According to MRFR analysis, Global Cooling Fabrics Market is expected to reach around USD 2 Billion in 2019.
Cooling fabrics are the functional fabrics that maintain comfortable body temperature during hot weather and physical performance. The technologies used are air-cooled, liquid-cooled, phase change cooling, and evaporative cooling. They are majorly used in applications that include sports apparel, protective wearing, healthcare apparel, and leisure-related activities.
The key factor driving the growth of the cooling fabrics market is the growing demand for protective wear and sportswear. With the rise in disposable income, growing awareness among consumers about functional fabrics and their benefits, and an increase in R&D investments for innovation in cooling fabrics further propel the growth of the global market. However, the high cost associated with cooling fabrics is likely to hamper the growth of the market.
Furthermore, with the ongoing crisis of COVID-19, the global cooling fabrics market has witnessed a decline in demand during the first half of 2020. With the increasing number of cases and deaths worldwide, the government of various countries has taken preventive measures that include the lockdown of many factories lowering the production output of cooling fabrics. However, the demand is expected to stabilize with the ease of lockdown.
The advanced technology and high manufacturing cost required for manufacturing cooling fabrics leads to high cost of end-products. High prices are also associated with extensive R&D along with the use of high-end materials that include nanomaterials and nanoporous polyethylene.
Rising R&D investments in cooling fabrics
- Increase in demand for sportswear and protective wear
- Increased focus on R&D of cooling fabrics
- Rising per capita expenditure and disposable income
- High cost of end-use products
- Natural: The segment is expected to witness the fastest growth in the forecast period owing to the growing demand for natural, breathable, and biodegradable fabrics. The natural fabric comprises cotton, silk, etc.
- Synthetic: This segment holds the largest share in the global cooling fabrics market. This is due to the outstanding properties offered by synthetic cooling fabric, such as high strength, endurance, smooth texture, and high elasticity. The synthetic fabric comprises nylon, polyester, and spandex.
By Textile Type
- Woven: The segment is expected to witness moderate growth in the forecast period owing to the high dimensional stability and air permeability. It is majorly used in protective wearing and lining fabric applications.
- Non-Woven: This segment witnessed significant growth in the global cooling fabrics market. This is due to its extensive properties such as aeration filtration, high production speed, and low cost.
- Knitted: This segment holds the largest share in the global cooling fabrics market. The growth is attributed to the high degree of elasticity, breathability, and fit. These fabrics are majorly used in sports apparel, which further boosts the growth of the segment. Furthermore, this is also the fastest-growing segment in the global market.
- Sports Apparel: The segment holds a major share of the global cooling fabrics market. This growth is attributed to the growing demand for self-cooling fabrics in sporting activities, and growth in demand for sports and activewear.
- Lifestyle: This segment witnessed moderate growth in the global cooling fabrics market. This is due to the rising disposable income and increasing awareness among consumers about the benefits of cooling fabrics.
- Protective wearing: This segment is expected to witness moderate growth in the global cooling fabrics market. The growth is attributed to the increase in R&D in the protective wearing application and growing demand for functional coating in industries.
- Others: The others segment includes marine, healthcare, and leisure activities related to apparel. This is the fastest-growing segment owing to an increased focus on developing new technologies and products for the healthcare sector.
- North America: The North American market for cooling fabrics is driven by the presence of advanced technologies and the presence of prominent end-users.
- Europe: The increasing demand for comfortable sports apparel, a rise in per capita expenditure on apparel, and changing consumers' preference for functional clothing are driving the market in the region.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing regional market on account of the large textile industry in the region. The growth potential is in emerging economies such as India, China, and Thailand.
- Middle East & Africa: The demand for cooling fabrics is rising due to the increasing focus on protective wearing and rising awareness among the end users.
- Latin America: The Latin American market is projected to witness notable demand for cooling fabrics due to the growing economies and extremely high temperatures in the region.
- Coolcore (US)
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö (Finland)
- NILIT Ltd (Israel)
- Polartec (US)
- Nan Ya Plastics Corporation (Taiwan)
- Tex-Ray Industrial Co., Ltd (Taiwan)
- Formosa Taffeta Co., Ltd (Taiwan)
- Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan)
- Hexarmor (US)
- Tehrani Industrial Group (Iran)
- Sun Dream Enterprise Co., Ltd (Taiwan)
- Hong Li Textile Co., Ltd (Taiwan)
- Everest Textile Co., Ltd (Taiwan)
- Nanotex LLC (US)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Cooling fabrics market 2020 is projected to surpass USD 2 billion recorded in 2019 over the forecast period.
The massive demand for protective wear and sportswear is the primary growth inducer of the market.
The natural segment is expected to observe substantial demand over the review period.
The sports apparel segment is expected to secure the highest CAGR.
A few eminent market players operating in the global cooling fabrics market are Coolcore (US), Ahlstrom-Munksjö (Finland), NILIT Ltd (Israel), Polartec (US), among others.