Speak to Analyst
Request a Free Sample
Request a Free Sample
Sodium Sulfide Market
Sodium Sulfide Market is projected to be worth USD 672 Million by 2027, registering a CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period (2020 - 2027).
Global Sodium Sulfide Market Overview
Sodium Sulfide Market is projected to be worth USD 672 Million by 2027, registering a CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period (2020 - 2027). The sodium sulfide market consists of sodium salts that are moderately soluble in acid and water. These sulfides are sulfuric acid esters, which are generated when hydrogen atoms are replaced by metal atoms (sodium). During the forecast period, the worldwide sodium sulfide market is expected to rise at a high CAGR. The rising demand for water treatment chemicals in power and industrial applications is one of the primary reasons driving the sodium sulfide market. Moreover, several environmental rules and laws governing the disposal of generated water and wastewater are fueling the market's growth. In the Asia Pacific region, rising population and rapid urbanization have resulted in increased wastewater creation and a greater need for sodium sulfide for water treatment. Another factor driving the sodium sulfide market is the increasing usage of sodium sulfide in the pulp and paper industry for heating pulp during the Kraft process. Furthermore, the tanning sector is predicted to benefit from the usage of sodium sulfide for removing hair from hides during leather production. The increasing use of sodium sulfide as a water treatment chemical in sectors like chemical, electricity, pulp & paper, municipal, oil & gas, food & beverages, agricultural, and mining is projected to enhance the market in the area.
The global sodium sulfide market has been segmented on the basis of product, grade, application, and region.
Based on product, the global sodium sulfide market has been segregated into low ferric, anhydrous and crystal.
By grade, the market has been categorized into purified and technical grade.
On the basis of application, the market has been divided into pulp & paper, chemical processing, water treatment, textile, tanning, ore processing and others.
The global sodium sulfide market has been studied with respect to five regions—Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
Some of the key players in the global sodium sulfide market are PJ Chemicals, Athiappa Chemicals, Shaanxi Fuhua Chemical Co., Ltd., Sichuan Shenhong Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Iran Sodium Sulphide Company, Sankyo Kasei, Hebei Xinji Chemical Group Co., Ltd., Solvay, Longfu Group, Nafine Group International Co., Ltd., and othersRecent Development
- June 2023: Solvay announced that it had signed a definitive agreement to acquire ICS Industires, a leading producer of sodium sulfide and other specialty chemicals. The acquisition is expected to close in the third quarter of 2023.
- July 2023: PPG Industries announced that it had expanded its production capacity for sodium sulfide at its plant in China. The expansion is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2024.
- August 2023: ISSC (IRSS) announced that it had signed a new contract to supply sodium sulfide to a major customer in the pulp and paper industry. The contract is for a period of three years.
- August 2023: The Chinese government announced that it would be investing in the development of new sodium sulfide production capacity. The investment is expected to help meet the growing demand for sodium sulfide in China.
- Sodium sulfide manufacturers
- Traders and distributors of sodium sulfide
- Research and development institutes
- Potential investors
- Raw material suppliers
- Nationalized laboratories
| Market Size
|| 2027: USD 672 Million
|| 2027: 3.4% CAGR
| Base Year
| Forecast Period
|| 2022 to 2030
| Historical Data
|| 2019 & 2020
| Forecast Units
|| Value (USD Million)
| Report Coverage
|| Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
| Segments Covered
|| product, grade, application, and region
| Geographies Covered
|| Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa
| Key Vendors
|| PJ Chemicals, Athiappa Chemicals, Shaanxi Fuhua Chemical Co., Ltd., Sichuan Shenhong Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Iran Sodium Sulphide Company, Sankyo Kasei, Hebei Xinji Chemical Group Co., Ltd., Solvay, Longfu Group, Nafine Group International Co., Ltd.
| Key Market Opportunities
|| use of sodium sulfide for removal of hair from hides during leather processing
| Key Market Drivers
||increasing demand of water treatment chemicals in power and industrial applications rising use of sodium sulfide in pulp and paper industry during Kraft process for cooking of pulp
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Pulp & paper, water treatment, chemical processing, textile, ore processing, and tanning, are some of the major applications of sodium sulfide.
The water treatment segment holds the largest share in the global sodium sulfide market.
Augmenting demand from various end-use industries such as chemical, power, pulp & paper, and oil & gas, Growing use of sodium sulfide as a water treatment chemical.
Asia Pacific holds the largest share in the global sodium sulfide market, followed by North America and Europe, respectively.
Athiappa Chemicals, PJ Chemicals, Shaanxi Fuhua Chemical Co., Ltd., Iran Sodium Sulphide Company, Sichuan Shenhong Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Sankyo Kasei, Solvay, Hebei Xinji Chemical Group Co., Ltd., Longfu Group, and Nafine Group International Co., Ltd., are some of the major players operating in the sodium sulfide market.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.
Leading companies partner with us for data-driven Insights.
Kindly complete the form below to receive a free sample of this Report