Market Research Future (MRFR) has published on the “Global Clean Beauty Market”.
Global Clean beauty Market
Clean beauty is used to describe skincare and cosmetics that don't contain any dangerous chemicals. Parabens, phthalates, sulphates, and synthetic scents are examples of such compounds. More and more individuals today are becoming aware of the potential risks associated with these chemicals. To avoid them, people are switching to clean beauty products.
The increasing strategies adopted by manufacturers to create awareness regarding clean beauty are set to boost its market growth. As a part of this, the beauty industry's growing concerns about the safety of cosmetics and skin care products have sparked the clean beauty movement. Transparency and informing customers about the components of their products are the two main focuses of this movement. Demanding safer ingredients from manufacturers is another aspect of this. Finally, it involves assisting companies that are dedicated to clean beauty. To be exact, the movement got its start by researching ingredient lists. Customers are encouraged to inquire about chemicals that may contain irritants or poisons that may have neuroprotective or carcinogenic effects. Many people initially showed no interest in skincare products or their possible health benefits. According to several experts, this change in behavior has been principally caused by increased skin sensitivity to synthetic chemicals. The buyer prefers goods with straightforward and honest ingredients.
In March 2023, Walmart launched a clean beauty shop, with nearly 80% of the more than 900 products priced under USD 10, and the firm wants to keep adding more items as time goes on. The portal, dubbed "Clean Beauty at Walmart," provides goods without more than 1,200 components. Among the ingredients on the "formulated without" list are acetone, aluminum, salts, lead, talc, vitamin A and D3, phthalates, parabens, and more. Hence, such developments in the clean beauty market are expected to boost its market growth in the upcoming years.
According to the MRFR analysis, the global clean beauty market is projected to reach USD 34.8 Billion by 2032 at a CAGR of 14.62%.
The demand for clean beauty products has been rising quickly due to the region's huge and diversified population, rising disposable income, and expanding middle class. The demand for components used in clean beauty products is therefore anticipated to increase in the upcoming years. The expansion of the clean beauty market in Latin America is also being fueled by the region's favorable regulatory framework, which promotes investment and innovation in the personal care sector. The creation of various personal care manufacturing plants in the region has been facilitated by the policies and incentives that several of the region's nations have put in place to entice foreign investment. Additionally, the need for natural and plant-based personal care components in the area is being driven by the growing popularity of natural and organic goods in the personal care sector. Numerous Latin American nations have abundant natural resources that may be exploited to make premium natural products, making them a desirable source for customers worldwide. Some of the biggest personal care product markets in the region are in Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina, and it is anticipated that they will continue to play an important role in the expansion of the market for clean beauty. But in the future years, it's also anticipated that other growing economies in the region, like Colombia, Chile, and Peru, would rise significantly.
Access full report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/clean-beauty-market-11976
COVID-19 Impact on Clean beauty Market.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the production and sales of clean beauty products across the globe. Major impacts of the pandemic on the clean beauty industry across the globe has been the disruption of supply chains. As many countries closed their borders and restricted trade to control the spread of the virus, the transportation of raw materials and finished products became difficult. This led to shortages of ingredients and delays in production, causing many companies to struggle to meet demand. The pandemic also had an impact on consumer behaviour, with many people staying at home and reducing their spending on non-essential items, including beauty and personal care products. This led to a decrease in demand for these products, which further impacted the production and sales of clean beauty products in the region. Additionally, many manufacturing facilities had to shut down or operate at reduced capacity due to health and safety regulations, which further disrupted production and sales. This led to increased costs for companies, as they had to implement new safety measures and invest in remote work technologies.
The global clean beauty market is highly fragmented and consist of some top players such as L'Oreal S.A, Clean Cosmetics, Estée Lauder, Inika Organic Australia, Avon, The Honest Company, Inc., Zuii Organic, RMS Beauty, Juice Beauty and Ere Perez.
