Pune, India, July 2022, MRFR Press Release/Market Research Future has published a Cooked Research Report on the Global Automotive Navigation Systems Market.
Global Automotive Navigation Systems Market
An automotive navigation system is one of the most vital parts of an automobile control system that gives the current location of the vehicle and provides real-time navigation as per the given directions. An automotive navigation system finds its application in passenger cars, heavy commercial vehicles, and light commercial vehicles based on its requirement. The future of automotive navigation system market outlook for sales seems astonishing due to its consistently increasing applications and the adoption and installation in electrical vehicles.
Automotive Navigation Systems Market Synopsis
According to the MRFR analysis, the global automotive navigation systems market size is projected to reach USD 32,893.7 million by 2030 at a CAGR of 11.3%.
Technological advancement associated with automotive navigation systems in recent years and increasing application areas of navigation services are pivotal factors that drive the global automotive navigation systems market. This report has segmented the global automotive navigation systems market based on device type, vehicle type, propulsion, and sales channel.
The high accuracy, usability, reliability and self-calibration of navigation system is major driving factor for the growth and expansion of market. However, high operating cost associated with automotive navigation systems market coupled with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic affect market growth.
Access full report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/automotive-navigation-systems-market-7865
Automotive Navigation Systems Market Competitive Landscape
The global automotive navigation systems market is highly fragmented and consists of many organized and unorganized industry players. manufacturers focus mainly on expansion of production capacities, continuous product launch, and collaborations with key stakeholders to gain a competitive advantage over other players. Key players include Continental, Alpine, Robert Bosch GmbH, Denso, Aisin Seiki, Faurecia Clarion, Garmin Ltd., NNG Software, TomTom, Harman, HERE Technologies, JVC Kenwood, Pioneer, and Telenav.
Automotive Navigation Systems Market By Product
- In-Dash Navigation System: In an automobile, a GPS navigation unit is either incorporated into the dashboard or replaces the OEM head unit. It has navigation as well as a variety of audio/video features such as CD/DVD, MP3, iPod, Bluetooth hands-free phone, and satellite radio. The navigation maps are loaded from a DVD or hard disc, and most hard disc systems can rip a CD to an MP3 library while the songs are being played. In-dash navigation systems use combined head units that include AM, FM, satellite radio, CD player, inputs for external players, hands-free telephone via Bluetooth, and occasionally a DVD player. They are also fully integrated into the car's steering wheel controls.
- Portable Navigation System: Portable navigation systems are handheld products that use GPS to detect their location. Connected portable navigation systems use a WAN digital cellular or Wi-Fi connection to connect to services like traffic information, local search, and other location-based services to improve the navigation experience. A portable navigation system with a WAN digital cellular connection can also employ aided GPS (A-GPS), allowing quicker fix time. Portable navigation systems provide turn-by-turn directions and location-based services in automobiles. A portable navigation system includes screens ranging from 3.5 to 5.2 inches and maps of a specific region stored on inbuilt NAND flash memory.
- Mobile Navigation System: Mobile navigation design lets users go where they want to, with the least friction possible. There are various tools that designers can use to construct a full navigation system in their mobile app, but the best one to employ is an app prototype tool
Automotive Navigation Systems Market By Vehicle Type
- Passenger Car: Passenger cars are motor vehicles with at least four wheels, used to transport passengers, with no more than eight seats, including the driver's seat. The continuous increase in demand for passenger vehicles has led international automobile manufacturers to increase their production capacities. As per the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), in 2020, the global production of passenger cars reached 55,834,456 units. The automotive navigation systems are especially seen in the premium and luxury categories. Automotive navigation systems were initially installed in high-end cars.
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle: The primary factor driving the heavy commercial vehicle segment in the global automotive navigation systems market is the increasing demand for pickup trucks and buses for commercial applications. Heavy commercial trucks are mainly used by retailers and transporters for transporting heavy goods.
