Speak to Analyst
Request a Free Sample
Healthcare Protective Masks Market Forecast
Healthcare Protective Masks Market size was estimated to be USD 2,050.2 Million in 2019 and Healthcare Protective Masks Market is expected to reach USD 11.04 Billion by 2032. It is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2023 to 2032.
Healthcare Protective Masks Market Synopsis
A protective mask is one of the protective ensembles designed to protect the wearer’s face and eyes and prevent the breathing of air contaminated with chemical and/ or biological agents. High demand for protective masks due to the outbreak of COVID-19 globally and rising number of surgical procedures are the key factors that are expected to drive the healthcare protective masks market growth. For instance, according to the National Cardiac Audit Program (NCAP), 2018 UK report, approximately 1, 05,000 angioplasty surgeries were performed which required surgical masks during procedures. Moreover, increasing prevalence of infectious diseases, mass manufacturing operations in Southeast Asian countries, and a rise in the prevalence of age-related diseases, rising investment in healthcare facilities, and increasing pollution levels are also expected to boost the healthcare protective masks market growth.
Healthcare Protective Masks Market Influencer
An outbreak of COVID-19, leading to increased demand for protective masks.
Healthcare Protective Masks Market Drivers
- Rise in the demand due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Shortage of surgical masks. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), March 2020 reported an estimated 89 million masks are required for COVID-19 response each month.
- Mass manufacturing operations in Southeast Asian countries
- The rising number of surgical procedures. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 2017 report, the number of deaths occurred was 3,65,914 people due to coronary heart disease. Thus, to reduce the number of deaths, surgical procedures are required with the safe use of protective masks.
- Rising prevalence of age-related diseases
- Increasing pollution levels
- Manufacturers providing low-quality face masks
- The rise in prices of face masks
Healthcare Protective Masks Market Segmentation
By Product Type
- Surgical Masks: This segment is the largest segment due to the rising prevalence of infectious diseases. A surgical mask is intended to be worn by health professionals during healthcare procedures. It is designed to prevent infections in patients and surgeons or doctors.
- Anesthesia Masks: These masks have a cuff that allows for a complete seal to be achieved between the mask and the patient’s face. Anesthesia masks are used to deliver non-invasive ventilation.
- Respirators: This segment is the fastest-growing segment due to the outbreak of COVID-19. Respirators are masks that are used to protect the wearer from particulates in the air. These are usually worn over the mouth to protect the respiratory system by filtering out dangerous substances from inhaled air.
- Others: Other product types of protective masks include N95 respirators and barrier masks. N95 respirators are respirators that fit more tightly and prevent the wearer from inhaling smaller, airborne infectious particles.
- Hospitals & Clinics: This is the largest segment with increasing surgical procedures. The protective masks are one of the major personal protective equipment being used in hospitals and clinics. These masks are usually used for surgeries to prevent the spread of diseases or viruses among hospitals or clinics.
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers: This segment is the fastest-growing segment with an increase of infectious diseases. These are modern healthcare facilities focusing to provide same-day surgical care, including diagnostics and preventive procedures.
- Others: Other end users of protective masks are individuals, care centers, and research institutes.
- Americas: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the 2017 US report, the number of emergency department visits resulting in hospital admission were recorded 14.5 million visits. Thus, usage of protective masks increases especially for emergency departments amongst doctors and nurses.
- Europe: As per the European Union (EU) report, at the start of 2019, 101.1 million people had reached the age of 65, 20% of the total population. The rise in the geriatric population increases the prevalence of age-related diseases which is expected to boost healthcare protective masks market growth.
- Asia-Pacific: The rise in infectious diseases is expected to drive the healthcare protective masks market during the forecasting period. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 2020 report, as per National Influenza Centers (NICs) data, a total of 149 specimens were tested positive for influenza viruses, of which 59.1% (88) were typed as influenza A and 40.9% (61) as influenza B.
- Middle East & Africa: The rising infrastructure development, along with increasing investment in healthcare facilities is expected to boost healthcare protective masks market growth.
Healthcare Protective Masks Market Key Players
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Narang Medical Limited
- Mölnlycke Health Care AB
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Ansell Ltd.
- Dynarex Corp.
| Market Size
|| 2032: USD 11.04 Billion
|| 5.7% (2023-2032)
| Base Year
| Forecast Period
| Historical Data
| Forecast Units
|| Value (USD Billion)
| Report Coverage
|| Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
| Segments Covered
|| Product Type and End User
| Geographies Covered
|| North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
| Key Vendors
|| 3M (US), Cardinal Health, Inc. (US), Narang Medical Limited (India), Mölnlycke Health Care AB (Sweden), Henry Schein, Inc. (US), Medline Industries, Inc. (US), Sterimed (India), Honeywell International Inc. (US), Kimberly-Clark Corporation (US), Ansell Ltd (Australia), Dynarex Corp. (US)
| Key Market Opportunities
|| An Outbreak of COVID-19, Leading to Increased Demand for Protective Masks.
| Key Market Drivers
|| Shortage of Surgical Masks. Mass Manufacturing Operations in Southeast Asian Countries. The Rising Number of Surgical Procedures. Increasing Prevalence of Infectious Diseases. Rising Prevalence of Age-Related Diseases. Increasing Pollution Levels.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Healthcare Protective Masks Market is estimated to hold a value of USD 11.04 Billion by the end of 2032.
Healthcare Protective Masks Market is likely to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% by the end of 2032.
The most established players of the Global Healthcare Protective Masks Market are Dynarex Corp., Ansell Ltd., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Sterimed, Medline Industries, Inc. Henry Schein, Inc., Mölnlycke Health Care AB, Narang Medical Limited, Cardinal Health, Inc., and 3M.
Healthcare Protective Masks Market can be segmented on the basis of product, end-user, and region.
The disruption of COVID-19 is estimated to drive the Global Healthcare Protective Masks Market.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.
Leading companies partner with us for data-driven Insights.
Kindly complete the form below to receive a free sample of this Report