Pune, India, Feb 2023, MRFR Press Release/Market Research Future has published a Cooked Research Report on the Global Aseptic Automatic Filling Machine Market.
Global Aseptic Automatic Filling Machine Market
The aseptic automatic filling machine is one of the vital parts of the global pharmaceutical industry with its consistent need for washing, sterilizing and filling wide range of pharmaceutical products. Prominent features such as design-level innovation and automation, time and labor-saving mechanisms, and precise handling of items drive the demand and sales of a range of aseptic automatic filling machines across the continents. Furthermore, the rising manufacturing output from the pharmaceutical sector is creating a substantial demand for aseptic automatic filling machines. The future demand and sales outlook for aseptic automatic filling machines is estimated to remain attractive on the back of its frequent demand generation from pharmaceutical sector.
Aseptic Automatic Filling Machine Market Size was valued at USD 3.70 billion in 2021. The Aseptic Automatic Filling Machine market industry is projected to grow from USD 3.93 Billion in 2022 to USD 6.4064 billion by 2030, exhibiting a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% during the forecast period (2022 - 2030).
In the coming years, Aseptic automation filling machine use is increased due to drug innovation and there is understandably a lot of consumer skepticism is the biggest driver in pharmaceutical industry. The advent of increasingly individualized medicines, its likely to see more of a demand for such innovations in pharmaceutical industry. Of course, developing new drugs takes time and effort. It’s not cheap either. On average, it takes a decade of research to bring an experimental drug to market. While big drug companies have an advantage when it comes to distribution and manufacturing, smaller companies tend to be better at innovating and potentially moving a product down the pipeline. Some startups specialize in developing new drug compounds and they are preferring fully automatic technology because of its effectiveness and efficiency.
The global market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. as it is causing widespread concern and economic deprivation of industries and individuals all over the globe. The aseptic automatic filling machine manufacturers worldwide supply their products and solutions to various products in pharmaceuticals. Moreover, without an effective Aseptic automatic filling solution, such industries will not be able to meet consumers' demand in the market and face a financial crisis. As the demand for Aseptic automatic filling machinery solutions has declined due to production shutdowns, lockdowns imposed in several countries, and disruptions in the supply chain, many Aseptic automatic filling machine manufacturing companies have witnessed low in revenue. This has severely impacted economic activities, resulting in job losses and salary deductions for individuals across supply chains. Amid the outbreak, laborers fled to their respective native lands.
The global market is fragmented, and a few number of producers control the majority of the share. Major businesses are putting their focus of the players is to provide advanced products to aid in increasing adoption, which could help strengthen a country's growth with advanced products. Although players dominate the market, a few local players with a limited market share also have a prominent presence in this market.Key players include Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Solutions, Bausch Advanced Technology Group, Maquinaria Industrial Dara, Sl, Barry-Wehmiller, John Bean Technologies Corporation, Packaging Group Gmbh, Syntegon Technology Gmbh, Saintyco, Groninger & Co. Gmbh, Lodha International Llp, Adinath International.
By Packaging Type
- Ampoules: An ampoule is a sealed container usually made of glass designed to store liquid samples. The majority of contemporary ampoules offer their components protection from the air and other pollutants in the environment. Ampoules are the ideal choice for pharmaceutical packaging due to their characteristics and assurance of protection against external reactants and impurities. The ampoules are thematically sealed at the top by melting the thin top layer with a flame; to release the seal, simply snap the bottle's neck. Before sealing, the leftover space at the top of the ampoule is filled with inert gases that don't react with the ampoule's contents. Ampoules are reliable for handling and transporting pharmacological fluids since they are not fragile. The cost of these ampoules is comparatively higher than the other conventional containers, but they also provide additional security and surety about protection from contaminants and other external factors. The most aseptic automatic filling machine fills pharmaceutical glass ampoules ranging from 1ml to 30 ml and provides swift filling process.
- Vials: Vials is a small glass or plastic vessels or bottles, often used to store medication as liquids, powders, or capsules. They can also be used as scientific sample vessels, such as in analytical chromatography autosampler equipment. A vial may be tubular or may resemble a bottle with a neck. The volume defined by the neck is known as the headspace. Modern vials are frequently constructed from polymers like polypropylene. Vials come in a variety of shapes and sizes, including those used for single-dose and multi-dose drugs. A multi-dose vial can be used more than once, but a single-dose vial can only be used once. Manufacturers operating in the global aseptic automatic filling machines market are offering a wide range of aseptic filling, washing and sterilizing machines for variety of vials.
