The global cellulite treatment market is expected to cross USD 3,162.1 million by 2027 at a CAGR of 11.2%.
Cellulite is the lumps and dimples in the skin majorly found in the thigh, rear end, belly, and buttock region. The body region has orange peel skin that is found majorly in women. Cellulite formation occurs due to the uneven distribution of fat, muscle and, connective tissue. It also occurs owing to poor nutrition, inflammation, static postures, dehydration, fast food consumption, alcohol intake, and genetics, among others. However, changing lifestyle, adoption of healthy habits, demand for fit and muscular physique is driving the cellulite treatment market. Corporate employees are focusing on their wellness and fitness to enhance their productivity. Also, the organizations are collaborating with clinics and hospitals to aid healthy assistance to their employees.
The government authorities are keenly observing the development of products related to human care. These authorities have offered guidelines for the procedures related to cellulite treatment. Along with the surgical treatments, the public authorities have permitted the usage of RF and infra light, RF and pulse electromagnetic fields, and radial pulse therapy for the non-invasive or minimal invasive cellulite treatment. Public authorities such as Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are approving different types of treatment for cellulite. For instance, In June 2020, the FDA approved the first injectable solution Qwo to treat moderate and severe cellulite for adult women.
The emergence of the Covid-19 pandemic has affected people across the globe and resulted in the shutdown of operational facilities worldwide. The healthcare industry faced unprecedented encounters during the lockdown phase. The manufacturing units were shut down, affecting the production of medical products such as lotions, devices, and other equipment. Also, the supply chain of the medical products was affected that led to the increase in warehouse inventory of the manufactured products. Moreover, dermatologists with personal clinics were facing tough times due to the closure of operational facilities. Likewise, 62% of healthcare practitioners in the US faced salary issues during the outbreak. Meanwhile, a lot of new dermatologists lost their job during the crisis.
During the outbreak of the global pandemic, people with less or moderate cellulite problems adopted home remedies for their treatment rather than consulting doctors. Self-care during the lockdown phase augmented the sale of cellulite lotions for topical treatment. However, in case of emergencies, the hospitals were active and easily accessible to the patients. The patients who were obese and needed immediate attention were allowed to take medical services in hospitals. Furthermore, according to the government guidelines, the patient who required ambulatory care was advised to consult tele-platforms to avoid overcrowding in hospitals and avoid transmission of the coronavirus. In addition, people arefacing cellulite deposition due to long working hours during work from home tenure and will need medical attention in the future. This will drive the cellulite treatment market and is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the post-lockdown period.
Increasing number of obese cases across the globe
- According to WHO, the population with obesity has tripled since 1975. In 2016, the organization recorded that more than 1.9 billion adults were obese, among which 39% of the 18-year-old population were overweight, and 13% were obese. Additionally, in 2019, the association recorded 38 million children with obesity were under the age of five. Moreover, the adult population with an overweight medical condition has a body mass index of greater than or equal to 25, while the adult population with obesity record BMI greater than or equal to 30
- The young population ranging between 18 to 25 isprone to cellulite deposition owing to the high intake of energy-dense food that is rich in fat and sugars. Likewise, the people the age group from 25 to 35 are keen on career improvement; therefore, there is a high trend of consuming unhealthy food and sitting for long working hours coupled with minimal physical activities,which deposits the fat and tissues in the lower region of the body. Such a lifestyle is driving the cellulite treatment for fat and tissue depositions and is expected to fuel the market demand in the forecast period
A growing number of female employees in the metro cities coupled with rising demand for fit physique among the young female population
- Urbanization has led to the shifting of people from rural areas to metro cities. The large influx of femalepopulation in the metro cities due to employment is driving the cellulite treatment market. Young employees are more fitness conscious and demand a better physique to avoid any medical issues. However, due to work pressure, they have to spend more time in the office, making them prone to cellulite deposition. With disturbed work-life balance, these women prefer to take cellulite treatment at the clinics, hospitals, and ambulatory care units
