Global Tomato Seeds Market Overview
Tomato Seeds Market is expected to grow USD 2250.7 Million at a CAGR 7.30% during the forecast period 2022-2030, says market research future (MRFR). Major corporations throughout the world are participating in the research and development of new tomato seed types, as well as performing various breeding projects for new tomato seed varieties. As a result, market growth is likely to accelerate throughout the forecast period. Tomatoes can help to lower blood pressure, strengthen the immune system, and promote the appearance of the skin. Tomatoes are high in potassium, which helps to keep blood pressure in check by relaxing blood vessel walls. The market's major participants are concentrating their efforts on new product launches and research and technology in genomic emasculation methods in order to make hybrid tomato farming more lucrative and to ensure that farmers have access to hybrid tomato seed at lower prices. These initiatives are expected to aid enterprises in expanding their foothold in the global tomato seeds industry.
Farmers' increased tomato production is aided by strong growth for tomatoes from the food processing sector, which is likely to boost demand for tomato seeds even more. The growing area under tomato cultivation is expected to have a beneficial impact on market growth in the next years. In addition, the tomato crop is adaptable to a variety of cropping regimes, including monoculture and intercropping. Intercropping provides the advantage of lowering disease and pest incidence. Smallholders can benefit the most from mixed cropping's advantages, which can promote tomato crop cultivation, which is expected to drive global market consumption for tomato seeds.
Tomato Seeds Market Segmentation
The global tomato seeds market has been segmented based on category, by variety, by plant type, and region.
By category, the global tomato seeds market has been classified as organic and conventional.
By variety, the global tomato seeds market has been classified as heirloom and hybrid.
The global tomato seeds market has also been segregated on the basis of plant type, such as determinate, and indeterminate.
The global tomato seeds market has been studied with regard to four key regions—North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the rest of the world.
The North American tomato seeds market has further been segmented into the US, Canada, and Mexico. The European tomato seeds market has been classified as the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the rest of Europe. The tomato seeds market in Asia-Pacific has been divided into China, India, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, and the rest of Asia-Pacific. The tomato seeds market in the rest of the world has been segmented into South America, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Vilmorin & Cie SA (France)
- Syngenta Crop Protection AG (Switzerland)
- Rijk Zwaan Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel B.V. (Netherlands)
- East-West Seeds (Thailand)
- VoloAgri Group, Inc. (US)
- Takii & Company, Limited. (Japan)
- Namdhari Seeds Pvt. Ltd (India)
- Asia Seed Co., Ltd. (South Korea)
- Gansu Dunhuang Seed Co., Ltd. (China)
- Liaoning Dongya Agricultural Development Co., Ltd., (China)
- Mahindra Agri Solutions Ltd. (India)
- Bejo Zaden BV (Netherlands)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Advanta Seeds Pty Ltd (Australia)
- Sakata Seed Corporation (Japan)
Regional Market Summary
Global Tomato Seeds Market Share (%), by Region, 2018
Form: Secondary Forms and MRFR Analysis
North America is anticipated to garner the largest market share in the tomato seeds market during the forecast period. The region’s dominance can be attributed to various factors such as the presence of several numbers of market players, increasing inclination of consumers towards processed food, and the development of new varieties of tomato seeds. There are increasing trends towards the production of greenhouse tomatoes in countries such as the US, Canada, and France.
Europe is also expected to gain a significant share in the global tomato seeds market due to the rising demand for tomato-based processed food among European consumers. However, Asia-Pacific is projected to grow with the highest CAGR owing to the expanding cultivation of tomato in the region, especially in China and India. The adoption of hybrid varieties with better disease and drought resistance traits is further fueling the market growth of tomato seeds.
Oct 2021 Totam Seeds, a Dutch breeding company, has unveiled a wide range of premium-grade tomatoes, all of which boast exceptional quality, distinct flavor, and high yields. Many diverse tomato varieties are available, such as Santa/mini plum, cocktail, round cherry, medium and large tomatoes on the vine, and more. Each one has been designed to fulfill the unique needs of both producers and consumers. Totam Seeds selected those cultivars down to a top 50 based on value, resistance, and output in partnership with external growers. After another 24 months of testing, a definitive list of important kinds is now available.
Global Tomato Seeds Market, by Category
Global Tomato Seeds Market, by Variety
Global Tomato Seeds Market, by Plant Type
Global Tomato Seeds Market, by Region
- Rest of Europe
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World (RoW)
- South America
- Middle East
- Tomato seeds producers/processors
- Food & beverage manufacturers
- Raw material suppliers and distributors
- Traders, exporters, and importers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
tomato seeds market is expected to expand at 7.30% CAGR from 2022 to 2030.
tomato seeds market size can reach USD 2250.7 billion by 2030.
tomato seeds market is driven by the high consumption of tomato-based foods.
Disease management in tomato plants, loss of yield during harvesting, and low amount of fruits due to spike in temperatures are challenges faced by the global tomato seeds market.
North America can garner large amount of shares in the global tomato seeds market till 2024.
VoloAgri Group, Inc., Syngenta Crop Protection AG, Rijk Zwaan Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel B.V., Takii & Company, Limited., Advanta Seeds Pty Ltd, Liaoning Dongya Agricultural Development Co., Ltd., Mahindra Agri Solutions Ltd., Vilmorin & Cie SA, Bejo Zaden BV, Gansu Dunhuang Seed Co., Ltd., Sakata Seed Corporation, BASF SE, Namdhari Seeds Pvt. Ltd, East-West Seeds, and Asia Seed Co., Ltd. are major players currently working in the global tomato seeds market.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.