Breast Lesion Localization Market Forecast
Global Breast Lesion Localization Market is expected to hold a value of about USD 869.03 Million by 2030 and is projected to register a CAGR of 8.27% from 2020 to 2030.
Breast Lesion Localization Market Synopsis
Breast lesion localization is a medical device used in the detection of malignant and nonmalignant tumors. It is used in the preoperative marking of nonpalpable breast lesions. There are different types of breast lesion localization devices developed using different techniques which include radiations, wires, radar and electromagnetic
There is a number of different market player for breast lesion localization that dominates the breast lesion localization market, which includes B.D. Company, Cianna Medical, and Cook Medical. The companies are involved in launching new products, technologies, and strategic collaboration to develop healthcare produces. For instance, in December 2017, Becton, Dickinson, and Company announced the acquisition of C. R. Bard, Inc.
Breast Lesion Localization Market Influencer
The increasing awareness about breast cancer across the world and the launch of breast lesion localization products for early diagnosis of breast cancer boost the breast lesion localization market.
Breast Lesion Localization Market Drivers
- The rising incidence of breast cancer across the world is driving breast lesion localization market growth. Breast cancer is the most commonly occurring cancer in the woman. It is reported that 2 million new cases of breast cancer were diagnosed in 2018 across the world. Furthermore, it is estimated that 276480 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed in the US by 2020.
- Increasing consumption of alcohol and a sedentary lifestyle causing obesity leads to cancer in a large number of populations.
- Growing age is one of the factors that lead to breast cancer in women. In US 250,000 woman under age 40 years lives with breast cancer. The increasing aging population leads to drive breast lesion localization market growth during the forecasted period.
- Increasing awareness of breast cancer. October is celebrated as breast cancer awareness month, and Food and Drug (FDA) approved the Pink Ribbon Sunday Mammography Awareness Program to instruct women about the early diagnosis of cancer. Rise in the awareness and number of people with breast cancer resulting in the demand for breast lesion localization products.
Breast Lesion Localization Market Restraints
- Stringent nuclear regulatory rules on access, monitoring, storage and transportation
- Lack of skilled and technologically advanced professionals
Breast Lesion Localization Market Segmentation
- Wire-Guided Localization: This is the most widely used method for localizing non-palpable breast lesion which uses fluoroscopic guidance. It is considered as the standard localizing method for non-palpable breast lesions. There is an increase in demand for wire-guided localization as it is safe, effective, well established, and cost-effective products.
- Radioactive Seed Localization (RSL): RSL is used as an alternative method to wire guide localization. This method used radioactive components to detect the affected cells. The compatibility of RSL in the sentinel lymph node mapping increases the demand for this product.
- Non-Radioactive Radar Localization: It is one of the alternative localization methods that use non-radioactive micro-impulse radar technology for surgical guidance.
- Magnetic Seed: This method used magnetic traces to localize breast lesions. There is a demand for magnetic seed localizer as it does not require radiation safety procedures and no risk of an allergic reaction.
- Others: The segment includes electromagnetic localization and other products.
- Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy: In this most common technique used to localize the nonpalpable or unclear breast lesion in the patient body. There is an increase in demand for this technique owing to the availability of products that this technology and its per.
- Core Needle Biopsy: It is the removal of small cells from the patient’s body after the identification of abnormal growth in the affected organ.
- Image-Guided Biopsy: In an image-guided biopsy, the biopsy needle is placed through the patient’s skin into an organ of interest using imaging for guidance. Computer tomography and ultrasonography are the two common imaging modalities that are the most used technology that that the demand for this technology.
- Tumor Identification: Breast lesion localization is an advanced method used in screening and diagnostic of breast images to identify benign and malignant tumors. Breast cancer causes a high incidence of malignant tumors in a woman and which increase the demand for treatment method. The increasing prevalence of breast cancer across the globe is increasing the demand for breast lesion localization products.
- Sentinel Lymph Node Identification: Sentinel node is the first lymph lump that gets affected when cancer starts spreading. The identification of lymph nodes is a preoperative procedure performed to remove the primary cancer cells.
- Diagnostic Centers: Diagnostic centers are estimated to be the largest market in the global breast lesion localization market. The availability of advanced diagnostic methods and skilled professionals across the diagnostics centers increases the breast lesion localization market growth.
- Hospitals and Clinics: Hospitals and clinics are the primary points for diagnosis and treatment for individuals. The increase in patient visits to hospitals for the diagnosis increases the segmental growth.
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers: It is estimated to be the fastest-growing segment owing to the presence of a patient-friendly environment, specialty centers and cost-effective treatment methods that drive segmental growth.
- Americas: Holds the largest market share in the global breast lesion localization market. Countries such as the US and Canada have a large number of patient populations suffering from breast cancer, and high awareness about its diagnosis methods drives the market growth. It is estimated that 2,76,480 new cases of breast cancer are expected in the US. The huge woman population suffering from cancer diseases boosts the breast lesion localization market growth in this region.
- Europe: Europe is the second-largest market for breast lesion localization. Growing innovation in the healthcare industry, increasing focus on developing new breast cancer diagnostic methods, and also the presence of a large number of healthcare companies in this region enhances the European breast lesion localization market growth.
- Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to be the fastest-growing region in the global breast lesion localization market. This region has been witnessing the increasing market growth owing to the increase in the number of people afflicted with malignant tumors, and growing awareness programs related to breast cancer enhances the breast lesion localization market growth in this region.
- Middle East & Africa: The Middle East & Africa holds the least breast lesion localization market share owing to the limited healthcare infrastructure, lack of awareness about the diagnostic and treatment methods and low per capita disposable incomes in underdeveloped regions of Africa.
Breast Lesion Localization Market Key Players
- D. Company (US)
- Cianna Medical (US)
- Cook Medical (US)
- Endomagnetics Ltd (UK)
- Health Beacon (Ireland)
- Devicor Medical Products, Inc (US)
- Somatex Medical Technologies GmbH (Germany)
- Surgiceye GmbH (Germany)
- Ranfac Corporation (US)