Global Medical Nitrile Gloves Market is expected to hold a value of USD 2819 Million by 2027 and is expected to register a growth of 8.1% from 2020 to 2027.
Medical nitrile gloves are primarily used across the health care and food industry, as a protection tool to avoid cross-infection between caregivers and patients. These benefits include excellent strength, durability, and barrier protection against bloodborne pathogens. Latex-free dependability of medical Nitrile Gloves makes it a preference of choice for medical professionals to treat allergic cases. Factors such as Ban on powdered gloves by the FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration), medical Nitrile Gloves higher chemical and puncture resistance than latex gloves which are also positively impacting their demand in different industries.
The outbreak of COVID 19 disease increased the demand for medical gloves including nitrile medical gloves.
- Rising incidences of acute and chronic diseases
- Increasing concerns about safety and sanitation
- Latex gloves are made of rubber which can cause the infection to healthcare workers. Medical Nitrile Gloves are being used over latex gloves as they are less infectious. According to seeking alpha article Malaysia-based Hartalega (OTCPK:OTCPK:HRGHY), the world’s second-biggest glove manufacturer with a production capacity of 31.7 billion pieces per annum (as at September), is also the world’s biggest nitrile glove manufacturer deriving 95% of its sales from medical Nitrile Gloves according to its latest annual report.
- Stringent regulations about the usage of personal protective equipment
- the high cost of medical Nitrile Gloves
- cost burden on manufacturers
- hygienic products in rural areas
Powdered gloves account for the larger share in Nitrile medical gloves market due to a more affordable and good grip than non-powdered gloves.
- Powdered gloves: the powder is generally made from cornstarch, and serves multiple purposes which includes easy donning, improving grip and reducing sweat and moisture inside of the gloves. Chlorination processing requires more extensive washing during manufacturing and consequently tends to produce a glove with appreciably fewer free latex proteins and other residual chemicals This process significantly reduces allergic reactions.
- Non-powdered gloves: Powder-free gloves undergo a process known as chlorination that helps make latex gloves less form-fitting so that powder is not needed for easy donning and removal. Powder-free gloves are also more expensive than powdered gloves due to the extra effort involved in the chlorination process. A recent ban on the use of powdered gloves in healthcare facilities by the FDA further reduces the demand for powdered medical Nitrile Gloves, thereby positively impacting the growth of the powder-free medical Nitrile Gloves market.
- Disposable: In 2019, disposable held the largest share in the nitrile market. This is mainly owing to the growing demand for disposable gloves in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology industry, healthcare, and medical facilities among others, and helps to protect germs and infection from spreading to other persons.
- Reusable: reusable gloves are those gloves that can be reused. This accounts for the least share in the market because it has a high risk of infection.
- Medical & Healthcare: medical Nitrile Gloves are used as a protection tool to avoid cross-infection between patients and healthcare providers. The demand for medical Nitrile Gloves has increased tremendously in this sector due to COVID 19 pandemic. Previously, they were only used during the surgical condition but now patients as well doctors are using to avoid the infection.
- Food Industry: Nitrile is considered the material of choice for handling foods in a safe, contaminate-free, and additive-free manner. FDA and HACCP certified nitrile is used for its cleanliness and strength in food processing machinery, similarly, it is the safest and strongest material for food handling gloves.
- Cleaning Industry: For basic cleaning tasks, a pair of disposable latex, nitrile, or vinyl gloves are suitable protection. However, medical Nitrile Gloves are strongly recommended for cleaning tasks that take place in healthcare industry environments because nitrile has high levels of chemical and puncture resistance, medical Nitrile Gloves protect from cleaning chemicals, and contaminants. Generally, disposable medical Nitrile Gloves are used in this segment.
By Distribution Channel
- Direct Selling: the hospitals and clinics generally prefer direct purchasing of medical Nitrile Gloves from the manufacturer as they need the quantity in bulk. In terms of volume, the wholesaling & direct selling segment holds the highest share in 2018 and is anticipated to continue this trend in upcoming years.
- Medical Store: this segment if fastest-growing in the distribution channel as the increase in COVID 19 cases increases the demand for medical Nitrile Gloves from medical stores.
