The non-clinical information system is playing a pivotal role in the healthcare industries across the globe. Advancing innovative technologies has proved as a significant growth factor in the healthcare IT sector. Non-clinical information systems are majorly used in physician’s clinics, laboratories, and hospitals for administrative functions, which can spur the expansion of the market by 2030. The global Non-Clinical information system market is expected to reach a high CAGR by 2030.
For research purposes, the non-clinical information market can be segmented into components, applications, and deployment. The component market can be segmented into software, service, and Hardware. The component market has high popularity across several medical organizations. The deployment segment is divided into cloud-based, web-based, and on-premises. The high reliability offered by the cloud is the core reason for the increased number of non-clinical information systems deployed on the cloud. This can favor the market across the review period. The application segment can be further divided into Clinics, hospitals, ambulatory care solutions, laboratories, and others. The high rate of adoption of the non-clinical information system by hospitals, clinics, and laboratories can support the expansion of the market.
The covid-19 pandemic has had an immense impact on the lifestyle across the globe. The impact of the coronavirus pandemic and the lockdown that followed is conspicuous in the financial markets. Every business has the battle to fight on both fronts – health and economic and will have to go through this time of forced recession. The global economic downtown has run down by 3 trillion dollars, but there are speculations that the Non-Clinical Information System Market report will be stable and recovering by the first quarter of the next financial year.
The only way out of this loophole of a pandemic is to strategize through the disruption. The traditional plan of strategizing is to evaluate strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, and then use this information to determine the steps to be taken further. To tackle the challenges posed by Covid-19, a different approach is required for strategy and planning. It needs to understand that only 4 key areas are essential for survival and recovery – Practice, Staff, Patients, and finance.
The main drivers of the non-clinical information system market are Data Analytics, Collaborative care, Cost Control, and Population health management.
The healthcare industry produces data continuously. The non-clinical information system helps to gather, compile, and analyze data to help manage health and decrease healthcare costs. Analyzing the healthcare data can ameliorate patient health.
Collaborative care allows healthcare facilities to access common health records. It is useful as many times people need treatment from different healthcare providers.
Using a digital network to exchange data results in higher efficiencies and cost savings, especially in the case of regional markets.
The data can also be used to aggregate patient data, analyze it, and identify trends in populations. The technology can also operate in reverse. Clinical decision support systems can make use of the big data to help in diagnosing individual patients and treating them.
Non-clinical information systems have been critically acclaimed for their ability to increase legibility, reduce medical errors, and boost the quality of healthcare.
Cost Savings: Non-clinical information systems market reports have shown that it can be expected to save money in the long run and produce organizational profitability via cost-effectiveness, efficiencies, and safety in medical deliveries. It will also help in record keeping while making sure that the privacy regulation standards are met, and will help in improving workflows, billing, and practice management.
Reduction in medical errors: The Institute of Medicine has reported that up to 98,000 people die in U.S. hospitals every year because of preventable medical errors alone. In its list of solutions for this problem, the IOM unequivocally mentions that non-clinical information systems such as e-prescription can act as a key solution element.
Overall Quality: The non-clinical information systems will provide more complete, accurate, and structured clinical data documentation. It will also provide – automatic sorting and summarizing of data, direct access to instant updates for records as well as remote access to patient records, increased support to decisions from structured data, disease management modules, and predictive modeling.
Lack of privacy, lack of complete knowledge, lack of skilled people
The technical restraints arise from the lack of standardization of technology and the absence of a well-developed non-clinical information system exchange that will permit organizations to freely share their data. The ability to have an interoperable information exchange also raises questions of privacy and security of electronically transmitted data.
Lack of complete knowledge about the utilization of the systems in a defined way is impeding the market demand. Also, the people in rural areas are unaware or less aware of the advanced technologies, which limits the growth rate of the non-clinical information system market size.
The adoption of IT in healthcare has been slow and lagging that of major industries by over 10-15 years. This is exacerbated by the failure in the implementation of non-clinical information systems as well as resistance to the use of technology by professionals. The biggest challenge is contingent on the gap between the design conceptions of non-clinical information systems and the current realities.
Another major challenge is the complex regulatory structure in approving the new applications by the government remains a challenging point for the non-clinical information system market.
- Cumulative Growth Analysis:
The global non-clinical information system market forecast the market size to hike at a CAGR from 14.2% in 2020 to 2025 and was worth 106.4 billion in 2019. The non-clinical information system has changed the evaluation and monitoring methods of patients. In the research activities, the systems contribute towards planning, predictive analysis, enhancing communications, and supporting systems and warning systems which will help them to develop an effective product.
Information systems data breaches have become a crucial issue in all industries but can prove to be devastating in the healthcare industry. Thus, nearly all states have developed their laws to combat breaches of data. The Laws vary amongst states regarding the definition of personal information, the number of fines for the organizations found to be non-compliant with the data breaches, and how the data breaches are noticed.
By end-users, the non-clinical information system market is segments on Hospitals, diagnostic centers, academic and research institutes, government organizations, payers, and investors.
Based on the end-user, the non-clinical information system market share is expected to hold the largest value. The rising occurrence of several chronic diseases and growth in older adults is causing a spur in the market demand globally.
The diagnostic center’s segments also contribute to the market growth. The segment growth is linked to the rise in demand for the technologies to feed and store the data in bulks. The non-clinical information systems have provided flexibility in billing and tracking patient records.
The research and academic institutes category are also likely to have substantial growth in the non-clinical information systems market globally.
Hospital information systems, pharmacy information systems, revenue cycle management, medical imaging information systems, laboratory information systems.