By Product Type
- Face Products: The face products usually contain a range of wide range of products including foundation, face powder and many more. Face powders are cosmetics meant to improve the appearance of facial skin. Usually, they do this by coloring the skin or by producing other effects like changing how shiny the skin is or how light reflects off it. Usually, a brush is used to apply them. Ingredients in face powders are used to apply color evenly and precisely and/or powder to the skin. By choosing substances that are secure and appropriate for this use, face powder products' safety is established. Face powders are also evaluated for their propensity to irritate skin or trigger allergic responses.
- Skin Care: Skincare is a crucial practice for preserving the good health of the skin on the body and face. An individual applies a wide range of products to keep up a youthful appearance with a regular skincare regimen. Various proteins need to be incorporated into the usual skincare routine, from washing the skin frequently to applying moisturizer.
- Lip Products: The lip products include a range of lip products such as lipsticks, lip balm and many more.A lipstick is a cosmetic item made of colored pigments designed to improve the appearance and feel of the lips. Most lipsticks are packaged in a little tube that, when twisted upward, reveals a colored substance that resembles a crayon. While many lipstick hues closely resemble the colors of lips in nature, cosmetic artists like to emphasize lips with strong, vivid colors, such as traditional reds.
- Fragrances: Fragrances are substances with potent chemical constituents with distinctive, enticing smells. Manufacturers include them as a smell in a variety of products. It is occasionally possible for a fragrance ingredient to also be a flavor ingredient due to the chemical processes that both flavors and fragrances utilize. Even though the same plant or scent may be used in a product, tastes may go through various processing procedures for purity, may have different labels, and will be governed by different laws than scents.
- Hair Care: Hair care products aid in regulating the characteristics and behavior of the hair to enable controlled and appealing maintenance. Hair straighteners, relaxers, spray-on waves, shampoos, rinses, tonics, and dressings all fall under this category.Hair conditioners are used to create silky, smooth hair. They aid by substituting elements lost after washing, such as natural oils. By choosing substances that are secure and appropriate for use, hair conditioners' safety is established.
- Nail Care: Nail care is to keep of the fingernails and toenails for both health and aesthetic reasons. With proper nail care, people can avoid skin infections on the hands and feet, painful ingrown fingernails and toenails, and nail fungal infections. For people with diabetes, nail care is especially crucial since infections, particularly on the feet, can be harmful.
- Oral Care: Oral care is the condition of the mouth, teeth, and orofacial structures that allow people to carry out basic tasks like eating, breathing, and speaking. It also includes psychosocial components including wellbeing, self-assurance, and the ability to interact with others and perform job-related tasks without feeling pain, discomfort, or shame. Oral health changes throughout life, from childhood to old age, is crucial to overall health, and helps people participate in society and reach their full potential.
- Powder: The wide usage of clean beauty products, particularly face powders in powder form is set to boost its market growth. As a part of this, Face powders give the skin a matte finish, that covers complexion flaws, and a tactile smoothness. Powders have oil-absorbing qualities that are excellent for skin types with oily skin and offer foundation makeup a nice lasting impact. To set the foundation and retouch one's face throughout the day, one uses free powders. A good face powder, or one that spreads easily and smoothly on the skin, has the right amount of opacity and matte finish, wears well in hot and windy conditions, comes in a variety of color shades, smells enticing, and is always uniform and consistent in quality, is harder to make than some face powders.
- Liquid: The growing demand among consumers for products with are usually in the liquid form, has compelled manufacturers to come up with a wide range of products, which in turn is boosting its market growth. For example, in May 2023, the first Black-owned clean beauty company, LYS Beauty, debuted at Sephora launched Lash Confidence Clean Mascara, their first-ever product. This multi-tasking mascara is made to dramatically and immediately lengthen, curl, and volumize the appearance of lashes. It's been examined by ophthalmologists, is cruelty-free, vegan, and clean at Sephora Beauty.
