Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on FMCG Industry - Forecast till 2022
Advent of global pandemic, COVID-19 has resulted in creating a global crisis in the FMCG industry. Impacting over 195 countries across the global, the pandemic has already created economic backdrop across the globe, thereby hinting for the next global recession. Strong initiatives are undertaken by different governments for containing the outbreak. However, social distancing has made a drastic negatively impact on the FMCG industry. Logistic issues, lack of adequate labors, operations limiting to production of only essential items etc. are some of the few examples most FMCG companies are facing across the globe.
Food & beverage industry has also not been spared by the impacts of COVID-19. For instance, companies involved in manufacturing of processed food and non-perishable has seen robust increase in sales owing to the lack of availability of fresh fruits and vegetables. However, restaurants and retail food establishments are facing challenges owing to shortage of food supplies, employees and stringent government lockdowns. Additionally, demand for organic and natural ingredient infused food products are increasing at an exponential growth rate. For instance, Nourish Organic Foods Pvt Ltd., an India based organic food supplier, specialized in selling of organic, gluten-free and vegan food items has experienced 30% sales growth during February-March 2020
Demand for cosmetic & color products, amid the COVID-19 outbreak is anticipated to see a steep downfall. Apart from those products that are deemed to be essential during such crisis, other non-essential products are anticipated to cater huge loss in later half of the year. For example, post Covid-19 outbreak, U.S. consumers are changing their buying behaviors with 27.5% saying that the outbreak has resulted in limiting itself and avoiding public gatherings, thereby resulting in steep decline in demand for cosmetic products. On the other hand, demand for personal hygiene products such as hand sanitizers and hand washes is growing at an exponential rate across the globe.
Market Growth for Hand Hygiene Products, Historical, Current and Forecast Scenario, India
Sources: MRFR Analysis
In India, post-Covid-19 outbreak, demand for hand sanitizers, hand wash and other health hygiene products are anticipated to increase at an exponential rate. The year 2020 is anticipated to have the highest growth for these products. Increasing awareness among Indian consumers related to hand hygiene antiquates is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for many domestic and international players till 2022. Strong e-commerce infrastructure in India is also expected to contribute towards the growth of hand sanitizers, hand wash and other hygiene products.
Impact of COVID – 9 Outbreak on Online Grocery Market, by Region
- Rest of Europe
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World (RoW)
- Middle East
- South America
- Food & Beverage Manufacturers
- Personal Care & Hygiene Manufacturers
- Traders, Wholesalers, and Distributors
- Governments, Associations, and Industrial Bodies
- Investors and Trade Experts
- Clothing & Apparel Manufacturers
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.
Leading companies partner with us for data-driven Insights.
Kindly complete the form below to receive a free sample of this Report