- Hospitals & Clinics: Medical Nitrile Gloves are widely used in hospitals and clinics. In 2017 & 2018 hospitals were the major contributor in the medical Nitrile Gloves market. Currently, COVID 19 increased the demand for gloves in this segment.
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers: ambulatory surgery centers are modern health care facilities focused on providing same-day surgical care, including diagnostic and preventive procedures. Medical Nitrile Gloves are used for the surgeries and they are more protective from vinyl gloves
- Diagnostic Centers: diagnostic centers type of clinic where all the test sand examinations related to diseases are being diagnosed. This segment registered low demand as compared to other users.
- Rehabilitation Centers: rehabilitation centers are clinics where people with alcohol or drug addiction are treated. This segment is the least contributor in the medical Nitrile Gloves market.
- Americas: Geographically, U.S. dominates the global medical Nitrile Gloves market owing to the ban on powdered medical gloves and a high number of cases regarding latex allergies in the country. Ban on powdered gloves by the FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) in 2019, North America dominated the nitrile medical gloves market owing to increasing concern related to diseases, technological advancement, and rising demand for disposable gloves.
- Europe: Europe is anticipated to hold the second-largest share in the disposable market to high consumption of medical disposable gloves in countries such as Germany, France, Italy, Spain, etc.
- Asia-Pacific: However, the Asia-Pacific region is forecast to be the fastest-growing. This is mainly owing to growth in the healthcare sector especially in China, India, and South Korea. Also, growth in awareness of safety and hygiene amongst healthcare providers and patients are contributing to the dynamic growth in nitrile medical gloves market.
- Middle East and Africa: The Middle East disposable gloves market is analyzed across Saudi Arabia, UAE, and the Rest of the Middle East. Saudi Arabia dominated the market in 2017, accounting for the highest share, and is anticipated to maintain this trend throughout the forecast period. This is attributed to the well-established healthcare infrastructure and the increase in the adoption of disposable gloves across healthcare settings for preventing healthcare as well as food industry associated infections. Furthermore, the market in Saudi Arabia is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, attributable to increase in investments in the healthcare sector, high prevalence of chronic diseases, and rise in mortality rate, mainly due to adoption of the western lifestyle and changes in the dietary habits of people.
- 3M (US)
- Dynarex Corporation (US)
- Ansell Healthcare (Australia)
- SHIELD Scientific (Netherlands)
- Mercator Medical S.A. (Poland)
- Hartalega Holdings Berhad (Malaysia)
- Supermax Healthcare Limited (UK)
- Top Glove Corporation Bhd (Malaysia)
- Medline Industries, Inc. (US)
- McKesson Corporation (US)
- Honeywell International Inc. (US).
- Atrium Medical Care (Qatar)
- Kimberly Clerk (US)
- Kossan Rubber Industries Ltd. (Malaysia)
2027: USD 2819 Million
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Type, Usage, Application, Distribution Channel, End User
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
3M (US), Dynarex Corporation (US), Ansell Healthcare (Australia), SHIELD Scientific (Netherlands), Mercator Medical S.A. (Poland), Hartalega Holdings Berhad (Malaysia), Supermax Healthcare Limited (UK), Top Glove Corporation Bhd (Malaysia), Medline Industries, Inc. (US), McKesson Corporation (US), Honeywell International Inc. (US), Atrium Medical Care (Qatar), Kimberly Clerk (US), Kossan Rubber Industries Ltd. (Malaysia)
Key Market Opportunities
Rising incidences of acute and chronic diseases. Increasing concerns about safety and sanitation
Key Market Drivers
The outbreak of COVID 19 disease increased the demand for medical gloves including nitrile medical gloves. Stringent regulations about the usage of personal protective equipment
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Global Medical Nitrile Gloves Market is expected to record a substantial market valuation of USD 2.81 billion by 2027.
Global Medical Nitrile Gloves Market is projected to register a moderate 8.1% CAGR in the forecast period.
The medical and healthcare segment is expected to observe substantial demand over the review period.
The hospital and clinics segment is slated to expand as the fastest-growing segment.
A few eminent market players operating in the global medical nitrile gloves market are 3M (US), Dynarex Corporation (US), Ansell Healthcare (Australia) among others.
This table of content is tentative and subject to change as the research progresses.
Please Note: Financial details of company cannot be provided if the information of the company is not available in public domain and or reliable source.