Speak to Analyst
Request a Free Sample
Pain Patch Market Forecast
The pain patch market is expected to reach USD 23.41 Billion by 2032 at 4.8% CAGR during the forecast period 2023-2032
Pain patches are the transdermal therapeutic system (TTS), which contain active substances that are absorbed by the skin and distributed into the body through the bloodstream.
The companies involved in developing pain patches develop pain patches for different therapeutic applications such as neurological pain, arthritis, osteoporosis, and others. For instance, in June 2019, NanoVibronix a medical device company announced they are planning to launch of CBD infused patch in combination with cream for the PainShield system a therapeutic ultrasound product used for pain management. Additionally, in August 2015 Mylan N.V. launched Lidocaine Patch 5%, a generic version of Endo Pharmaceutical's Lidoderm for post-herpetic neuralgia (PHN). The launch of new products and technology by companies is also projected to boost the pain patch market growth.
Increasing demand for easy to use pain management product drives the pain patch market.
- Increasing demand for easy to use, painless, and convenient mode of pain management drives pain patch market growth.
- The geriatric population, young people, and huge patient groups having problems in swallowing or who are suffering from vomiting or emesis increase the demand for transdermal patches.
- The increasing prevalence of neurological disorders such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson’s disease (PD), and others. Exelon patch distributed by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation is a prescription medicine used to treat the above-mentioned neurological disorder. The growing patient population with a memory problem or other brain-related problems boosts the demand for pain patches.
- In addition, increasing adoption of opioids for pain management related to trauma and injury in severe and in cases of post-surgical pain is driving pain patch market growth.
- Extended use of patches causing side effects such as vomiting, weakness, allergic reaction hampers the pain patch market growth.
- Availability of alternative pain management products
Pain Patch Market Segmentation
- Opioid: The opioid segment for pain management is further sub-segmented into, immediate-release and extended-release. The immediate-release patches release the opioid quickly as it comes in contact with skin, but their effect lasts for a shorter period. Whereas extended-release patches release the drug for a longer period. By type, opioid is the largest segment owing to its availability in the pain patch market and increasing demand for pain management.
- Non-Opioid: It is the fastest-growing segment by type. There is an increase in demand for non-opioid pain patches, as it is considered as less addictive and safe. NanoVibronix, a healthcare company, is planning to launch a combination of PainShield and nanoparticle CBD-infused patch/cream as an alternative to opioids for pain treatment.
By Mode of Administration
- Microneedle Patches: Holds the largest segment by mode of administering. There are different types of microneedle patches, such as hollow microneedles, solid microneedles, dissolving microneedles, and others. The availability of different patches increases the demand for this type of pain management products.
- Active Delivery Systems with Patches: pain patch market is the fastest-growing segment. These are active patches works with active systems example, iontophoresis. These patches conduct small current through which active substances are transferred into the body. LTS Lohmann Therapie-Systeme AG offers such type of active patches for pain management.
By Therapeutic Use
- Neurological Disorder: It is the largest segment by therapeutic application. In a neurological disorder, the pain patches are used for Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and neuropathic pain.
- Cancer: High doses of opioid patches are used to control their cancer pain.
- Smoking Cessation: The nicotine administration patches reduce the pain in both smokers and nonsmokers.
- Others: The other segment include skincare, spinal pain, neck pain, and others.
By End Users
- Hospitals and Clinics: Hospitals are the primary points for diagnosis and treatment for individuals. The increase in patient visits to hospitals for the diagnosis increases the segmental growth.
- Home Care: Holds the largest market share. The pain patches can be used by the patient itself at home due to the ease of use and convenience.
- Other: This segment includes surgical centers, rehabilitation centers, and others.
- Americas: The Americas is the largest regional market. An increasing number of chronic diseases, neurological disease, spinal injury, and other health problems is likely to drive the growth of the market during the assessment period. In the Americas, 5 million people are living with Alzheimer’s disease, and the number is expected to grow if not treated. Such a large population suffering from neurological disorder increases the demand for pain patches market in this region.
- Europe: Europe has a large number of healthcare companies providing diagnostic and treatment products for pain management to drive pain patch market growth in this region.
- Asia-Pacific: The fastest-growing regional market for pain patch, Asia-Pacific, has a huge population suffering from back pain, neck pain, and sedentary lifestyle. Also, increasing accidental cases in this region are likely to drive the growth of the pain patch market.
- Middle East & Africa: The developing healthcare infrastructure and growing treatment options for pain management boost the pain patch market growth in this region.
Pain Patch Market Key Players
- LTS Lohmann Therapie-Systeme AG (Germany)
- Mylan N.V.(US)
- Pfizer, Inc. (US)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Company (Allergan Plc (Actavis)) (Israel)
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc (Israel)
- Hisamitsu America, Inc. (America)
- Johnson & Johnson (US)
- Teikoku Seiyaku Co., Ltd (Japan)
- Sanofi (France)
- NICHIBAN Co (Japan)
- The Mentholatum Company (US)
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Type, Mode of Administration, Therapeutic Use and End Users
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
LTS Lohmann Therapie-Systeme AG (Germany), (US), Mylan N.V.(US), Pfizer, Inc. (US), Teva Pharmaceutical Company (Allergan Plc (Actavis)) (Israel), Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc (Israel), Hisamitsu America, Inc. (America), Johnson & Johnson (US), Teikoku Seiyaku Co., Ltd (Japan), Sanofi (France), NICHIBAN Co (Japan), The Mentholatum Company (US)
Key Market Opportunities
· Launch of new products
· Technology by companies
Key Market Drivers
· Increasing demand for easy to use, painless, and convenient mode of pain management
· Increasing prevalence of neurological disorders such as alzheimer's, parkinson’s disease (pd), and others
· Increasing adoption of opioids for pain management related to trauma and injury in severe and in cases of post-surgical pain
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The global pain patch market is expected to rise to USD 23.41 Billion by 2032.
Global pain patch market is expected to exhibit a strong 4.8% CAGR over the forecast period from 2023 to 2032.
The growing demand for effective pain management techniques is the major driver for the pain patch market.
The Americas hold the largest share in the global pain patch market.
Leading players in the pain patch market include Pfizer, Mylan NV, and Sanofi, among others.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.
Leading companies partner with us for data-driven Insights.
Kindly complete the form below to receive a free sample of this Report