Pune, India, Nov 2022, MRFR Press Release/Market Research Future has published a Cooked Research Report on the Global Defoaming Coating Additives Market.
Global Defoaming Coating Additives Market
When talking about inks, paints, building materials, and adhesives, among other industrial process liquids, defoaming coating additives is used to describe the chemical additives that reduce or eliminate foam formation. To prevent pinholes from forming in resins, lacquers, and paints, defoaming coating additives such as basic organic chemical components or low surface tension liquids are applied. Absorption of air during handling and production of industrial liquid can cause larger bubble marks to reflow and produce foam in fluid, which in turn leads to sub-optimal filling of production vessels, which in turn causes issues in the filling line.
Defoamer and antifoam agents are often used interchangeably; both serve the same purpose. The construction industry's heavy reliance on emulsion paints and coatings, which are in turn made possible by the widespread use of defoaming coating additives, is anticipated to be a major growth factor. Its market is predicted to grow as a result of rising demand from the wood and furniture sectors, as these additives are widely utilised in the production of wood paints and primers.
Rapid urbanisation is a key driver driving the expansion of the defoaming coating additive market, as it is increasing demand from the building and construction sector. Adhesives, paper coating applications, and packaging all stand to benefit from the creation of new defoamers that meet food contact laws in the not-too-distant future. Building and construction, as well as other industrial sectors, are increasing in Asia and Pacific, making this region a prime target for manufacturers of defoaming coating additives. However, market expansion has been hampered by a slowdown in global auto production.
According to the MRFR analysis, the global defoaming coating additives market size is projected to reach USD 2,161.6 million by 2030 at a CAGR of 4.91%.
The global defoaming coating additives market is growing mostly due to increasing demand from the building & construction and automotive sectors. The market for defoaming coating additives is predicted to grow in the near future as consumers shift their preferences toward water-based defoaming formulations over solvent-based formulations. The global defoaming coating market is anticipated to grow as a result of factors such as the rising need for commercial spaces and the increasing desire for aesthetically pleasing residential houses. Additives that defoam coatings are commonly employed in the automotive industry because of the many benefits they provide, including increased durability, strength, decreased weight, and better sound insulation. Paint flaws like haze or craters may be the result of an increase in the cost of raw materials or an incompatibility with the medium to be defoamed. There's a chance that these variables will slow the expansion of the market. Although strict limitations on solvent-based systems and environmental concerns regarding VOC-emitting goods present challenges to the coating additives market, they also present promising growth prospects for the defoaming coatings market.
Access full report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/defoaming-coating-additives-market-1741
Many regional and local vendors characterize the defoaming coating additives market. The market is highly competitive, with all the players competing to gain maximum market share. The increasing defoaming coating additives demand in automobiles boosting the sales of defoaming coating additives is the key driver of the market. The vendors compete based on cost, product quality, and the availability of the products according to the geographies. The vendors must provide cost-effective and high-quality defoaming coating additives to compete in the market. The competitive scenario is fragmented between the tier-1, tier-2, and tier-3 companies, while tier-1 and tier-2 companies hold over 60% of the global market share.
The market players' growth depends on the market and economic conditions, government regulations, and industrial development. Thus, the players should focus on expanding the production capacity to meet the demand and enhance their services. BASF SE, Altana AG, Evonik Industries AG, Dow, Allnex, Arkema, Münzing Corporation, Elementis PLC, Ashland and Clariant AG are the major companies in the market at the present that are competing in terms of quality, price, and availability. The international players with a global presence, with established manufacturing units or sales offices, have strengthened their presence across major regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Silicone: Defoaming coating additives of silicone type are coating additives that feature poly-siloxanes as their primary active ingredient, making them ideal for use in low-tension coatings. Even though silicone defoamer is more expensive than mineral oil, it is commonly used in the production of high-quality coatings. It does not diminish gloss or colour acceptability in high-gloss systems when combined with pigment concentrates.
- Polymer: Defoaming coating additives of the polymer type are employed in solvent-borne systems and do not contain silicone.
- Mineral Oil: Mineral oil accounts for 85% of a defoaming coating additive made from mineral oil, while emulsifiers make up 5% and hydrophobic particles make up 10%. Semi-gloss emulsion paints and emulsion plasters benefit from its use. It can induce surface flaws, hence it's not good for use in high-end aqueous industrial coatings.
