Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound or a mild antiseptic which is highly used to prevent from skin infection such as scrapes, burns and minor cut. It is also used to cure mucus or minor irritation in the mouth. It is a pale blue color liquid, and apart from antiseptic, it is also used as an oxidizer and as a bleaching agent.
Hydrogen peroxide works by realizing oxygen when it is applied to the pretentious area; this released oxygen generates foam and cleans the affected area by removing the dead skin. Hydrogen peroxide is only used to treat minor cuts or wounds and it should not be used to treat big wounds, serious burns, and serious animal bites.
After Effect of Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is highly used to cleanse your body and house as well. There are few side effects of the chemicals as well.
- The basic side effects of the chemical are a mild irritation on the skin, certain redness and stinginess may occur after the application. If these symptoms get worsen you need to consult your doctor immediately.
- If there is any skin infection such as tenderness, pus, or heat after the first few application of hydrogen peroxide then stop using this medication immediately.
- In very rare cases, it can cause an allergic reaction such as itching, swelling in the throat and tongue, trouble breathing, and dizziness, in such cases, you need to seek immediate medical help.
Multiple Uses of Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide helps to kill bacteria, viruses, yeast, fungi, and mold spores so basically this chemical can be used for cleaning purposes at home and an appropriate dose of these chemicals helps to cleanse the human body as well. Here are different uses of hydrogen peroxide.
- Clean your cookware and sink – You can use this chemical to scrub your sink or cookware to bring back that natural shine. First, you need to wet your sink with water and baking soda, let it sit for 5 minutes and after that add 3% of hydrogen peroxide and let it sit for few more minutes, then scrub and rinse with water.
- Extend the life span of the vegetables – According to the organic gardeners, adding hydrogen peroxide in the water while applying it over the vegetables kills the bacteria and removes it. If you are using it on any thin skin vegetables like lettuce or spinach then soak them in water mixed with hydrogen peroxide.
- Hydrogen Peroxide helps to whiten and brighten your teeth – Everyone desire a brightening smile where your teeth look whiter and brighter, hydrogen peroxide is widely used to brighten the teethes. Dentists always use this chemical to brighten the teeth, 10% of hydrogen peroxide is enough and safe when used properly.
However, hydrogen peroxide is also used for removing stains from the clothes, it can be applied on the mirror and shiny surfaces, it also helps to clean your toilet, etc. These chemicals can also be used in the gardens to clean the algae from the ponds and it is also helpful in the treatment of plants that has a fungal infection.