The worldwide sodium chloride market touched US$ 28 Billion of value in the year 2019. Sodium chloride is represented as NaCl, which is an ionic compound with sodium and chloride ions at a 1:1 ratio. Moreover, sodium chloride is popularly known as common salt or table salt, or only salt. It is a water-soluble compound. The worldwide sodium chloride market will experience moderate advancements throughout the upcoming five years.
The demand for sodium chloride is on the rise in multiple sectors, such as chemical, food, medical, and industrial. It acts as the key driving factor for growing the global sodium chloride market.
Moreover, sodium chloride is getting more and more attention as a de-icing agent when it comes to cleaning roads caused by heavy snowfall.
Global Sodium Chloride Market: Current Scenario
- The driving forces of the global sodium chloride market’s growth are its applications in multiple industries, such as medical, food, chemical, and industrial. Moreover, sodium chloride also witnesses usage when it comes to de-icing highways as well as streets in various places of Europe and North America in times of heavy snowfall.
- When it is about the field of food, people make use of sodium chloride in coloring, seasoning, fish preservation, and curing meats.
- Sodium chloride also experiences applications in the medical sector in catheter flush injections. It is also used in intravenous infusions. Furthermore, people also use sodium chloride in cleaning many objects like contact lenses. Moreover, inhaling NaCl helps to keep specific bacteria at bay in body secretions.
- Sodium chloride is one of the integral parts of the chemical industry. It is primarily used in the production of sodium chlorite, caustic soda, sodium bicarbonate, and ammonium chloride.
- NaCl is also heavily used as feedstocks in softening water and in multiple industrial processes. All these applications have accelerated the growth of the global sodium chloride market.
- Asia currently accounts for the biggest region for manufacturing sodium chloride. Nonetheless, North America, Europe, and Central & South America are also the significant producers of sodium chloride.
Global Sodium Chloride Market: Segmentation
- The global sodium chloride market is segmented in terms of grade, application, and geography. Based on the grade, the global NaCl market is divided into solar salt, rock salt, and vacuum salt.
- In terms of the application, the market is segregated into chemical production, agriculture, deicing, pharmaceutical, water conditioning, food processing, and so on.
- Based on the geography, the global sodium chloride market is segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle-East and Africa.
- When it comes to the Asia-Pacific region, the contributing countries are Japan, India, China, and the remaining parts of Asia-Pacific. For North America, the countries are the United States, Mexico, and Canada. When it is about South America, the countries in this regard are Argentina, Brazil, and the rest of South America. For Europe, the countries with the sodium chloride market are the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, France, and the rest of Europe. For Middle-East and Africa, the countries are Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and the rest of the Middle-East and Africa.