Global Mechanical Control Cables Market for military and aerospace applications is projected to be valued at USD 18.42 Billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 11.4% during the forecast period, 2019–2026.
Mechanical control cables provide a push and pull action to actuate components mechanically. They consist of mechanical cables with attached forks, studs, eyes, handles, or other fittings. Varying on the type of motion employed, mechanical control cables are often referred to as push-pull control cables or pull-pull mechanical control cables.
The global mechanical control cables market for military and aerospace applications has witnessed high growth in recent years owing to the increasing air passenger traffic and the increasing demand for new aircraft and military land vehicles. Moreover, the increasing demand for military vessels is some factors driving the growth of the market. However, the existing backlog of aircraft deliveries and complexities associated with manufacturing and installing wire harnesses are expected to restrain the market growth to some extent.
High dependency of mechanical systems on control cables for actuation
- Increasing Air Passenger Traffic and Demand for New Aircraft: There has been an increase in air passenger traffic since the past few years in developing countries. Therefore, to cater to the rising number of passengers, there has been a corresponding increase in the demand for new aircraft. Moreover, the mechanical control cables are an integral part of the aircraft actuation system. Thus, the increasing demand for new aircraft is expected to drive the market growth.
- Increasing Demand for Military Land Vehicles
- Increasing Demand for Military Vessels
- Military Modernization Programs
- Push-Pull: The segment is expected to witness higher growth during the forecast period from 2019 to 2026. Push-pull cables are used to provide a means of transmitting linear motion from one location to another. With push-pull cables, compression pushes motion in one direction while tension pulls it in the other direction.
- Pull-Pull: The segment dominated the mechanical control cables market in 2019. Pull-Pull control cables are largely used in applications that require the transmission of forces in the pull mode of operation. The control is returned to its original position by spring actuation.
- Commercial: The segment is expected to witness higher growth during the forecast period from 2019 to 2026. The segment is further bifurcated into commercial aviation and business & general aviation. With the increasing demand for new aircraft, the demand for advanced control cables are expected to increase in the review period. This, in turn, is expected to drive the growth of this segment.
- Defense: The segment dominated the mechanical control cables market in 2019. The defense segment includes military aviation, main battle tanks, armored fighting vehicles, amphibious armored vehicles, light tactical vehicles, aircraft carriers, frigates, and submarines among others. With the increase in defense expenditure, the demand for these systems is expected to increase in the forecast period. This would consequently drive the growth of the global mechanical control systems market.
- North America: North America dominates the mechanical control cables market. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period due to the presence of prominent players such as Bergen Cable Technology, Inc., Cable Manufacturing & Assembly, Inc., and Glassmaster Controls Company, Inc and their significant investments in the development of control cables.
- Europe: The increasing adoption of advanced combat vehicles and aircraft by the military forces for tactical missions is expected to drive the growth of the European market in the review period.
- Asia-Pacific: The market in this region is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Increasing defense expenditure in countries such as India and China and increasing the demand for new aircraft are driving regional growth.
- Middle East & Africa: The increase in defense expenditures by countries such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Israel is driving the market growth in the Middle East & Africa region.
- Latin America: In Latin America, there has been an increase in the use of combat vehicles and aircraft for intelligence gathering on drug trafficking and rebel groups, deforestation monitoring, and control of illegal migration, which is expected to drive the market growth.
- Bergen Cable Technology, Inc.
- Cable Manufacturing & Assembly, Inc.
- Crane Aerospace & Electronics
- Elliott Manufacturing
- Glassmaster Controls Company, Inc
- Loos & Co. Inc.
- Orscheln Products
- Triumph Group
- Tyler Madison, Inc.
- Wescon Controls
Other Prominent Players
- Cablecraft Motion Controls
- Drallim Industries Limited
- Escadean LTD
- Grand Rapids Controls, LLC
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Global Mechanical Control Cables market is touted to record a substantial market valuation of USD 18.42 billion by 2026.
Global Mechanical Control Cables market is projected to register a moderate 11.4% CAGR in the forecast period.
The push-pull segment is expected to observe substantial demand over the review period.
The commercial segment is slated to expand as the fastest-growing segment.
A few eminent market players operating in the global Mechanical Control Cables market are Bergen Cable Technology, Inc., Cable Manufacturing & Assembly, Inc., Crane Aerospace & Electronics, among others.