The hospital information systems segment is likely to hold the highest value in non-clinical information systems market share. This is due to its colossal data storage and protection from hackings and thefts. Hospitals have data collected from staff and patients. Hence, patient data is a major concern that also needs to be protected.
The pharmacy information systems are expected to have the second-largest value in non-clinical information systems market share. The advancement in the adoption of technological solutions ensuring that pharmacists manage their medication workflow to develop effective and efficient services which impel market growth.
The medical imaging information systems have the quickest growth with the highest CAGR rate during the analysis period. Increasing expenditure is propelling the market demand.
Hardware, Software and System services The non-clinical information systems market trends report that the software segment is predicted to occupy the highest share in the market. Software update and software functioning are the major factors in this market, as they are necessary to maintain servers.
The system services segment stands at the second leading position in the non-clinical information systems market globally. The rise in the number of clinics and hospitals allows the administrative employees to back up the bulk data to boost the market growth.
The software segment is predicted to be the quickest growing segment in the non-clinical information systems market. The factors such as amplifying acquisition of enhancements in technology web-based software and e-health platforms and the rising perforation of information technology in the medical field help its advancement.
In North America, the US has dominated the non-clinical information systems market. It is predicted that North America will lead to the global growth curve in the coming years. The presence of several well-established supportive government initiatives and hospitals which use advanced technologies can drive the US market. Massive investments in the IT and healthcare sector can push the growth of the market in North America.
Europe’s non-clinical information systems market growth is led by Germany. This can be attributed to the current research and development regarding non-clinical information systems. The non-clinical information market in Europe can score a decent position in the international market.
In the Asia Pacific, the rising number of healthcare providers and the high rate of effective adoption of information handling systems are the factors that can drive the regional non-clinical information systems market. The purchasing capacity can also boost the non-clinical information systems solutions market rise.
The key players in the global non-clinical information systems market are:
- Quest diagnostics
- Care cloud corporation
- McKesson corporation
- Cerner corporation
- General Electric company
- SSI group
Several enterprises are currently operating for the betterment of the non-clinical information systems market.
- In December 2022, the National Health Authority (NHA) introduces a beta version of an ABDM-compliant hospital management information system (HMIS) to digitalize healthcare, focusing on private clinics. Features include ABHA generation, facility management, digital services, and e-prescriptions. Healthcare providers are encouraged to use and provide feedback for a more robust system. NHA supports the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission's goal of enhancing India's digital health infrastructure.
- In October 2022, McKesson Corporation inaugurated a state-of-the-art pharmaceutical distribution center in Jeffersonville, Ohio. Strategically located between Cincinnati and Columbus, this new facility serves as a hub for distributing pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter (OTC) medications, home healthcare (HHC) products, and consumer packaged goods (CPG). Customers in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia will benefit from this central distribution point.
- In February 2022: Roche Diagnostics China collaborated with Sanomede Medical Technology Co., Ltd. to introduce the RS600 Lab Automation Software (LAS) specifically tailored for the Chinese market.
- In February 2022: Biosero, Inc., a subsidiary of BICO and a leading developer of laboratory automation solutions, unveiled multiple innovative products and features within their Green Button Go software suite. This comprehensive offering enhances customers' ability to optimize, manage, and achieve superior outcomes from their automated laboratory systems.
- In January 2022: NovoPath LLC launched NovoPath 360, a cutting-edge Laboratory Information System (LIS) platform. It offers automation, seamless interoperability, and customized reporting, enhancing diagnostic labs' efficiency. The SaaS-based system streamlines processes, ensures rapid diagnoses, and provides connectivity with over 150 existing EMRs. NovoPath 360's intuitive interface and advanced features optimize lab operations, allowing easy scalability and reducing costs for labs.
- Provided an in-depth analysis of the market structure with the forecast of the several segments and sub-segments on the non-clinical information systems market.
- provided insights into factors affecting the market growth.
- provided a country-level analysis of the market concerning the current scenario and the future prospective.
- Segment analysis by application, by components, and by deployment
- Track and analyze competitive developments.
2030: USD 56.20 Billion
2020-2030: 8.71% CAGR
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Applications, Components, Deployment
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Quest Diagnostics, CareCloud Corporation, McKesson Corporation, Kareo, Cerner Corporation, Athenahealth, eClinicalWorks, General Electric Company, SSI Group, Inc., Allscripts
Key Market Opportunities
New product launches and R&D Amongst major key Players
Key Market Drivers
Emerging innovative technologies Huge investment from healthcare IT industries
Non Clinical Information System Market Highlights:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Huge demand in several applications and rising need to maintain electronic health records (EHR) to meet a multitude of challenges associated with healthcare reforms, are are major tailwinds pushing the growth of the global non clinical information system market.
Stringent regulations pertaining to import and export process are major growth impeders for the global non clinical information system market.
North America holds the largest share in the global non clinical information system market, followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific region, respectively.
CareCloud Corporation (U.S.), Quest Diagnostics Inc. (U.S.), McKesson Corporation (U.S.), Cerner Corporation (U.S.), Kareo (U.S.), Athena health, Inc. (U.S.), General Electric (U.S.), eClinicalWorks LLC (U.S.), SSI Group, Inc. (U.S.), and Allscripts (U.S.), are some of the top players operating in the global non clinical information system market.
Strategic initiatives such as mergers & acquisitions, collaborations, expansion, and technology/ product launch are some of the growth strategies that players operating in the global Non clinical information system market adopt to gain a larger competitive advantage.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.