Pune, India, Sep 2022, MRFR Press Release/Market Research Future has published a Cooked Research Report on the Global Child Presence Detection System Market.
A child can be left unattended in a car and thus, get exposed to heatstroke risk. The child presence detection system is developed to solve this problem. With the help of alarm and communication systems, this system can alert caretakers or passers-by, if a child is left unattended in the car. This is a highly accurate and reliable radar system that is made to detect even the vital signs of sleeping new-borns. When an unattended child is spotted, the system feeds the info into the vehicle system to send out various alert notifications.
According to the MRFR analysis, the global child presence detection system market size is projected to reach USD 4.081 Billion by 2032 at a CAGR of 51.0%.
The child presence detection system market is driven by factors such as the increasing number of deaths of children trapped in hot vehicles and the increase in the sale of SUVs & luxury vehicles. However, the high cost of the system is expected to restrain the market growth. Government initiatives and regulations related to children’s safety in hot cars are expected to create opportunities for the market players.
All countries across the globe are trying to strike a fine balance between protecting health, minimizing economic and social disruption, and respecting human rights. The growing spread of coronavirus leads to disruption in the markets. Restrictions to shipping and industrial production are affecting multiple supply chains. Distribution of components is the key process in manufacturing industries, which is facing challenges such as staffing of warehouses, a need for direct distribution and more intelligent and responsive allocation across channels due to pandemic which led to pressure on supply chains.
Browse In-depth Details [Table of Content, List of Figures, List of Tables] of Child Presence Detection System Market Research Report
Child Presence Detection System Market Competitive Landscape
The global child presence detection system market is characterized by the presence of many local, regional, and global vendors. The market is highly competitive, with all the players continually competing to gain a larger market share. High competition, rapid advances in technology, frequent changes in government policies, and stringent environmental regulations are some of the critical factors that could restrain the market growth. The vendors compete in terms of cost, product quality, reliability, and aftermarket services. Vendors must provide cost-effective and efficient products to survive and succeed in a competitive market environment. . Infineon Technologies AG, Continental AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, Denso Corporation, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, and Magna International Inc. are some of the key players operating in the global market.
Child Presence Detection System Market Based on sensor type:
- Radar sensor: Radar sensors are an effective technology for detecting the presence of a child. Radar, as the sensing technology, fits the application requirements while also curtailing the privacy concerns that other sensing technologies such as cameras have. With numerous advantages under its belt, radar is all set to be the go-to sensor for left-out child monitoring/cabin monitoring.
- Ultrasonic sensor: Ultrasonic sensors can convert electrical energy into acoustic waves. The presence of humans is determined by analyzing the echoes received at the receiver array. These sensors are devices that detect ultrasonic waves. A combination of ultrasonic array sensors and a tracking algorithm are used to detect the slightest motion that is normally ignored by other detecting devices.
- Pressure sensor: Pressure sensors are devices that measure and convert changes in applied pressure or force into an electric charge. When installed in a car seat, it can detect the existence of a human being by arranging sensor logic to distinguish between an individual, an infant, and a belonging. The device is placed at the base of the seat and detects the presence of a child using a pressure sensor. It includes an alarm device that can be attached to a keychain or installed on the phone.
- Others: Others include temperature, sound, and LiDAR sensors. Temperature sensors are used to measure temperature at many places in an automobile and usually consist of either a thermistor (thermally sensitive resistor), thermocouple, resistance temperature detector (RTD), or infrared device.
Child Presence Detection System Market Based on vehicle type:
- Hatchback: Earlier, hatchbacks had either two or four doors and a one-piece flip-up tailgate, called a hatch, on their squared-off tails. Cars such as the early VW Golfs, Renault Le Cars, Ford Escorts, and Dodge Omnis were typical of that breed.
- Sedan: Sedans are described as having "three-box" bodies: the front box is home to the engine, the middle box is larger and houses the passengers, and the third box, located in the rear, is the trunk. It is a passenger car with four doors and a separate trunk. A trunk is a wholly enclosed cargo hold, separated from the passenger compartment by the rear seatback and the immovable package tray below the rear window.