- Gel: The presence of key players across the region providing a range of clean beauty products in gel form is set to boost its market growth in the upcoming years. As a part of this, Coal conducts extensive research to ensure that the skin care products it offers are high-performance, hypoallergenic, and of the highest quality. Nothing toxic, even scents. No secret components. Only truthful, unambiguous sincerity.
By Consumer Group
- Gen X: People who were born between 1965 and 1981, during the post-World War II reconstruction of Europe, are referred to as Generation X. Since obtaining a work following a period of turmoil was extremely difficult, their life has not been simple. They had no place for idealism because their concept of life was to labor and produce. They were raised with ideals that emphasize individualism, ambition, and a work addiction.
- Gen Z: The millennial generation came first, followed by Generation Alpha, and Gen Z is currently the second youngest group. Like every generation before it, Gen Z's upbringing influenced their behavior. Today's youth have grown up amid warnings of impending doom brought on by climate change, pandemic lockdowns, and economic collapse. When the internet first became widely used, the first members of Generation Z were born. The first generation to have grown up with the internet as a regular part of life is referred to as "digital natives".
- Millennials: The generation that immediately follows Generation X in terms of population is the millennial, sometimes referred to as Generation Y or the Net Generation. The phrase is frequently credited to Neil Howe and William Strauss, authors of the 1991 book Generations: The History of America's Future, 1584 through 2069. The Millennial cohort, as defined by Howe and Strauss, consists of those born between 1982 and 2004.
- Baby Boomers: The phrase "baby boomer" is used to refer to those who were born between 1946 and 1964. Particularly in industrialized countries, the baby boomer generation makes up a sizeable share of the global population. As of July 2019, it made up 73 million of the population in the United States, according to the most recent census report. Baby boomers, who were the largest generation in American history (until the millennial generation narrowly overtook them), have had a considerable impact on the economy and will likely continue to do so.
By End User
- Men: The increasing awareness among men regarding the benefits associated with the usage of clean beauty products has increased the purchasing power of men which in turn would boost its market growth in the future.
- Women: The increase in women's participation in corporate sectors in emerging countries is highlighted by economic growth and increased female educational awareness. Governments are also encouraging women to enter the workforce, improving female economic empowerment, and reducing the gender participation gap in the labor force. As more women enter the workforce, consumer disposable income has increased per person and consumer buying patterns have changed. Additionally, people are choosing cosmetics more frequently as awareness of looks and standard of living rises. The number of working women is increasing, which has resulted in a rapid rise in clean beauty sales all around the world.
- Kids: The presence of major players providing clean beauty products for kids is set to boost its market growth. As a part of this, Gabriel Cosmetics Inc. takes pleasure in the honesty and openness with which it was built. These guiding principles served as the impetus for the development of pure, error-proof, and result-driven cosmetics, which have set the way for the natural beauty sector for the past 25 years. Gabriel goods provide customers with eco-friendly and ethical alternatives to their beauty needs without sacrificing aesthetics, usability, or accessibility. There are no synthetic chemicals or animal byproducts used in the production of any of the items.
By Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets: A supermarket & hypermarket is a sizable retail establishment where items are arranged so that customers can choose what they want. Customers always fill a trolley from the shelf with what they desire, then have the counter clerk charge their credit card. The expanding advantages that supermarkets and hypermarkets have, like operating on a self-service basis, providing a variety of goods discounts accessible on various commodities, giving customers freedom of choice, and making significant profits, are expected to drive the market's expansion.
- Convenience Stores: A convenience store is a type of retail establishment that prioritizes the comfort of its patrons. As a result, these businesses are situated in handy areas where customers can easily buy a variety of goods, including groceries, food, gasoline, and other things. Moreover, the presence of large number of convenience stores across various regions of the world, coupled with the frequent visit of consumers over there is likely to contribute to its overall segment growth. For instance, according to the Associations for Convenience and Fuel Retailing, in the US, there are 148,026 convenience stores open for business. Gas is sold in around 80% of convenience stores (116,641 total), and single-store operators continue to control the market with 60.4% of all locations (89,336 stores).
