Invisible Orthodontics Market held a value of USD 2598.8 Million in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 13.99% during the assessment period of 2019 to 2025.
With the evolving technological advancements in the dental field, the area of invisible orthodontics has gained extensive popularity. Bracket-less aligners, clear retainers, and invisible braces some of the examples of cutting-edge technologies which have been launched in recent years. The high incidence rate of dental diseases in the developing countries and the rising inclination towards the correction of teeth deformities are likely to fuel the growth of the invisible orthodontics market across the globe. For instance, in Brazil, approximately 1.4 million new orthodontic cases are reported every year. Therefore, the key players involved in the invisible orthodontics market are vigorously focusing on product approvals to expand their customer base and brace their position in the market.
Moreover, the field of dentistry is evolving day by day. Public, as well as private organizations, are focusing on catering to the changing needs of the customers in terms of providing demos, conducting campaigns and dental check-ups. Thus, the employment of such strategies will promise the growth of the invisible orthodontics substantially.
Increasing support by regulatory authorities to the private and public companies, in terms of investment and product approvals, acts as a significant factor that contributes substantially to the growth of the invisible orthodontics market in the longer run.
- The increasing prevalence of dental diseases pushes the need for newer treatment options, indirectly fueling the growth of the invisible orthodontics market globally. For instance, 90% of Australians are experiencing tooth decay. Such a high occurrence rate pushes the patients to choose newer techniques and prevention methods, thus fueling the growth of the invisible orthodontics market.
- Several established players, such as Align Technology, Inc., and Dentsply Sirona are actively involved in getting approvals from regulatory authorities for their products in the invisible orthodontics market. For instance, in March 2017, Align Technology, Inc. launched the Invisalign Teen with mandibular advancement, the first clear aligner solution for Class II correction in growing tween and teen patients. This elucidates the impression that such new approvals are sure to drive the growth of the invisible orthodontics market in the near future.
- Partnerships and collaborations between key players and local players
- Increasing technological improvements in the orthodontics industry
- High investment in research and development for the development of efficient products
- Growing awareness created by dental professionals and key players about the benefits of clear aligners among the patients
- Limitations of invisible orthodontic products. Products such as clear aligners require long treatment time, which is why some of the patients do not prefer these products. In addition, poor compliance of patients with the dentists’ instructions leads to other complications of using these aligners. This results in a decreased target audience which would be utilizing such products, indirectly curbing the growth of the market.
- Grey market for dental distribution, in terms of illegal selling of products of low quality at a cheaper price
By Product Type
- Clear Aligners: The clear aligners segment is further segmented into hard, medium, and soft. The hard aligners sub-segment held a market value of an approximate of USD 1,394 million in 2018. The clear aligners segment held the largest share in 2018 due to a number of product launches by key companies such as Align Technology, Inc., Danaher, and others.
- Braces: This segment has been further divided into ceramic braces and lingual braces. The braces segment is expected to be the fastest-growing during the forecast period owing to the increased awareness about the benefits created by key companies by conducting campaigns and dental check-ups.
- Clear Retainers: A clear retainer is molded perfectly to fit the new position of the teeth.
By Age Group
- Below 15: Various companies are getting approvals of their products for adolescents. In March 2017, Align Technology, Inc. launched the Invisalign Teen clear aligner for teenagers. Such increasing initiatives by prominent players for the below 15 age group fuels the growth of this segment.
- 16-35: People in this age group are highly affected by dental disorders, including bite issues, due to change in lifestyle in recent years. This huge patient pool acts as a perfect target audience for prominent players to develop their products. Thus, the16-35 segment is likely to be the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period.
- Above 35: The increasing middle-aged and geriatric pool of population suffering from dental caries, weakening of gums, abnormal eruptions in the teeth, among others, are the key factors for the growth of the above 35 segment. The benefits of clear braces are becoming palpable as a growing number of adult patients are now pursuing dental care.
- Excessive Spacing: Spacing may prevent the teeth from functioning properly and may also result in gum problems due to the lack of protection provided by the teeth. Therefore, companies are coming up with products for corrective measures and conducting workshops and campaigns to create awareness. Thus, this segment held a majority share in 2018.
- Crowding: Crowding can either be the result of several other orthodontic problems, such as impacted teeth, and teeth that do not fall out naturally, among others.