- Among the female population, intake of unhealthy food accelerates the production and accumulation of cellulite in the lower and upper regions of the body. Likewise, mid-aged women are burdened with responsibilities and hence don’t have self-care time. During the lockdown phase, women had to take up personal and professional responsibilities at the same time. This created more pressure on the working female employees and decreased physical and mental health. Henceforth, post lockdown, cosmetic doctors and plastic surgeons stated an increase in bookings of invasive and non-invasive treatments. Moreover, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American population spends more than USD 16.6 Bn on cosmetic treatments. Females contribute a major share for the surgery of different body parts. Such a rise in cosmetic investments across the region has propelled the cellulite treatment market
Rising investment in R&D activities for the production of advanced cellulite equipment
Concerns pertaining to bruising and swelling post-treatment coupled with temporary stability of the treatment
- The cellulite treatment is safe;however, a few side effects have been observed post-treatment. The patients have reported temporary mild bruising, redness, and swelling in the treatment area. The treatment procedure causes discomfort to the patients that can be treated with deep massage
- In women, the fat cells and connective tissue are arranged vertically, and the protrusion of fat cells into the layer of skin cause cellulite. The fat layer can be removed using the treatment. However, fat protrusion occurs regularly owing to various factors such as consumption of fat-rich foods, and genetics. The patient has to carry out cellulite treatment regularly to remove the fatty layer while maintaining the desired results
- Cellulite deposition occurs throughout the body and requires a specific procedure to treat the defined area. A few of the technologies used to treat cellulite in different areas include laser technology, liposuction, radiofrequency, acoustic wave technology, ultrasonic liposculpting, and cryo techniques. Among these technologies, Radiofrequency Assisted Lipolysis (RFAL) is one of the preferred technology to treat cellulite. The technology uses radiofrequency energy to melt fat and eliminate it. Moreover, one of the futuristic non-invasive techniques to treat cellulite includes cryo- technology. Cryo technology destroys fat cells by freezing them through the skin, eliminating the fat cells in the treated area. Such technologies are driving the cellulite treatment market and are estimated to grow rapidly in the forecast timeline.
By Treatment Procedure
By Cellulite Type
- Non-InvasiveIt includes treatment of cellulite without any injection or cuts. The customers highly prefer such type of procedure as it leaves no scars on the body. Non-invasive cellulite treatment dominates the segment and is expected to record the highest CAGR over the forecast timeline. The non-invasive treatment uses technologies such as radiofrequency, infrared, ultrasound, and shock waves for cellulite treatment
- Minimally-InvasiveThisprocedure offersminor punctures and stitches to perform the cellulite treatment. In minimally invasive procedures, laser technology is commonly used for cellulite treatment. A laser fiber is implanted beneath the skin in laser cellulite treatment, and the laser is fired that disrupts the tough bands, and further cellulite is treated.
- Topical treatment It is a type of treatment carried out by the application of creams, foams, lotions, gels, and ointments over specific body areas.
By End Use
- Hard CelluliteIt is situated in the outer regions of thighs, buttocks, inside the knees, and around the back. These types of cellulite are dense and hurting when touched. These are also called solid cellulite
- Soft celluliteThiskind of cellulite appears like bumpy or dimpled skin. Such cellulite has a cottage cheese or orange peel texture. The soft cellulite is located in the thighs and has a mild cellulite condition, and can be treated by laser and massage procedure. Soft cellulite holds the largest market share and is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period
- Edematous celluliteIt is cellulite with a pasty texture and hurts when touched. Such cellulite occurs in the legs due to poor blood circulation, loses its contour, and becomes more columnar.
Regional AnalysisNorth America
- HospitalsThe advancement in the hospital infrastructure across the globe is driving the cellulite treatment market. The investors are capitalizing on the cosmetics domain by establishing hospitals for dermatology treatments
- Ambulatory Surgical CentresThe demand for ambulatory surgical centers is increasing owing to the immediate requirement for the treatment of severe cellulite. These centers offer immediate treatment to the patient and discharge them the same day. Such procedures are effective and economical as it does not include the expenses of overnight or long stays
- Specialized Dermatology ClinicsThe growing demand for body contouring worldwide is augmenting the establishment of specialized dermatology clinics. The advancement in the treatment procedures at such clinics are luring a lot of patients for their cellulite treatment
- Increasing demand for sculpted body across the region is driving the North American Cellulite Treatment Market
- North Americaholds the largest cellulite treatment market share in 2020, owing to well-established research organizations for product development,the availability of innovative treatment products, consumption of unhealthy diet, and high demand for the sculpted body. The prominent players are involved in the expansion of their operational facilities across the region, engaging into collaborations and partnerships and launch of new products for business growth.
