Bacterial Cell Culture Market Overview
The Bacterial Cell Culture Market is expected to reach USD 4920.51 Million by 2030 at 7.80% CAGR during the forecast period 2022-2030. A form of learning known as bacterial cell culture is used for many things and is important in life sciences research and diagnosis. Increased research and development in the pharmaceutical industry mean many more people will be diagnosed with cancer or other infectious diseases. That should give the market a nice boost during the forecast period. A few factors point to the growth of bacterial cell culture market, such as the demand from industries for bacterial cell culture and overall population growth. The downside is that it's quite expensive and many people have been let go from their jobs.
COVID-19 Analysis Of Bacterial Cell Culture Market
Bacterial cell cultures are used in research labs for research purposes such as DNA sequencing and gene cloning and therapeutic purposes such as the production of human insulin and viruses for vaccine production. The COVID-19 pandemic is the worst pandemic of modern times. This disease has rapidly spread worldwide and has killed billions. However, even though it may seem like there is no hope left, the government has been investing heavily in the healthcare industry to provide medical services to those who need them. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a high demand for cell culture media. Without these media, laboratories would be unable to produce vaccines and conduct research promptly. The growth of this industry is a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to grow as it spreads throughout the world.
Bacterial Cell Culture Market Dynamics
Bacterial cells are used to manufacture many drugs, including antibiotics, hormones, vaccines, and insulin. The bacterial cell culture market is primarily driven by the growth in the production of biological drugs. Biologic drugs are usually proteins or other large molecules manufactured through genetic engineering techniques. They are used to treat conditions including cancer, hepatitis B, or chronic asthma. The global bacterial cell culture market is expected to grow due to the increased use of phages to prevent obesity and diabetes. Additionally, the increasing prevalence of antibiotic resistance among microorganisms can be attributed to increasing research activities that will help improve the efficacy of bacteriophages for therapeutic use against resistant strains.
The bacterial cell culture market is largely unexplored. There are few players in the market, and there are many potentials for more players to enter this market. However, the companies need to depend on cells for research and use other tools like human or animal cells to make the product affordable.
The bacterial cell culture market is one of the most important biotechnological sectors with over 100 years of history. It is the process whereby bacterial cells are cultured or grown for commercial applications. Bacterial cell culture has emerged as an important industrial product because it has been found that these cells can grow under hostile environmental conditions. They can also produce compounds at a low cost relative to other methods such as chemical synthesis or pure fermentation. Rising demand from emerging nations such as China and India will drive the growth of the bacterial cell culture market in future years.
The bacterial cell culture market is expected to grow significantly in the coming years, but various challenges limit its growth. These include supply chain management, sourcing, and production. Aerobic conditions and temperature control during incubation are major challenges the manufacturers face in bacterial cultures. The high price is another challenge as it restricts some companies from purchasing these products, hindering bacterial cell culture market growth potentials.
- Cumulative Growth Analysis:
The global market for bacterial cell culture is still in its early stages of development. The bacterial cell culture market has been growing steadily over the past decade and is expected to grow at an impressive rate up to 2025.
Bacterial cell cultures are used in biotechnology to produce proteins, enzymes, pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and other biological products for human use. These microorganisms are genetically manipulated before being put into a growth environment with all the nutrients they need. After a certain amount of time, the cultures are harvested for their desired product. With the world's population growing exponentially, there will be more demand for these products in the future which would only contribute to the rise of bacterial cell culture market.
Bacterial cells are cultured in bioreactors. The bioreactor provides the source of nutrients and bacteria growth conditions. The technology to grow bacteria in bioreactors has been well established for more than 50 years. The major factors that affect bacterial cell culture are:
- Cell Growth Rate (GCR) = Growth rate in volume/h
- Culturability = Culturable cells in volume/h
- Gas flow rate (GFR) = flow rate of gas volume/h
- Biomass concentration (B.C.) = mass concentration of biomass when an aliquot is taken out volume/h
- Cell Reactor Diameter (CRD)= Diameter at which cells are cultured.
