Hummus is a savory creamy dip or spread made of mashed chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic. For garnisheeing paprika, parsley, and olive oil are widely used in the Middle East countries. Hummus contains olive oil and sesame seeds which are high in fats. Hummus has a lower source of carbohydrates and it is a very good source of plant-based fiber and protein.
Hummus is a very nutritious and versatile dip that can go be served as a side dish or it can be a good partner of garlic bread, sandwiches, etc. Hummus has a very creamy rich taste which is a bit sour and garlicky. It is one healthy and tasty dip you can ever have, which will enhance the flavor of boring dishes.
Loaded With Healthy Ingredients
The main ingredient in hummus is chickpeas which is the ultimate source of carb, protein, and fiber. Hummus is also considered, one of the healthiest food in the world. Plant-based foods are very good for health and according to the studies; people who eat more plant-based foods are likely to stay away from certain diseases.
Garlic and olive oil are two other main ingredients of hummus which is a must part of a Mediterranean diet. The overall flavor of hummus is very delicious and healthy at the same time.
Homemade Hummus Are Best
Hummuses are easily available in the market with a variety of textures and flavors but nothing can beat the taste of homemade hummus, as here you can experiment with the ingredients however you like.
The portion of the ingredients can be adjusted here according to your own preferences and taste. Consistency is also very important, which you can adjust when you are preparing it at the comfort of your home.
- Hummus really goes well with pita bread which is made of white flour or you can pair them up with 100% whole grain pita, it will add vitamin and fiber to your diet.
- Hummus can go well with vegetables, cucumber, red pepper, carrots, etc
- Well homemade hummus is already very creamy and full of flavor, so you can skip the part hereof adding extra olive oil to avoid those extra calories
- You can replace hummus with mayonnaise
Nutrition Value of Hummus
A two tablespoon of hummus contains:
- 70 calories
- 2 grams of protein
- 5 grams of fat
- 4.5 grams of carbohydrates
- 1.5 grams of fiber.
How to enjoy hummus in the best way possible
There are a number of ways of eating hummus:
- Spread over a toast and sprinkle some paprika over the top
- Pair them up with mashed potato
- Mix them up with avocado
- With grilled chicken and burgers
- Replace your boring tomato sauce with hummus
Hummus is a healthy food packed with all the natural ingredients and flavors. It delivers all the important nutrition to the body and can easily enhance the flavors of boring dishes.