- Syringes: A syringe is a simple reciprocating pump made of a plunger that snugly fits inside a barrel-shaped tube. The syringe may take in and release liquid or gas through a discharge orifice at the open end of the tube by linearly pulling and pushing the plunger along the inside of the tube. To direct the flow into and out of the barrel, the open end of the syringe may be equipped with a hypodermic needle, a nozzle, or tubing. In clinical medicine, syringes are regularly used to measure liquids, inject intravenous therapy into the bloodstream, apply substances like adhesive or lubricant, and provide injections. There are many players that offer an advanced innovative machine portfolio for the filling and packaging of liquids and powders in disposable syringes. An automatic filling machine may process up to 60,000 syringes per hour with minimum product loss and also has automatic handling features and in-process control.
- Bags and Pouches: Pharmaceuticals and medical bags pouches are designed to protect aseptic liquids from moisture, odor, light, chemical resistance, oxygen, and contaminants, and also help in improving shelf life. Stand-up pouches, flat pouches, laminated roll stock pouches, plastic bags are some of the pharmaceutical packaging formats which are widely used. Based on its packaging outlook, the bags and pouches offer required flexibility to the inside content. Aseptic automatic filling machines are frequently used to fill liquid, semi liquid form of pharmaceuticals in bags and pouches.
- Bottles: A bottle is a narrow-necked container of various forms and sizes composed of an impermeable material such as glass, plastic, or aluminum that stores and conveys liquids. Its mouth can be sealed at the bottling line with an internal stopper, an external bottle cap, a closure, or induction sealing. Bottles that have been aseptically filled are easy to manageable, shock-resistant, and resealable. A bottle is a fresh approach to the growing market for pharmaceuticals and refrigerated liquids, as well as an excellent way to stand out from the competition on shelves. Additionally, intelligent bottle-filling process equipment greatly decreases downtimes and processing times for the automatic aseptic filling system. Intelligent filling and packaging techniques have already made it possible to reduce product loss to one item per batch.
- Multi Packaging Type Machines: This type of machinery has ability to fill wide range of pharmaceutical packaging formats such as vials, ampoules, syringes, bottles and others. These types of machines are highly automated and technology driven. Leading as well as small scale manufacturers operating in the global pharmaceutical industry are rapidly opting such multi format filling machines which facilities the overall packaging needs. The future market outlook for multi packaging type machines seems lucrative back on its ability to fill multiple packaging formats such as vials, ampoules, syringes, bottles and others.
By Machine Type
- Filling Machines: A filling machine is a special type of packaging machine used to measure a product from bulk by some predefined value, such as the level in a container, mass, or volume. After taking the measurement, the machine fills the product into pouches, vials, ampoules, bottles, or any other container used for packaging. Aseptic filling machines have a wide range of applications in companies and industries. There are different variants of filling machines used to perform various tasks in end-use industries such as pharmaceuticals and healthcare. Furthermore, the choice of a filling machine depends on several factors such as viscosity, chemical compatibility, size and shape of the product, and environmental considerations.
- Cleaning and Sterilizing Machines: Cleaning & Sterilizing machines are very specifically designed to use in the pharmaceutical sector. Cleaning is the removal of foreign material from containers, which is usually done with water and detergents or enzymatic treatments. Because inorganic and organic materials that remain on the container's surfaces interfere with the efficiency of these liquids, thorough cleaning is essential prior to high-level disinfection and sterilization. These machines are being employed to manufacture different types of pharma products including syringes, pouches, bottles, vials, and ampoules that are being used in hospitals and clinics. This machine plays a very crucial role in the manufacturing process as these machines maintain the contamination level of bacteria and viruses during the manufacturing process and maintain a proper sterilization zone which is required for this product to get passed as a pharmaceutical product.
By Speed Range
- Below 5000: The aseptic automatic filling machine included in this segment has a filling capacity below 5000 per hour. This range of filling capacity is generally preferred for lower-speed applications. Some specifications of these types of aseptic automatic filling machines are compact in design, easy and fast format change, capable of horizontal and longitudinal processing, very good ability to be cleaned, and good accessibility. These aseptic filling machines are usually preferred for three different container types such as vials, cartridges, and syringes. Furthermore, this aseptic automatic filling machine is widely used in processing all commercially available ready-to-use glass and plastic syringes.
- 5000-15000: The 5000- 15000 per hour segment comprises aseptic automatic filling machines with filling capacities ranging between 5000 per hour and 15000 per hour. These are high-speed machines specifically used for large production requirements. These filling machines are easy to access at the individual station because of the narrow machine design. These are ideal for aseptic pharmaceutical items filling such as glass and plastic syringes and vials filling up to 15,000 per hour. The advantages of using these capacity automatic aseptic filling machines such as simple operation, gentle objective handling, continuous working, and good accessibility.