- Malocclusion: The market, based on malocclusion, has been segmented into open bite, deep bite, and crossbite. The malocclusion segment is expected to be the fastest-growing segment during the assessment period owing to the increasing number of patients suffering from crossbites and open bites. Moreover, companies such as Align Technology, Inc. has a portfolio of products which are primarily used for the treatment of malocclusion. Thus, such factors are fueling the growth of this segment.
- Abnormal Eruptions: Abnormal eruption occurs when a tooth emerges through the gum in the wrong place.
- Others: Other applications of invisible orthodontic products are for correcting overjets, underbites, and others.
- Americas: Americas was the largest regional market in 2018, owing to the continuous activities such as acquisitions, and partnerships employed by prominent players in the major countries in America. For instance, in March 2018, Dentsply Sirona (US) announced the acquisition of OraMetrix (US), a leading industry provider of innovative 3D technology solutions in the field of orthodontics. With this, the company aims to strengthen its position in the American invisible orthodontics market.
- Europe: The European region holds the second largest share as there is increasing support from regulatory authorities, as well as ample of distributors in the European countries. For instance, in December 2017, Institut Straumann AG (Switzerland) acquired Same Day Solutions (SDS), a dental distribution company in Portugal. This acquisition provided Straumann access to SDS’ customers, which added the sales power and has been helping in supporting the company’s operations in Portugal.
- Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to be the fastest-growing region in the global invisible orthodontics market. Direct marketing initiatives by the manufacturers to consumers are playing a substantial role in increasing the target audience and thus increasing the market size in this region. Also, strategic joint ventures by key players are contributing to the growth of the market. For instance, in January 2019, Institut Straumann AG, a company based in Switzerland, entered into a strategic partnership with a Chinese company, Tianjin ZhengLi Technology Company Limited. With this, Institut Straumann AG obtained exclusive distribution rights in China for its clear aligners, and the company aims to leverage its strong marketing and distribution capabilities to penetrate the highly attractive Chinese market. Thus, such strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the Asia-Pacific invisible orthodontics market.
- Middle East & Africa: The smallest market due to limited healthcare infrastructure. But, in the last few years, top companies operating in the invisible orthodontics market are involved in acquiring different local distributors in the Arabian region to gain foothold in the local markets.
- 3M (US)
- Align Technology, Inc. (US)
- Clarus Company (US)
- ClearPath Healthcare Services (US)
- Danaher Corporation (US)
- Dentsply Sirona (US)
- DynaFlex (US)
- Henry Schein, Inc. (US)
- Institut Straumann AG (Switzerland)
- Ormco (US)
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Trends
By Product Type, Age Group, Application, Region
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
3M (US), Align Technology, Inc. (US), Clarus Company (US), ClearPath Healthcare Services (US), Danaher Corporation (US), Dentsply Sirona (US), DynaFlex (US), Henry Schein, Inc. (US), Institut Straumann AG (Switzerland), Ormco (US)
Key Market Opportunities
Technological advancements in the dental fieldHigh incidence rate of dental diseases in the developing countriesVigorously focusing on product approvals
Key Market Drivers
Partnerships and collaborations between key players and local playersIncreasing technological improvements in the orthodontics industryHigh investment in research and development for efficient productsGrowing awareness created by dental professionals and key players about the benefits of clear aligners among the patients
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Invisible Orthodontics Market is projected to grow at approximately 13.99% CAGR during the assessment period (2019-2025).
Invisible Orthodontics Market had valued at around USD 2598.8 MN in 2018.
Rising market demand led by the growing popularity and increasing usages of orthodontics, are major tailwinds pushing the growth of the Global Invisible Orthodontics Market.
North America holds the largest share in the Global Invisible Orthodontics Market, followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific, respectively.
Align Technology, Inc. (US), Ormco (US), 3M (US), Clarus Company (US), Danaher Corporation (US), Institut Straumann AG (Switzerland), ClearPath Healthcare Services (US), Dentsply Sirona (US), DynaFlex (US), and Henry Schein, Inc. (US), are some of the top players operating in the global invisible orthodontics market.
This table of content is tentative and subject to change as the research progresses.
Please Note: Financial details of company cannot be provided if the information of the company is not available in public domain and or reliable source.