Speak to Analyst
Request a Free Sample
Global Remote Towers Market is projected to register a 30.51% CAGR during the forecast period, 2020 to 2026. Remote towers provide airport functions in an integrated and digitalized format for air traffic control. It is a system that enables flight information service that is provided from a certain location other than the aerodrome. Remote tower services offer enhanced operational efficiency and safety. Remote towers also assist in airspace management and safe air traffic management.
The global remote towers market is expected to register significant growth during the forecast period owing to factors such as a rise in aircraft deliveries and the increasing focus on modernization of air traffic management infrastructure. Additionally, stringent aviation regulations regarding aircraft safety owing to rising terrorism across the globe are also expected to drive the growth of the market. Furthermore, the growing adoption of UAVs in both commercial and military applications provides an opportunity for the growth of the remote towers market.
However, issues related to the rise in cyber threats to air traffic management and limited network infrastructure might hamper the growth of the market.
The growing need for situational awareness to identify, process, and provide efficient solutions in the aviation industry is a key factor that is driving the growth of the global remote towers market.
- Rise in aircraft deliveries
- Increasing focus on modernization of air traffic management infrastructure
- Increasing digitalization in air traffic management: There is a rapidly growing demand for the modernization and digitalization in the aviation industry due to the increasing number of aircraft demand as well as the airports for monitoring growing passenger traffic in the aviation industry.
- Issues related to the rise in cyber threats to air traffic management
- Limited network infrastructure
- Single: The single segment is expected to showcase a considerable growth rate in the remote towers market owing to the mandatory checking of all the parameters prior to any flight boarding. The continuously increasing air passenger volume, along with the requirement for speedy and high-security solutions are enabling industry participants to develop advanced facilities for them.
- Multiple: This segment is estimated to account for a significant market share during the review period due to the number of systems installed at several airport across the globe in 2019. They simultaneously work on multiple parameters for better functioning.
- Contingency: The contingency segment dominated the market in 2019 and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period as these systems are used for emergencies as well as a backup remote tower.
- Communication: This segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Remote towers assist in connecting ground-based systems and air traffic, thus assisting in the smooth functioning of the aircraft and airport. Such factors are expected to drive the growth of the market.
- Information & Control: Remote towers assist in gathering weather data, collecting intelligence information, and clicking aerial photographs. Their increasing applications are expected to drive the growth of the information & control segment in the global market.
- Flight Data Handling: The increase in the development of various services and systems such as the flight operations quality assurance and flight data analysis service is expected to drive the growth of the segment.
- Surveillance: The surveillance segment dominated the global market in 2019 due to the rising adoption of UAVs and the growing air passenger traffic. The demand for remote towers in the global market is growing as they offer enhanced surveillance capabilities to pilots and help manage air traffic.
- North America: North America dominated the remote towers market in 2019 due to the presence of prominent companies such as ADB SAFEGATE and Searidge Technologies.
- Europe: The presence of prominent aircraft manufacturers such as Airbus S.A.S and the airport modernization programs in countries such as the UK and Germany are expected to drive the market growth in the region.
- Asia-Pacific: The market in this region is projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growing aviation industry in countries such as China, Japan, and India is expected to increase the demand for remote towers in the region.
- Rest of the World: Increasing investments by prominent airlines due to the increasing cyber threats at the respective airports in the countries such as Brazil, South Africa, and GCC are expected to increase the demand for remote towers in the region.
- Saab AB (Sweden)
- Frequentis Group (Austria)
- Thales Group (France)
- Indra Sistemas, S.A. (Spain)
- Raytheon Technologies Corporation (US)
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc. (US)
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (US)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (US)
- Searidge Technologies (Canada)
- Leonardo S.p.A. (Italy)
Other Prominent Players
- KONGSBERG (Norway)
- Avinor AS (Norway)
- NATS Limited (UK)
- SkySoft-ATM – Route de Pré-Bois (Switzerland)
- Systems Interface Ltd. (UK)
- ACAMS (Norway)
- ADB SAFEGATE (US)
Speak to Analyst
Ask for Customization
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Operation, Application and System
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Saab AB (Sweden), Frequentis Group (Austria), Thales Group (France), Indra Sistemas, S.A. (Spain), Raytheon Technologies Corporation (US), L3Harris Technologies, Inc. (US), Northrop Grumman Corporation (US), Lockheed Martin Corporation (US), Searidge Technologies (Canada), Leonardo S.p.A. (Italy)
KONGSBERG (Norway), Avinor AS (Norway), NATS Limited (UK), SkySoft-ATM – Route de Pré-Bois (Switzerland), Systems Interface Ltd. (UK), ACAMS (Norway) and ADB SAFEGATE (US)
Key Market Opportunities
The growing need for situational awareness to identify, process, and provide efficient solutions in the aviation industry is a key factor that is driving the growth of the global remote towers market
Key Market Drivers
Rise in aircraft deliveriesGrowing no of airportsIncreasing focus on modernization of air traffic management infrastructure
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Raytheon Technologies Corporation (U.S.), L3Harris Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), Thales Group (France), Indra Sistemas, S.A. (Spain), Northrop Grumman Corporation (U.S.), and Lockheed Martin Corporation (U.S.), to name a few.
A 30.51 % CAGR is estimated to uplift the development of the overall market in the future.
The APAC region is likely to show the top CAGR growth in the coming period.
The market is estimated to exhibit promising revenue levels in the forecast period.
The establishment of strict aviation regulations concerning aircraft safety is estimated to provide traction to the market.