- SUV: One of the biggest appeals of sports utility vehicles (SUVs) is their off-road compatibility. People living in rural areas usually prefer SUVs because of their powerful engine and 4-wheel or all-wheel-drive feature. Although many SUVs retain AWD, many of the more family-oriented models now have RWD (rear-wheel drive). Child presence detection system is used in SUVs to feed the info into the vehicle system to send out various alert notifications about sleeping newborns.
- MUV: Multi-Utility Vehicles (MUVs) are much more cost-effective than SUVs in several ways. The initial cost is lesser as most MUVs have smaller engines compared to SUVs; the simplified layout reduces the number of moving parts. Furthermore, fewer moving parts translates into fewer parts that can fail, resulting in reduced servicing costs. MUVs are more fuel-efficient than SUVs.
Child Presence Detection System Market Based on sales:
- OEM: The processes in the OEM segment include production, procurement, and installation of child monitoring and cabin sensing features. Many automotive manufacturing companies are working on ensuring safety and comfort to comply with the recent and upcoming child presence detector technology worldwide. OEM is more credible and authentic to the automotive manufacturer
- Aftermarket: The aftermarket is associated with the secondary manufacturing market, which is associated with the manufacturing, distribution, or retailing of the automobile-related products and installation of child presence detection system after various components to be installed in the vehicle are retailed by the OEMs. In addition to this, the increase in distributors, retailers, and online channel partners is expected to increase the demand for aftermarket child presence detection systems in the aftermarket.
Child Presence Detection System Market Based on vehicle propulsion:
- Electric vehicle: The EV segment comprises hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), and battery electric vehicles (BEVs). HEVs are EVs that combine an IC engine system with an electric system and are powered by both fuel and electricity. This combination is designed to provide several advantages, such as increased power and improvement in fuel economy. PHEVs are EVs in which the electric motor features a battery that is charged by plugging into an external electrical power source.
- ICE vehicle: An ICE vehicle converts the stored energy in fuel to heat, which is then converted to mechanical power to drive the vehicle. This type of vehicle uses gasoline or diesel as fuel to power the engine.
Child Presence Detection System Market Based on region:
- North America: North America is anticipated to be the largest contributor to the child presence detection system market. This includes the US, Canada, and Mexico. The key significant factor driving the growth of the market is the rising demand for design safety improvements in the automobile sector, which has significantly contributed to the growth of the child presence detection system market in this region. Furthermore, growing awareness regarding heatstroke deaths in cars is boosting the growth of the child’s presence detection system market.
- Europe: Europe is predicted to account for a high market share in the child presence detection system market. The safety of the drivers and passengers on their journey is a key focus for many of the new technologies being integrated into cars. New safety features are being promoted by consumer-protection groups and mandated by governments to avoid and mitigate accidents. The new vehicles include driver monitoring systems that will be required in the latest vehicles to accomplish optimum efficiency. Several European countries have witnessed an increase in the adoption of radar sensors in a car, and emerging countries are preparing for the same trends.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific is significantly contributing to the growth of the overall child presence detection system market, owing to the increasing implementation of advanced sensing technology, detecting machine, radar technology, and imaging technology across business organizations. Asia-Pacific is expected to uphold its dominance over the forecast period. Developing and developed countries such as China, India, Japan, South Korea, and Australia are the largest contributors to the regional market.
- Middle East & Africa: The growth of the child presence detection system market in the Middle East & Africa is growing steadily compared to other regions. The market in this region is also expected to grow significantly due to the rising adoption of advanced sensing technology in the latest vehicle architecture, with the testing taking place before the commercialization of the vehicle. Recent development in industrial unit optimization has forced the need to safety measurement and algorithm to make manufacturing more effective.
- South America: The growth of the regional market is growing steadily compared to other regions. However, the market in South America is expected to show significant growth during the forecast period due to the rising investments in the technology industry, which are majorly focused on automotive technologies and software.