A flight simulator is a machine that artificially designed the aircraft cockpits or that recreates aircraft flights and the surroundings of the cockpits. It is basically an image that mimics the pilot’s view and the motion of the aircraft. A flight simulator is used for the training purposes of the pilots.
The prime purpose of a flight simulator is to provide an appropriate environment to the pilots who are undergoing training sessions. This device helps them to test, achieve, and maintain the skills of handling an aircraft without harming the life of the fellow passengers.
The cost of training with the help of a flight simulator is much cheaper than flying in the air. Here are the top advantages of using a flight simulator for training:
- Upgrade navigation skills – The flight simulator helps the pilots to enhance their navigation skills, VFR and IFR both. Simulators can help you fly the routes ahead of time, especially when you are planning to cross the country. You can even enter and execute instrumental procedures with the help of onboard navigation equipment and devices.
- Improve training – The majority of the pilots use a flight simulator to enhance ether flying skills, this device is also very beneficial for the new pilots who want to learn the basic and advanced skills of flying an aircraft. So, this device is beneficial for both of them
- Maintain Excellency – It is very important for a pilot to maintain a high proficiency when it comes to flying big aircraft as you are not only responsible for your life but for the other fellow passengers as well who are traveling with you. The flight simulator can be used to polish your skills from time to time as well which will eventually help you to become a better pilot in the future.
- Saves a lot of time – When you are practicing or taking IFR lesions, it normally takes 3 hours to complete the training from the time you arrive till you leave. The simulator can help you learn the basic things in half the time of the IFR lesions.
- The safest way to practice – It is very obvious that when you are practicing in the middle of the air is quite dangerous though there are all the safety tools and measure available but practicing at the comfort of your home and with a flight simulator is way easier than you think. It is the best alternative to learn and experiments with the methods of flying and the control panels.
A flight simulator is also used to prepare new pilots for similar aircraft failure cases. It is used to teach the students about past accidents, how they happened, what can be the possible safety options were available to choose from, whether the problem is linked with engines, electrical malfunctioning, and silly mistakes, etc.
However, it is very important for a pilot to be well skilled in the communication process whether it’s with ATC or with the other pilots. It is a very essential skill, and a flight simulator can provide a stress-free environment for the new bees.