Pune, India, September 2019, MRFR Press Release/- Market Research Future has published a Half-Cooked Research Report on the Global Antimicrobial Textile Additive Market.
According to the MRFR analysis, the Global Antimicrobial Textile Additive Market is expected to register a CAGR of ~5.7% and is expected to value ~USD 13.1 Billion by 2025 during the forecast period.
Microbial contaminations are harmful and cause several health-related hazards such as squames, atopic dermatitis, and skin-related disorders. To prevent the colonization of microorganisms, antimicrobial textile additives are incorporated in the fabrics thus making them microbe resistant. The market growth is mainly attributed to the high demand for self-sanitizing fabrics and growing awareness regarding microbes.
The steady demand for antimicrobial textile additives is witnessed across North America from the established healthcare industry.
The stringent standard test methods for textile additives in various countries such as the US, Japan, and Switzerland are likely to boost the demand for antimicrobial textile additives during the review period. Some of such standards are:
- American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists Standards – AATCC 147-2004 for ‘Quantitative Assessment by Parallel Streak Method’
- American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists Standards - AATCC 100-2004 for ‘Quantitative Assessment by Percentage Reduction Test’
- American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists Standards – AATCC 174 for ‘Antimicrobial activity assessment of carpets’
- Japanese Industrial Standard – JIS L 1902-2002 for ‘Testing for antibacterial activity and efficacy on textile products’
- International Standard -ISO 20743 for ‘Determination of Antibacterial Activity of Antibacterial Finished Products’
- Swiss Norm - SN 195920-1992 for ‘Quantitative Assessment by Agar Diffusion Method’
Browse Full Report Details @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/antimicrobial-textile-additive-market-8341
By Active Agents
- Synthetic Organic Compounds
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Poly hexamethylene Biguanides (PHMB)
- Metal & Metallic Salts
- Medical Textile
- Technical Textile
- Domestic Textile
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America: The North American market held the largest market share in 2018, due to the high demand for antimicrobial textile fabrics such as hygienic surgical and non-surgical gowns, gloves, and drapes from the well-established healthcare industry to prevent the spreading of communicable diseases. In addition, the increasing use of antimicrobial textiles in implantable and non-implantable materials such as sutures, dressings, and bandages are further driving the regional market growth.
- US: The leading country-level market in North America owing to presence of major players such as Dow, BioCote, and Milliken.
- Europe: The market growth in Europe is primarily driven by the increased use of antimicrobial fabrics in automobile applications such as carpets and headlines, particularly in Western Europe. Additionally, the rising innovations in the region to manufacture environment-friendly products is further driving the market growth in the region. For instance, in June 2019, Sanitized, one of the leading producers of the antimicrobial hygiene textiles and polymers across the globe, has developed a new antimicrobial additive using natural mint under the brand name of Sanitized Mintactiv for cotton textiles.
- Germany: Germany is the leading country in the region on the account of well-established automotive manufacturing and healthcare industry.
- UK: High demand for antimicrobial textiles in domestic and commercial applications likely to fuel the demand for antimicrobial textile additives in coming years.
- Asia-Pacific: The fastest-growing regional market. The rapidly expanding textile industry and the healthcare industry are the majorly contributing to the regional market growth. Additionally, the rising awareness coupled with the significant changing lifestyle of the consumers in developing countries of the region is further driving the growth of antimicrobial textile additives.
- China is expected to dominate the other country-level markets and drive the growth of the Asia-Pacific antimicrobial textile additive market owing to the expanding health care sector in the region. In addition, the increasing demand for fresh and hygienic textiles is augmenting the consumption of antimicrobial additives in textile industry.
- India following China is rapidly emerging as a major textile hub in the region. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), in 2017 the Indian textiles industry was valued USD 108 billion and is expected to reach USD 223 billion in 2021. Additionally, the rising awareness regarding personal hygiene and well-being among the consumers is likely to favor the market growth for antimicrobial textile additive in the country.
- Latin America: The market in Latin America is growing with the high consumption of antimicrobial additives in the textile industry in the region. Additionally, the increase in demand of hygienic and self-sterilizing fabrics on the account of rising awareness among the consumers is further driving the regional market demand.
- Middle East & Africa: Currently, the least developed market, the region exhibits moderate growth during the forecast period.