Speak to Analyst
Request a Free Sample
Thiodiglycol Market Overview
Thiodiglycol (TDE), also known as Thiobis Ethanol, bis(2-hydroxyethyl)sulfide, and2, 2-thiodiethanol, represent by the linear formula C4H10O2S, or S(CH2 CH2OH )2. Thiodiglycol is a transparent, volatile, flammable, and clear to pale-yellow liquid. Thiodiglycol is produced by reaction of 2-chloroethanol with sodium sulfide. Thiodiglycol used as solvent in various industry ranging from dyeing textiles to inks in some ballpoint pens, it is soluble in benzene, ether, and tetrachloromethane, it is also miscible with acetone, alcohols, and chloroform. Thiodiglycol has various applications such as additive, solvents, paints & coating, dyestuffs, pesticides, antioxidant, and others. On the other hand, it is also used as a precursor to the sulfur mustard family of chemical weapons. In addition, thiodiglycol is mainly used as, additives, solvents, and intermediates for organic synthesis. It is the raw material for anti-aging agent, antioxidant, etc.
Thiodiglycol Market: Segmentation
The global thiodiglycol market is majorly segmented on the basis of application, end users and region. Based on application of thiodiglycol the market is segmented into as additive, solvents, paints & coating, dyestuffs, pesticides, antioxidant, and others. Among all applications thiodiglycol is highly used as dyestuffs and antioxidant. On the other hand, based on end user the market segmented into textile, rubber, pharmaceutical, agriculture, and other, and based on region market is segmented into North America, Europe, APAC, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Key players of the global Thiodiglycol market are
- BASF SE (Germany),
- MAOMING YUNLONG INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CO., LTD. (China),
- SONGWON (South Korea),
- LANXESS (Germany),
- Huntsman International LLC (US),
- The Dow Chemical Company (US),
- Eastman Chemical Company (US),
Global Thiodiglycol Market by Region (2016-2023) Regional Analysis Asia Pacific is the largest market of thiodiglycol due to widely utilization as a solvent for dyes in textile industry, especially in China region. On the other hand, increasing demand for agrochemicals-market-1267'>agrochemical industry in China, India, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea has made Asia Pacific largest consumer of the global thiodiglycol market followed by increasing in the consumption of thiodiglycol market in North America region. In North America region, Thiodiglycol market is driven by agricultural, pharmaceutical, rubber, and others industry. In-addition, the third largest market of thiodiglycol is Europe region due to large consumption in agriculture and pharmaceutical industry. Moreover, Latin America and Middle East also observed in growth of Thiodiglycol market due to various application such as additive, solvents, paints & coating, dyestuffs, pesticides, antioxidant, and others.
Geographic Analysis The report covers brief analysis of geographical region such as North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW. The report about Global Thiodiglycol Market by Market Research Future comprises of extensive primary research along with detail analysis of qualitative as well as quantitative aspects by various industry experts and key opinion leaders to gain a deeper insight of the market and industry performance. The report gives a clear picture of the current market scenario which includes past and estimated future market size in terms of value and volume, technological advancement, macro economical and governing factors in the market. The report further provides detail information about strategies used by top key players in the industry. It also gives a broad study about different market segments and regions.
Study Objectives of Thiodiglycol Market:
Industry News:The impact of COVID-19 is severe on the thiodiglycol market. The manufacturing industry has taken a hit owing to which the production of the component is suffering. Its supply is also getting stalled in several countries due to logistics issues. Lockdowns in countries are still in an uncertain zone owing to which growth for the market in 2020 is bound to get restrained.
- To provide detailed analysis of the market structure along with forecast for the next 7 years of the various segments and sub-segments of the Global Thiodiglycol Market
- To understand the supply and demand dynamics including supply and consumption concentration mapping
- To provide region level market analysis and future outlook for North America, Europe, Asia, and Rest of the World (ROW) and their countries
- To provide competitor positioning of the market
- To provide company profiling of major players in the market along with their production and capacity
- To provide regional trade analysis
- To evaluate historical market trends, patents and technologies, and current government regulatory requirements that are relevant to the market
- Thiodiglycol manufacturers
- Traders and distributors of Thiodiglycol
- Production Process industries
- Potential investors
- Raw material suppliers
- Nationalized laboratory
| Market Size
|| 2030: Significant Value
| Base Year
| Forecast Period
|| 2022 to 2030
| Historical Data
|| 2019 & 2020
| Forecast Units
|| Value (USD Million)
| Report Coverage
|| Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
| Segments Covered
|| Application and End-Use
| Geographies Covered
|| North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
| Key Vendors
|| BASF SE (Germany), MAOMING YUNLONG INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CO., LTD. (China), SONGWON (South Korea), LANXESS (Germany), Huntsman International LLC (US), The Dow Chemical Company (US), Eastman Chemical Company (US)
| Key Market Opportunities
|| It is soluble in benzene, ether, and tetrachloromethane
| Key Market Drivers
|| The use of thiodiglycol as a solvent in major industries
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The use of thiodiglycol as a solvent in major industries is the major driver of the global thiodiglycol market.
Antioxidants, pesticides, solvents, paints & coatings, and dyestuffs are major applications of the global thiodiglycol market.
The APAC region can dominate the global thiodiglycol market till 2030.
North America is the second-largest owing to applications in industries of rubber, pharmaceutical, and agriculture sectors.
LANXESS, BASF SE, SONGWON, The Dow Chemical Company, Huntsman International LLC, MAOMING YUNLONG INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CO., LTD., and Eastman Chemical Company are key players of the global thiodiglycol market.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.
Leading companies partner with us for data-driven Insights.
Kindly complete the form below to receive a free sample of this Report