Pune, India, November 2019, MRFR Press Release/- Market Research Future has published a Half-Cooked Research Report on the Global 5G in Aviation Market.
The Global 5G in Aviation Market is projected to be valued at USD 21,200 Million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 52.7% from 2019 to 2030. Growth in the air passenger traffic has significantly contributed to the growth of the 5G in the aviation market. High competition owing to the presence of several players in the market is forcing 5G providers to focus on innovation. Furthermore, the increasing adoption of 5G technology by airports is expected to propel market growth. For example, in January 2019, the Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport in China collaborated with Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd To launch a 5G base station to offer high-speed Internet connectivity to passengers.
However, the high costs associated with the development of 5G infrastructure and issues related to sharing spectrum bands might hamper the growth of the market.
Rising investments in connected aircraft and in-flight broadband are boosting the adoption of 5G technology.
Growth Opportunities in the Market
- ground-to-ground communication segment to register the higher growth rate: The ground-to-ground communication segment is expected to exhibit a higher CAGR during the forecast period of 2019 to 2030. The rising demand for enhanced communication by airport authorities to reduce the passenger waiting time and offer improved travel experience is expected to drive the growth of the segment.
- Small cells to remain a popular choice: The small cells segment is expected to register the higher CAGR during the forecast period of 2019 to 2030. Small cells offer numerous benefits such as easy installation, enhanced signal quality, low latency rates, and low power consumption.
- Airport operations segment expected to remain dominant: The airport operations segment led the market in 2018 and is expected to register the higher growth rate during the review period. The development of smart airports and the rising demand for high-speed Internet connectivity for operational efficiency are expected to drive the growth of the segment.
- Higher adoption of 5G technology at airports: The airport's segment is expected to exhibit higher CAGR during the review period. The rising adoption of 5G technology at airports in countries such as the UK, China, and the UAE is expected to drive the growth of the segment.
Browse Full Report Details @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/5g-aviation-market-8545
- Honeywell International, Inc. (US)
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd (China)
- Ericsson (Sweden)
- Nokia (Finland)
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (US)
- Panasonic Avionics Corporation (US)
- GOGO LLC (US)
- Global Eagle (US)
- OneWeb (UK)
- SmartSky Networks, LLC (US)
Other Prominent Players
- Sprint Corporation (US)
- SK Telecom Co., Ltd (South Korea)
- KT Corporation (South Korea)
- Inseego Corp (US)
- Intelsat (Luxembourg)
- AT&T (US)
- Verizon (US)
- Aeromobile Communications Ltd (UK)
- Vodafone Group PLC (UK)
- Etisalat (UAE)