Chia seeds are basically edible seeds that are a good source of fibers, minerals, antioxidants, and heart-healthy omega 3 acids. Chia seeds help to reduce the risks of getting heart diseases, diabetics and also provide good health and better digestion. Chia seeds can be eaten raw or mixed with different dishes as well.
Chia seeds are considered as the healthiest food on earth as it provides valuable nutrients to the brain and the body. These seeds are black in color and obtained from the plant’s Salvia hispanica, which is also known as a modern-day superfood that is widely consumed by health-conscious people around the globe.
Every 28 Grams Of Chia Seeds Contains:
- 4 grams of protein
- 11 grams of fiber
- 18% of the RDI: calcium
- 30% of the RDI: manganese
- 9 grams of fat
- 27% of the RDI: phosphorus
- 30% of the RDI: magnesium
- An appropriate amount of vitamin B3, vitaminB1, vitamin B2, and zinc
Incredible Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are gluten-free and mostly grown organically, it is also considered as a whole grain food and on top of that, they are non-GMO. Here are few health benefits of chia seeds when includes in your daily diet:
- Antioxidants – Chia seeds are a good source of antioxidants, and according to the researches getting antioxidants from various food sources is more beneficial for health as compared to supplements. Antioxidants help to fight the free radicals which are the ultimate causes of various diseases.
- Protein – Chia seeds are a good source of protein and it is beneficial for people who are vegetarian or who eat very little. Chia seeds can help in weight management and according to the studies, people who take high protein are likely to reduce the desire of eating all the time especially junk foods.
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases – Chia seeds are a rich source of protein, fiber, and omega 3 acids, which might help in lowering the risks of any heart disease. Chia seeds reduce the levels of the blood pressure of the people who are suffering from hypertension, Hypertension can be a very strong risk factor for heart diseases.
- Helps to maintain the sugar level – High fasting sugar levels are linked with several diseases that include heart diseases and chronic diseases. Including chia seeds in your daily diet can help you to maintain the sugar levels in your body.
Chia Seeds Can Easily Go With Your Daily Meal
Chia seeds are easily available in the market and, most importantly it is very easy to prepare, you can add chia seeds in porridge or smoothies, you can even consume raw chia seeds. You can add chia seeds to your baking items, it will enhance the flavor and it will also provide you all the essential nutrients to your body.
However, chia seeds are very beneficial for health in all aspects, from boosting metabolic rate to weight loss. You should add them to your daily diet from today.