The bacterial cell culture market is a hotbed of technological innovation. The use of biological technologies in the medical field has been a key factor for the growth in this market. As medical research and treatments become more complex, biologic technologies provide a cheaper and more efficient way to conduct research and development activities.
- Application Areas: Bacterial culture is also known as microbial culture or microbial fermentation. The bacterial cells are grown in large tanks containing a nutrient medium. Bacterial cells have been used in various applications, from food production, drugs production to the manufacture of biofuels. The applications of bacterial cell culture are diverse.
- Supply Chain: Bacterial cells are more difficult to culture than mammalian cells due to the complexity of their cell cycle. For bacterial cells to grow in a laboratory setting, they need more time and attention from a researcher. The supply chain of the bacterial cell culture market is specifically designed for researchers who have a high demand for bacteria cultures. Thus, the supply chain will be a vital aspect of this industry in the future. The global bacterial cell culture market is segmented into five sections:
Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the fastest-growing regional market with a CAGR of 13.5%. This can be attributed to rising healthcare expenditure, increasing awareness about the benefits of biopharmaceuticals, and increasing disposable income, boosting demand for healthcare products in this region. The regional analysis of the bacterial cell culture market is done by analyzing the world's various areas involved in this industry. These regions are North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
The competition in the bacterial cell culture market was relatively low from the 1990s to the early 2000s. This was due to the dominance of a few key players. However, things have changed with the evolving market environment and evolving technologies.
The culture market is currently witnessing a great deal of competition from several players striving to be leaders in this niche. The change is being driven by regulatory changes, new technologies and innovations emerging in the field, and increasing demand for better products from customers. The key players are:
- Becton, Dickinson, and Company
- bioMérieux S.A.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Eiken Chemical Co, Ltd.
- EMD (Merck) Millipore
- Hi-Media Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
- Neogen Corporation
- Scharlab S.L.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Science Research Laboratories
- Innovative applications of biotechnology, rising demand for drug discovery, and rising awareness about bioethics have led to a growing bio-market. This is, in turn, boosting the growth of the global bacterial cell culture market in recent years.
- Industrialization and bioprocess engineering are key areas requiring bacterial cells and large-scale production. These factors have increased demand for bacterial cell cultures in pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and various industries.
- The demand for bacterial cell culture products is mainly from the pharmaceutical industry and the agricultural sector, where bacterial cells are used for research and development activities.
- The recent developments in this market have been initiated by the rise in the prevalence of antimicrobial resistance, which has led to an increased demand for bacterial cell culture products. Also, advances in research have enabled scientists to produce higher-quality products.
- Equipment Incubator: Centrifuge, Spectrophotometer, and others.
- Consumables Media: Reagent, Flask, and others.
- Food Testing
- Water Testing
By Targeted Audience
- Cell culture media manufacturing companies
- Healthcare organizations
- Healthcare providers
- Government organizations
- Contract manufacturing organization (CMO)
- Research and development (R&D) companies
- Hospitals and Diagnostic Centers
- Academic and Research Laboratories
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
USD 4920.51 Million
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Product, Application and End-User
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
ScienCell Research Laboratories, Inc. Becton, Dickinson and Company, bioMérieux S.A., Hi-Media Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Neogen Corporation, Eiken Chemical Co, Ltd., EMD (Merck) Millipore, Scharlab S.L., and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., and Culture Media & Supplies, Inc.
Key Market Opportunities
Growing demand for bacterial cell culture from various industries
Key Market Drivers
Increasing research and development in the pharmaceutical industryRising prevalence of cancer and other infectious diseases
Bacterial Cell Culture Market Highlights:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Bacterial Cell Cultures are mainly used in the life sciences to better understand the life cycles of bacteria and how infections coming from bacteria can be avoided and countered.
The Bacterial Cell Culture Market is expected to exhibit a strong 7.80% CAGR over the forecast period from 2022 to 2030.
The growing investment in the life sciences sector is the major driver for the Bacterial Cell Culture Market.
The Americas holds the largest share in the Global Bacterial Cell Culture Market.
Leading players in the Bacterial Cell Culture Market include Becton Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories, and Neogen Corporation, among others.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.