Global Medical Gloves Market size was estimated at USD 8,638.19 Million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD17, 399.81 Million by the end of 2027. It is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 8.73% from 2020 to 2027.
Medical gloves are used during a medical examination or carrying out various medical procedures. These are disposable gloves that prevent cross-contamination among doctors, nurses & other caregivers, and patients. These are usually made of synthetic polymers or rubbery materials such as latex, vinyl, neoprene or nitrile. Gloves are one of the personal protective equipment that creates a barrier between germs and hands. The increased concern for safety, hygiene and product quality along with development in technology and innovative studies, and rise in frequency of chronic and acute diseases, are some of the major factors strengthening the market growth. For some basic protection against corrosives and surface contamination, along with the transmission of infectious diseases, the demand for medical gloves will increase in the coming years.
Rising cases of COVID-19, are expected to create huge demand for personal protective equipment, including medical gloves.
- Increasing demand for personal protective equipment, including medical gloves, due to the outbreak of COVID 19.
- Rise of infectious diseases leads doctors, nurses, and other health workers for proper care leading to high demand for medical gloves. These serve as protective barriers- majorly used for safety and hygiene, to avoid the spread of contagious diseases, hence driving the market growth.
- Government initiatives in developing countries about infection prevention and safety in medical practices.
- Rapid growth in the number of various surgeries, leading to a rise in demand for medical gloves in the market.
- Increasing old age population and incidents of chronic health issues, leading to a high demand for emergency medical services.
- Health risk of reusable gloves among healthcare workers.
- Less production capacity and toxic reaction to certain gloves are expected to obstruct the market growth.
- Supply of defective gloves by manufacturers that may not be visible to the user while using the gloves.
By Product Type
- Examination: These are used in hospitals and carrying centers to support non-invasive physical exam, helping prevent cross-contamination between caregivers and patients. They are great for use in unsanitary situations and can be disposed of after every use. This is the fastest-growing segment.
- Surgical: These are required during surgical procedures to prevent the possible transmission of diseases between surgeons and patients. Surgical gloves are sterile to protect against infection with high quality to meet infection prevention requirements. This is the largest market segment.
- Chemotherapy: These are manufactured for the safe handling of highly toxic chemotherapeutic drugs. They are thicker, allowing more resistance to the permeation of chemo drugs than conventional surgeons or patient examination gloves.
- Disposable: These gloves are disposable and designed for single use. Disposable gloves are thinner, allowing for greater sensitivity. These can protect against mild irritants and chemicals. This segment is the largest and fastest-growing segment in the market.
- Reusable: These gloves are designed to provide maximum durability and strength. Reusable gloves are thicker and tend to sacrifice sensitivity for durability. These are designed for more extended and prolonged uses.
- Powdered: Powdered gloves are biodegradable and useful in high-risk situations. This segment is the largest segment.
- Non-powdered: These gloves are non-sterile, highly flexible, offer tactility, tear, and chemical resistance. This is the fastest-growing segment.
By Raw Material
- Latex- Latex is natural rubber and has very high elasticity, high durability, and very good dry and wet grip.
- Nitrile rubber: Nitrile is synthetic rubber latex, derived from Acrylonitrile Butadiene Copolymer (NBR). These are durable which gives good grip in dry, wet and oily environments. Nitrile gloves are expected to be the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period. This is one the largest segments in the market.
- Vinyl rubber: This material is made up of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), including a number of plasticizers to confer specific properties. It protects well against organic solvents.
- These gloves are made up of synthetic polyisoprene. This is the most expensive material. These are available with polymer inner coating so donning gloves is easier even when hands are damp or dry.
- Neoprene: This is a synthetic rubber material with good heat isolation properties. These gloves offer waterproof protection against a variety of liquids and chemicals.
- Polyethylene: Polyethylene glove is one of the most used gloves. This material is rigid and transparent, with low thickness and used for light-duty tasks that require frequent glove changes. This is the fastest-growing segment.
- Hospitals and Clinics: These consist of the number of disposable gloves that are required for stopping contamination including latex gloves, nitrile gloves, and vinyl gloves. This segment is the fastest and largest growing segment.
- Ambulatory surgery centers: Ambulatory surgery centers have facilities and resources designed specifically to deliver quick and safe same-day procedures. For this, the necessities such as gloves, gowns, face masks, goggles, etc., are must in such settings.
- Diagnostic centers: These centers include clinical lab and imaging equipment. Diagnostic centers or medical laboratory is a laboratory where tests are done to detect various infectious diseases. To avoid the transmission of contagious diseases, medical gloves are being used.
- Rehabilitation centers: Rehabilitation centers use gloves to avoid contact with body fluids and mucous membranes of patients during the treatment.
- America: The Americas is said to be the largest market for medical gloves. With an increase in COVID 19 cases, to go beyond 13,000 and are projected to increase, the use of medical gloves to avoid cross-contamination and reduce infection plays a major role.
- Europe: The medical gloves market in Europe holds the second-largest position in the market. The increase in medical, execution of stringent regulation towards control of crosses- contamination in hospitals, and enhanced supply will drive huge growth in the market during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific is known to be the fastest-growing market in the medical gloves sector. The development of healthcare industries is uplifting growth. The demand is expected to rise with an increase in the use of surgical practices.
- Middle East Africa: Increased safety concerns and hygiene issues amid global pandemics, changing safety protocols in healthcare centers and increased usage of biosafety gear is pushing the market growth in Middle East and Africa.
- Supermax Corporation Berhad
- Glove Corporation Berhad
- Rubberex Corp. M Bhd
- BraunMelsungen AG
- Semperit AG Holding
- Mckesson Corporation
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Dynarex Corporation
- Ansell Limited
- Cypress Medical Products LLC
- Microflex Corporation
2019: USD 8,638.19 Million 2027: USD 17, 399.81 Million
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Product Type, Usage, Form, Raw Material and End-User
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Supermax Corporation Berhad, Glove Corporation Berhad, Rubberex Corp. M Bhd, BraunMelsungen AG, Semperit AG Holding, Mckesson Corporation, Cardinal Health, Inc., Medline Industries, Inc., Dynarex Corporation, Ansell Limited, Cypress Medical Products LLC, Microflex Corporation
Key Market Opportunities
Rising Cases of COVID-19, are expected to create Huge Demand for Personal Protective Equipment, including Medical Gloves.
Key Market Drivers
Rise of Infectious Diseases Leads Doctors, Nurses, and Other Health Workers for Proper Care Leading to High Demand for Medical Gloves. Government initiatives in Developing Countries about Infection Prevention and Safety in Medical Practices. Rapid Growth in the number of various Surgeries, leading to a rise in demand for Medical Gloves in the Market. Increasing old age population and incidents of chronic health issues, leading to a high demand for emergency medical services.\r\n
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Global Medical Gloves Market is expected to record a substantial market valuation of USD 17.4 billion by 2027.
Global Medical Gloves Market is projected to register a moderate 8.73% CAGR in the forecast period.
The polyethene segment is expected to observe substantial demand over the review period.
The hospital and clinics segment is slated to expand as the fastest-growing segment.
A few emminent market players operating in the global medical gloves market are Weatherford (US), Schlumberger Limited (US), Halliburton (US), among others.
This table of content is tentative and subject to change as the research progresses.
Please Note: Financial details of company cannot be provided if the information of the company is not available in public domain and or reliable source.