK are the leading markets for water softening consumables in Europe. In Germany, the country's growing population and higher economic performance are the major factors that have driven the market. However, the primary factor driving the UK market is the rising preference for purified water, the high standard of living of people, and initiatives to prevent water-borne diseases.
- Asia-Pacific: With the highest population density in countries such as China and India, Asia-Pacific dominates the residential water softening consumables market. The regional market has been experiencing rapid growth in the last two to three years, owing to the growing household sector, rising preference towards purified water, and government initiatives. The population of these regions has also been increasing, which is expected to boost market growth further. India has considerable demand for residential water softening consumables. The key factors driving the Indian market are the rapidly developing economy, government initiatives for pure water, and growing population.
- Middle East: The Middle East & Africa comprises the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Israel, and South Africa. The continuous growth in the residential sector can be attributed to the high GDP and increasing per capita disposable income. This is expected to enhance the demand for residential water softening consumables in the region. The driving element for the middle east is draining new water assets and the developing contamination levels in existing water.
Africa: Rising per capita disposable income and improved lifestyles drive the growth of the market for residential water softening consumables in Africa. Africa, the residential water softening consumables market is growing at a decent pace, mainly due to a higher number of people being diagnosed with various water-borne diseases.