- Specialty Stores: A specialty store is a retail establishment that sells unique and specialized goods. These stores concentrate on selling a certain product category or brand. Usually, specialty stores include company dedicated stores as well as multi branded stores. A store that offers only video games or cell phones, for instance, would be regarded as specialty stores. Moreover, the growing benefits provided by specialty stores such as specialty shops have the advantage of being able to give clients comprehensive information about the product of their choice. This is since specialty stores have an advantage in terms of staffing and training, which results in more knowledgeable employees. Employees are more likely to just deal with one kind of product, which makes it simpler for them to give prospective clients comprehensive information that best meets their needs. For instance, a prospective consumer looking to purchase a clean beauty product will probably visit an cosmetic store since it will be simpler for them to select the item of their choosing there. Furthermore, the presence of many specialty stores across various regions of the world, coupled with the frequent visit of consumers there is likely to contribute to its overall segment growth. For instance, according to MRFR analysis, in 2021 there are around 131,470 small specialty stores in the U.S. However, the number of specialty stores has declined 0.8% per year on average between 2016 to 2021.
- Online: Online sales channels usually include e-commerce websites, and traditional marketplaces such as Amazon, Flipkart, and many more. E-commerce is a distribution channel through which goods and services flow from producers to consumers through the internet. E-commerce is one of the channels for people to buy and sell products in a more convenient way. This channel is also comprised of both online purchases through brick-and-mortar firms’ websites and from pure-play e-tailers’ websites. The key benefits of this channel are that it is rapidly growing, offers global marketing reach, can be directly operated by consumers, and many more.
- Others: Others segment include salon. A salon is a place where beauty products are provided. In many parts of the world, salons offer a wide variety of services/products to both men and women. As more individuals get interested in beauty treatments and new services are developed to attract more clients, the salon industry tends to grow at a steady rate.
North America: One of the important reasons driving the growth of the clean beauty industry in North America is the leading manufacturers' expansion of their product portfolios for clean beauty. Innovation in the product line is a crucial factor that is projected to positively impact the growth of the North American clean beauty sector. Additionally, major manufacturers place a great emphasis on promotional activities to raise consumer awareness of new product launches, which will hasten the expansion of the North American market. With a sizeable percentage of the market in North America, the US significantly contributes to the growth of clean beauty in the region. Numerous variables are projected to contribute to the expansion of the clean beauty industry.
Europe: The modernization of consumer lifestyles has a significant impact on the market's expansion. Consumer awareness of clean beauty use has increased, which has boosted clean beauty sales in European nations. The main driver of the increased demand for clean beauty is ongoing product development. Manufacturers are currently concentrating on innovative ingredient-based product advancements. Due to the increasing public acceptability of organic products, they are also concentrating on the use of natural and organic ingredients in the manufacturing process. To shield their delicate skin from harsh chemicals, consumers are willing to pay extra for luxury clean beauty products. Additionally, manufacturers are concentrating on working with e-commerce businesses to increase overall profitability.
Asia-Pacific: The rising demand for clean beauty in emerging markets and rising per capita disposable income are expected to have a beneficial impact on the expansion of the Asia-Pacific market. The sale of clean beauty in Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow as consumer expenditure on clean beauty Major cosmetics firms discover enormous prospects in the Asia-Pacific region. To gain a competitive market share in the area, the producers are launching new items. Due to the prevalence of small, unorganised businesses, the clean beauty market in Asia-Pacific is highly fragmented. The growing number of working women in emerging nations is thought to be the primary driver of the region's expanding clean beauty consumption.
Rest of the World: The clean beauty market in South America, the Middle East, and Africa is growing. The Middle East has an adequate share of the market in Row and is anticipated to develop rapidly over the course of the projection period. The growing usage of clean beauty for both men and women are one of the main causes of the increased demand for clean beauty. However, it is anticipated that low product awareness and low per capita spending capacity will have a substantial negative impact on the expansion of the market in the region.