- Vegetable Oil: Vegetable oil-based defoaming coating additives have a broader range of potential uses than silicones do, and can be used for the preparation of a variety of foods and drinks, as well as fruits, vegetables, soups, and animal byproducts. Long-term antifoaming performance is enhanced in comparison to competing products thanks to the unique combination of its components.
- Water-Based: Due to exceptional features of these polymers, such as low VOC emissions, cost-effectiveness, and simple recyclability, water-based defoaming coating additives is anticipated to dominate the global defoaming coating additives market over the forecast period.
- Foam Suppressing: Foaming is a common problem in many liquid systems that can be difficult to eliminate. Surfactants, proteins, carbohydrates, starches, fatty acids, and particulate matter are all examples of raw material components and pollutants that can produce a stable foam in water. Therefore, defoaming coating additives are used in many contexts to forestall foam issues by suppressing it and keep production lines operating smoothly.
- Foam Breaking: Defoamers, also known as foam breakers, are compounds that are sprinkled on top of the foam in an effort to cause the foam to collapse rapidly. Foams present potential challenges in industrial processes. They disrupt container-filling processes and can damage surface coatings. Foams can be prevented using any number of different chemical formulas. Defoamers hasten the process while also bursting the tiny bubbles. It is common knowledge that a defoamer has surface-active capabilities and is insoluble in the foaming medium.
- Deareating: Most water-based solutions can benefit from adding deaerators to combat foaming in the solution or on the coated surface during application. Water-based paints, glues, adhesives, spray coatings, and a high gloss system are all viable options.
- Construction: Investments in infrastructure development, healthcare, education, and hospitality to promote tourism are expected to play a pivotal role in the growth of the global construction industry, thereby driving the demand for defoaming coating additives because a rise in the construction industry will drive the use of defoaming coating additives in the construction industry. A defoamer for coatings is an additive that quickly reduces foam during paint application and helps create even defect-free coatings.
- Automotive: In the automotive industry, defoaming coating additives encourage weight reduction, wear and tear resistance, and strengthening of automotive components, which results in significant fuel savings when used in automobiles and propels the market growth for defoaming coating additives.
- Industrial: Foam produced during the general manufacturing process can be a serious problem. Surfactants and additives in formulas frequently cause unwanted foam. Due to their many benefits, including increased wear resistance, reinforcing, decreased weight, and enhanced acoustics, defoaming coating additives are widely employed in nearly every industrial area.
- Wood & Furniture: Defoaming coating additives designed specifically for wood coating systems, featuring remarkable pigment retention within pigmented systems, excellent surface levelling, and resistance to scratches and ultraviolet light.
- Others: Others include the textile industry which is poised to account for a minuscule share of the market by the end of 2030. The elements that affect the growth of the textile industry include the shifting consumer desires for various brands and types of fashionable clothes. Defoaming coating additives market participants have an opportunity due to the expansion of the textile industry.
- North America: The United States and Canada now make up separate markets in North America. The market in North America held the second-largest market share in 2021, which is further trailed by Europe. Large-scale end-use sectors, robust technology development, continuous investment into upgrading their ailing infrastructure, and their ever-growing automotive industry, all contribute to the region’s prosperity.
- Europe: The European market has been segmented into Germany, Russia, Italy, France, the UK, Spain, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, and the rest of Europe. The market is anticipated to rise at a considerable rate over the forecast period. The European Defoaming Coating Additives market is driven by the increasing residential construction in Europe and is closely followed by rising automobile manufacturing in the region, which is also acting as a growth driver. Architects and automotive designers in the region are developing innovative, new, luxury ideas to end users which are also helping in the market growth.
- Asia-Pacific: Currently, the greatest portion of the worldwide defoaming coating additive market is located in Asia-Pacific, and this region is also expected to expand at the quickest rate over the forecast time frame. The fast industrialization and increasing purchasing power of developing nations in the region, such as India, China, Malaysia, Vietnam, etc., are expected to boost the regional market.
- Latin America: The Latin American market has been further categorized as Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and the rest of Latin America. Demand from the automotive and construction sectors in countries like Argentina, Brazil, and Chile is expected to drive rapid expansion of the Latin American industry.
- Middle East & Africa: Due to the region's status as an infrastructure hub, the Middle East and Africa market is poised for significant expansion in the coming years.