Global Drone Services Market is projected to reach USD 65.18 Billion by 2028 and register a CAGR of 34.6% from 2020 to 2028. The drone services market is highly fragmented with the presence of several players catering to the increasing demand for these services. High competition among the industry players leads to innovation, which attracts more consumers. This, in turn, drives the market growth. Furthermore, the growing adoption of drones for various applications such as mapping & surveying, 3D modeling, and others is also expected to drive the market growth. For example, in June 2019, Terra Drone signed an agreement with Ordnance Survey, the national mapping agency of the UK, to provide drone services to the latter.
The Global Drone Services Market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period owing to factors such as the growing demand for high-quality data and the development of industry-specific solutions. However, issues related to safety and the lack of trained and skilled personnel might hamper the growth of the market.
However, the growing adoption of technologies such as IoT, AI, and drone insurance provides lucrative growth opportunities to players in the drone services market. The use of such technologies would enable drone service providers to offer enhanced services to customers.
The increasing demand for high-quality data and technology advancements in drones is expected to drive the market growth.
- Development of industry-specific solutions: Industry-specific solutions offered by companies such as Precision Hawk, senseFly, and others to cater to niche customer demands are expected to drive the market growth during the review period.
- Growing demand for high-quality data
- Issues related to safety
- Lack of trained and skilled personnel
- Enterprise: The segment is expected to grow with a higher CAGR during the forecast period as enterprise solutions offer end-to-end services and support to all industries.
- Point: The segment dominated the market in 2019, owing to the growing demand for customized services by the industry players.
- Drone Platform Services: The segment dominated the drone services market in 2019 owing to the growing adoption of drone services by industries such as agriculture and construction. These industries require high-quality data and analytics, driving the demand for drone platform services.
- Drone MRO Services: The segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR owing to increasing accidents by new operators.
- Drone Training & Education Services: The increasing number of drones globally creates a growth opportunity for drone training and education service providers.
- Data Acquisition & Analytics: The segment is expected to grow at a steady rate during the forecast period. The increasing demand for drone analytics in industrial and commercial applications is expected to drive the growth of the segment.
- Mapping & Surveying: The segment dominated the market in 2019 owing to the growing adoption of drone services for mapping and surveying applications by countries such as the UK and India.
- 3D Modeling: The segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period from 2020 to 2028. The mining and quarrying and agriculture and forestry industries use 3D modeling to optimize workflow through real-time in-field insights and inventory management.
- Agriculture: The segment dominated the market in 2019. Increasing the adoption of drones by countries such as the US, India, and China for agricultural purposes is expected to drive the growth of the segment.
- Infrastructure: The segment is expected to grow at a steady rate during the review period. The infrastructure segment utilizes drone services for monitoring, inspection, and receiving insights about site layout and building materials.
- Media & Entertainment: The segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period from 2020 to 2028. Increasing product launches by companies such as Measure for the media & entertainment industry is expected to drive the segment growth.
- North America: North America dominated the drone services market in 2019 and is projected to remain the largest regional market during the forecast period due to the presence of prominent drone service providers such as Measure and Precision Hawk
- Europe: The market in Europe is expected to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period owing to the increasing use of drone services by the infrastructure industry in the UK.
- Asia-Pacific: The market in this region is projected to register the highest CAGR during the review period owing to the increasing manufacturing of drones in the region and the growing adoption of drones by the agriculture industry.
- Middle East & Africa: The growing adoption of drones by prominent oil and gas companies such as Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc) for oil exploration is expected to drive the drone services market in the Middle East & Africa.
- Latin America: Increasing investment by prominent drone service providers such as Terra Drone Corporation in the region is expected to drive the market growth in Latin America.
- Measure (US)
- Precision Hawk (US)
- Martek Aviation (UK)
- Terra Drone Corporation (Japan)
- senseFly (Switzerland)
- Vermeer (US)
- CYBERHAWK INNOVATIONS LIMITED (UK)
- Sky Futures (UK)
- DroneDeploy (US)
- SHARPER SHAPE INC. (US)
- DJI (China)
Other Prominent Players
- Phoenix Drone Services (US)
- Unmanned Experts Inc. (US)
- Delair (France)
- Prioria Robotics (US)
- The Sky Guys, Ltd. (Canada)
- Deveron UAS (Canada)
- MMC (China)
- Mirs Innovate Private Limited (Singapore)
- Sky Vision Aerial Photography Services (UAE)
- FEDS (UAE)
USD 65.18 Billion (2028)
Value (USD Billion)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Solution, Type, Platform, Application
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Measure (US), Precision Hawk (US), Martek Aviation (UK), Terra Drone Corporation (Japan), senseFly (Switzerland), Vermeer (US), CYBERHAWK INNOVATIONS LIMITED (UK), Sky Futures (UK), DroneDeploy (US), SHARPER SHAPE INC. (US), DJI (China)
Key Market Opportunities
High-Quality Data and Technology Advancements
Key Market Drivers
Development of industry-specific solutions. Growing demand for high-quality data
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The growth period calculated for the market 2020 to 2028.
The market will be generating revenue of USD 65.18 Billion by the year 2028.
The market’s CAGR is calculated for 34.6%.
The market USP is the rising demand for high-quality data and technology advancements in drones.
Solution, Type, Application and Industry are the main segments of the market.