- Advancement in healthcare infrastructure is fueling the Asia Pacific Cellulite Treatment Market
- The Asia-Pacific cellulite treatment market is projectedto be the fastest-growing regional market due to the transformation of healthcare infrastructure, establishments of R&D facilities and, increasing awareness about body contouring and physical wellness. Moreover, other factors supporting the cellulite treatment market include government support, significant investments by industry players, and the innovation of new products equipped with the latest technology. Such factors propel market growth and are expected to support market demand in the forecast time period.
List of Key Companies Covered in this Report:
- Cynosure is one of the leading players in the cellulite treatment market, offering products for non-invasive and minimally-invasive cellulite treatment. The company offers TempSure Firm, a radiofrequency technology-based treatment that temporarily minimizes the appearance of cellulite in few steps. Such treatments are safe for all types of skin, have no downtime, and are easy to operate. Moreover, the company offers Cellulaze, a minimally invasive treatment integrated with laser technology. This treatment targets cellulite below the skin and offers long-term results just with a single treatment.
- The industry players are coming up with various business strategies to increase their market presence. The companies are investing in R&D activities to expand their product portfolio, further driving the cellulite treatment market. In addition, the market players are offering mergers and acquisitions, contractual agreements, new product launches, increasing investments, and partnering with other players to expand their global footprint.
- Tanceuticals, LLC. (US)
- Nubway (China)
- Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA (Germany)
- Zimmer Aesthetics (Germany)
- Cymedics (Germany)
- Cynosure, Inc. (US)
- Inceler Medikal Co. Ltd. (Turkey)
- Syneron Medical Inc (U.S)
- Candela Medical(US)
- Hologic Inc.(US)
- Beijing Sincoheren S & T Development Co., Ltd, (China)
- Skinrex Co., Ltd.(South Korea)
- In January 2021,Endo Aesthetics LLC launched an awareness campaign, “Really Cellulite,” to provide information about cellulite formation and ways available to treat it. The temporary solutions explained includes diet, exercise, lotions, creams, and scrubs
- In February 2021,Soliton announced the launch of Rapid Acoustic Pulse (RAP) device for short-term enhancement in the mien of cellulite that FDA recently approved
- In July 2020, FDA approved the cellulite treatment injection, Qwo to treat buttocks ofmoderate to severe cellulite amongst adult women
- In January 2019,Lumenis introduced a non-surgical radiofrequency system,NuEra Tight, that will improve the appearance of cellulite and skin laxity on the body and face
- In May 2018, Zen launched a non-invasive treatment tool, the BTL Unison machine, that treats orange peel cellulite skin in half an hour
Scope of the Report & Segmentation
- The study covers the existing short-term and long-term market effect, as well as helping decision-makers to draught short-term and long-term plans for businesses by region. The report covers major regions in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the rest of the world. The report analyzes market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, Porters Five Forces, Value Chain, and impact of COVID on the market
By Treatment Procedure
By Cellulite Type
- Topical Treatment
By End Use
- Hard Cellulite
- Soft Cellulite
- Edematous Cellulite
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- Specialized Dermatology Clinics
2027: USD 3,162.1 Million
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Treatment Procedure, Cellulite Type and End Use
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Tanceuticals, LLC. (US), Nubway (China), Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA (Germany), Zimmer Aesthetics (Germany), Cymedics (Germany), Cynosure, Inc. (US), Inceler Medikal Co. Ltd. (Turkey), Syneron Medical Inc (US), Candela Medical (US), Hologic Inc. (US), Cutera (US), Beijing Sincoheren S & T Development Co., Ltd, (China), Skinrex Co., Ltd. (South Korea)
Key Market Opportunities
The emergence of new productsboost market growth
Key Market Drivers
Increasing number of obese cases fuel market growth