- Light Commercial Vehicle: The primary factor driving the light commercial vehicle segment in the global automotive navigation systems market is the increasing demand for pickup trucks and vans for commercial applications. According to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), in 2020, the global production of commercial vehicles was 21,787,126 units. Light commercial trucks are mainly used by retailers and traders for transporting light goods. It is seen that the automotive navigation systems are mainly used in light commercial cars such as pickup trucks, minivans, and three-wheeler vehicles. However, due to the competitive market, several manufacturers are installing navigation systems in normal vehicles due to an increase in demand and customer base for automotive navigation systems market worldwide.
Automotive Navigation Systems Market By Propulsion
- Electric Vehicle: EVs are vehicles partially or fully powered by electricity, propelled by one or more electric motors. It can be powered by a collector system that uses electricity from outside the vehicle or self-powered by a battery (charged by solar panels or converting fuel to electricity using fuel cells or a generator). Road and rail vehicles, surface and underwater watercraft, electric airplanes, and electric spacecraft are all electric vehicles. The sales of electric vehicles are rising rapidly due to increasing awareness regarding environmental protection and beneficial government subsidies & schemes. The awareness regarding the impact of gasoline vehicles on the environment has created a demand for electric vehicles globally. Government initiatives, such as subsidies, grants, and improved charging infrastructure, help promote the adoption of electric vehicles. For instance, in September 2017, the Indian Ministry of Road Transport and Highways announced several non-fiscal incentives to ensure that electric vehicles account for 15% of the total vehicle sale in the country in the next five years.
- ICE: ICEs are the most prevalent type of heat engine, with applications in automobiles, boats, ships, planes, and trains. Internal combustion engines (ICEs) are so named because the fuel is ignited to run for the engine. As exhaust, the same fuel and air mixture is expelled. A piston or a turbine can be used to accomplish this.
Automotive Navigation Systems Market By Sales Channel
- OEM: OEMs procure and install automotive parts and components while assembling the automobile. Major automotive component manufacturers invest in R&D to offer advanced components and modules and upgrade existing technologies for automotive navigation systems. The automotive navigation systems adopted by OEMs usually provide comfort to the customers. Such factors are anticipated to drive the growth of the OEM segment in the global automotive navigation systems market during the forecast period.
- Aftermarket: The automotive aftermarket is associated with manufacturing, remanufacturing, and installing automotive parts, components, and modules after the OEMs have retailed the vehicle. Most customers prefer cost-effective and efficient parts to replace damaged parts and lubricants. Moreover, increasing vehicle production, along with the growing demand for premium vehicles and the rising demand for light and heavy commercial vehicles for industrial applications, is expected to drive the aftermarket segment. Additionally, the increase in the presence of distributors, retailers, and online channel partners worldwide is expected to increase the scope for automotive navigation systems market sales. These factors help aftermarket players to cater to the growing needs of the global automotive industry.
Automotive Navigation Systems Market By Region
- North America: Due to the rising penetration of high-end luxury cars in the US and Mexico, North America currently accounts for the leading position in the market share. Moreover, an increase in the automotive industry in the major regions increases the demand for the automotive navigation system market.
- Europe: The high export of automobiles and related components will stimulate the product share over the forecast timeframe. In addition, industry players in this region are expanding their presence in emerging countries, including Brazil, India, and Turkey, to strengthen their strategic position in the automotive market across the globe.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific is predicted to register a significant CAGR during the review period due to developing regions like India and China, which are more inclined toward using high-end automotive components like navigation systems.
- Latin America: The automotive market in South America is dominated by countries such as Brazil, Argentina, and Columbia. The automotive industry in Columbia primarily concentrates on manufacturing auto components. Furthermore, major automotive OEMs, such as FCA, Honda, Mazda, KIA, Nissan, Toyota, and Volkswagen, are raising the demand for the automotive navigation system market over the projected timeframe.
- Middle East & Africa: The Middle East & Africa is expected to witness substantial growth, owing to the investor-friendly policy framework for automobile and component manufacturing in countries including Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Egypt.