- Above 15000: The aseptic automatic filling machine included in this segment has a filling capacity greater than 15000 per hour. The automatic aseptic filling machine in the segment are extensively used for heavy-duty applications and in large production farms. These aseptic filling machines are often used by full-scale pharma and health care manufacturers.
- North America: North America is one of the prominent regional markets for the aseptic automatic filling machine with countries including Canada, the United States and Mexico. The United States is North America's largest and fastest-growing aseptic automatic filling machine market. Leading manufacturers and large companies driving the aseptic automatic filling machine market in North America. The aseptic filling machine market is currently being driven by several factors. The new advancements in technology in the automatic filling machine industry and the popularity of automatic filling and sterilizing machines among the packaging type such as ampoules, vials, syringes, and bottles in the pharmaceuticals sectors have catalyzed its demand in the continent. Moreover, aseptic automatic filling machines are a very cost-effective alternative in the pharmaceuticals sector to storage issues which minimizes wastage along with keeping the liquid safe and hygienic. Additionally, companies in this region are now adopting advanced machinery, which is coupled with the rise in the need for supply chain integration. This is driving the manufacturers towards packaging automation solutions because of their ability to interact with the stakeholders and the optimization of complicated logistics schedules.
- Europe: In Europe, the increase in the production of pharma and healthcare items has raised the need to manufacture aseptic automatic filling machines for the protection of liquid dosage, nutraceuticals, and semi-solid items from further spoilage. Moreover, higher operability, flexibility, and increased output rate are some of the attributes driving the automatic filling machinery market in Europe. The growing concern about health in the countries of Europe raises the need for pharmaceutical products with good quality material, which further leads to an increased demand for aseptic automatic filling machinery solutions. A diversified product portfolio is offered by various companies. These companies develop attractive filling machinery that provides safe handling during transportation and maintains the superior quality of pharmaceutical items, leading to an increase in demand for aseptic automatic filling machinery. The EU has taken various initiatives to continuously refurbish the automatic filling machinery market to achieve stable economic development. The government has developed favorable regulatory reforms for the filling machine machinery market, which will help to foster further business growth. Additionally, the increasing demand for the advanced aseptic automatic filling machine with efficient operations is expected to surge the European market growth.
- Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific aseptic automatic filling machine market includes India, China, Japan, and Others. These countries have set several regulations to monitor the quality and safety of healthcare items. India is well-known as the leading pharmaceutical drug manufacturing country in the Asia-pacific. During covid India has the largest manufacturer and exporter of pharmaceutical items in the world which leads the filling machine market in the Asia-Pacific region. The companies are moving forward to provide advanced technology solutions in pharmaceutical segments. Automatic filling machinery provides high-speed and high-performance filling solutions designed to develop a variety of packaging in different sizes, shapes, and materials according to product requirements. The increased demand for pharmaceutical items in the Asia-Pacific area has prompted firms to speed up their production lines. As a result, there is a growing demand for automatic filling devices that can fill material quickly while preserving accuracy, volume, and weight in containers.
- Middle East & Africa: The opportunities for an aseptic automatic filling machine market in developing region like the Middle East and Africa are impressive. The region’s automatic filling machinery industry is rapidly shifting towards advanced technology to develop innovative filling, cleaning, and sterilizing solutions for advanced processing, manufacturing, and supply chain models. Various companies are also concentrating on expanding their business across the regions and improving their product portfolio. The expansion of companies will allow them to better serve the growing need for various end-use industries sectors including the pharmaceutical sector. Many countries in the region are increasingly investing in regional companies to accelerate their production capacity. The players use advanced technology to make product durability up to the mark. The growing demand for cost-effective solutions for filling and sterilizing various types of ampoules, syringes, pouches, and bottles in these countries is likely to propel the growth of the aseptic automatic filling machinery market in the upcoming years.
- South America: South American countries have been a promising venue for global companies. The South American region includes emerging economies such as Brazil, Argentina, and others. Additionally, Brazil and Argentina are the main drivers for the region, equipped with aseptic automatic filling machinery. Various pharmaceutical businesses increasingly use these automatic aseptic filling machines to optimize business processes and reduce operating costs. Growth in technological advancements, rapid development & urbanization in these emerging economies will drive the automatic filling machine market in the year to come. Furthermore, the pharmaceutical sector is a key player in the aseptic automatic filling machine market. Argentina and Brazil are the largest pharmaceutical producers in South America. Thus, favorable capital investment projects and the growing pharmaceutical sector will further boost the automatic aseptic filling machine market in the target region. Additionally, the region has a sizable geriatric population. Thus, the region's growing geriatric population, high prevalence of respiratory disorders, and simultaneous development in medical device technology and healthcare infrastructure are projected to drive the aseptic automatic filling machines market throughout the forecast years.