Pune, India, Sep 2022, MRFR Press Release/Market Research Future has published a Cooked Research Report on the Global Pre-painted Galvanised Iron (PPGI) Market.
The global pre-painted galvanised iron market (PPGI) market was valued at USD 131,497.81 million in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 269,218.18 million by 2030 at a CAGR of 8.31%.
Pre-painted galvanized iron (PPGI) is a form of galvanized iron where the metal is dipped into hot melt zinc to coat the metal and form a barrier between the metal and the atmosphere to avoid corrosion. PPGI is known for its properties such as durability, heat resistant, low maintenance cost, easy to install and many more properties. The exceptional characteristics it possesses allow it to withstand extremely hot and cold conditions. It has a high rigidity and excellent impact strength. PPGI is used in construction industry for roofing and in automobile industry for spare parts.
The prime drivers of the global pre-painted galvanized iron (PPGI) market include the increasing demand of pre-painted galvanized iron (PPGI) in building & construction industry. Further, increasing demand of pre-painted galvanized iron (PPGI) in automotive industry are projected to create high demand in the near future. Pre-painted galvanized iron (PPGI) is also widely used in the construction and automotive sector, especially in roofing. pre-painted galvanized iron (PPGI) can provide greater durability and flexibility than some other materials as it low maintenance. Therefore, the global pre-painted galvanized iron (PPGI) market has great potential of growth by the next decade.
Many regional and local vendors characterize the pre-painted galvanized iron market. The market is highly competitive, with all the players competing to gain maximum market share. The increasing pre-painted galvanized iron demand in automotive is boosting sales. The vendors compete based on cost, product quality, and the availability of the products according to the geographies. The vendors must provide cost-effective, high-quality pre-painted galvanized iron to compete in the market. The competitive scenario is fragmented between the tier-1, tier-2, and tier-3 companies, while tier-1 and tier-2 companies hold over 60% of the global market share.
The market players' growth depends on the market and economic conditions, government regulations, and industrial development. Thus, the players should focus on expanding the production capacity to meet the demand and enhance their services. ArcelorMittal, Baosteel Group, Hyundai Steel, JFE Steel Corporation, JSW Steel Limited, Marcegaglia Carbon Steel, NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION, POSCO, Tata Steel Limited, and United States Steel Corporation are the major companies in the market at the present that are competing in terms of quality, price, and availability. These players are primarily focusing on the development of pre-painted galvanized iron products. Although the international players dominate the market, regional and local players with small market shares also have a moderate presence. The international players with a global presence, with established manufacturing units or sales offices, have strengthened their presence across major regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
By Coating Type
- Polyester: Polyester paint is baked onto the surface of this most popular type of prepainted steel sheet. For interior design projects and exterior panels that don't require a much of processing, polyester prepainted steel sheet is employed. The top side coating should be at least 20 microns thick, and the bottom side coating should be at least 7 microns thick.
- Polyurethane:It is frequently used as a topcoat over epoxy priming because it provides the UV resistance that epoxy lacks. It is frequently used in industrial settings for railings, architectural coating, and equipment, as well as for the protection of structural steel. Polyurethane coatings have a wide range of finish options, including high-gloss, semi-gloss, pearl, and matte.
- Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF): Polyvinylidene fluoride is the most widely used paint coating system in the architectural standing seam roofing sector. PVDF coatings provide the best protection against extreme temperatures, sun exposure, oxygen, humidity, and pollution particles in the atmosphere.
- Others: The others include polyvinyl chloride, epoxy, and phenolic coatings.A polyvinyl chloride (PVC) coating ensures that structural components endure the test of time and is a cost-effective metal finishing solution. This fire-retardant material offers long-lasting and chip-free results because of its strong resistance to corrosion, abrasion, pressure, and harsh chemicals.
By Product Type
- Steel coil: Pre-painted galvanised steel coil is readily processed, lightweight, attractive, and has a high level of corrosion resistance. Pre-painted galvanised steel coil provides a brand-new form of raw material to the construction, shipbuilding, automotive, furniture, and electrical industries. It has advantageous effects on energy and pollution reduction. Pre-painted galvanised steel coil has applications in military and defence sector.
- Strips and sheets: . The material's reflective surface aids in efficiently reflecting sunlight away, reducing the amount of heat transmitted. Thermal reflectivity translates into energy savings. Pre-painted galvanized steel sheet is available in a variety of patterns and sizes to meet the needs.It is used in a variety of industries including construction, electronics, home appliances, automobiles, and others.
- Others: Others segment includes bars & wire rods, flat products plates pipes & tubes, and flat products plates.These materials are utilized in fire-extinguishing sprinkler systems, water and air service systems, heating and air conditioning systems, plumbing systems, and tunnels as well as in industrial, commercial, health, educational, and sporting institutions.
By End Use
- Building and construction: Pre-painted galvanized iron metals are used in number of ancillary parts, including gutters, partitions, roofing structures, facades, cladding systems, and ceiling systems. pre-painted galvanized sheet metal is popular in the construction industry due to its strength and longevity.
- Automotive: Electric vehicles are made from pre-painted galvanized iron metal. It is also used in car body-in-white, oil filter caps, and wiper blade assemblies. It has less paint blistering and red rust along the cut edges. The zinc coating protects the base metal by acting as a barrier to corrosive elements, preferentially corroding the steel beneath.
- Agriculture: Feeding equipment, farm tools, fencing, gates, grain elevators and conveyors, milk storage containers, irrigation systems, tractor parts, veterinary equipment, and slotted floors are just a few of the agricultural applications where farmers benefit from pre-painted galvanized steel products.
- Electronics and Electrical: Appliances including refrigerators, freezers, washing machines, toasters, and DVD players are made of pre-painted galvanized iron. Phone wire and equipment boxes both benefit from the usage of pre-painted galvanized sheet metal. As a result, there will be less risk of harm and less maintenance expense. Pre-coated steel sheet with improved design aesthetic, used in a variety of exterior applications in the consumer electronics and home furnishings industries.
- Others: Other segments include the food & beverage industry, pharmaceutical industry and military sector. Pre-painted galvanized steel is used in various products at the location of food production, including bar counters, meat storage hooks, and food storage racks. Due to its tolerance for frequent cleaning, pre-painted galvanized steel is the material that is most frequently used in the pharmaceutical business.
Access Full Report Details - Pre-painted Galvanised Iron (PPGI) Market size
- North America: North America accounted for the third largest market share in 2021. The North American market has been divided into the US and Canada.
- Europe The European market has been segmented into Germany, Russia, Italy, France, the UK, Norway, Poland, the Netherlands, Denmark, and the rest of Europe. Europe was the second-largest with a share of 18.42% in 2021; it is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.97%.
- Asia Pacific: Asia-Pacific dominated the market with a share of 53.84%, it is expected to register the highest CAGR of 7.92% from 2022 to 2030.
- Latin America: The Latin American market is divided into Brazil, Peru, and Argentina are the major contributors in the region.
- Middle East & Africa: In the Middle East & Africa, GCC countries are the leading in the region followed by Iran and Egypt.