Blepharitis Market Overview:
The Blepharitis Market is anticipated to reach USD 1561.36 Million by 2030 at 4.50% CAGR during the forecast period 2022-2030.Blepharitis is an ophthalmological disorder that causes inflammatory conditions to the eyelid that leads to ocular discomfort and irritation to the eye in all age groups of the population. This eye disorder is caused by various reasons such as bacteria or a skin condition like dandruff from the scalp or overproduction of oil from the eyelid glands. This disorder is not sight-threatening but leads to permanent alterations in the eyelid margin or vision loss from ulceration, superficial keratopathy, and corneal neovascularization.
The two types of blepharitis are anterior and posterior which infect the eyes in various types. The other type, anterior blepharitis infects the eyelid skin, eyelash follicles, and the base of the eyelashes. Posterior blepharitis affects the meibomian glands and gland orifices. This treatment cleanses the eyelid routines daily and uses therapeutics agents that reduce infection and inflammation. Using therapeutics or drugs in the treatment, expand the capabilities of treatment and also enables new diagnostic and treatment applications for the patient. This treatment ensures a better functional ability to cure a few common types of diseases related to the eyes. According to the report of the American Academy of Ophthalmology from the US ophthalmologists and optometrists, 37% to 47% of patients were diagnosed with blepharitis signs.
The COVID-19 outbreak has affected all the business sectors across the globe and impacted the economy drastically. The economy is affected by three major reasons like affecting production and demand, creating supply chain and market disruption, and finally by its financial impact on firms and financial markets. To curb the spread of the coronavirus, various governments implemented lockdowns and some other strict regulations.
The lockdown of the COVID-19 has brought effects on various aspects like flight cancellations, transportation bans, quarantines, public places shutdowns like restaurants, theatres, schools, and all indoor events to maintain social distance one from other. These restrictions are implemented in over forty countries and the manufacturing industries of blepharitis are faced various issues like lack of raw materials, shortage of manpower, and supply chain disruptions and stops production which leads to falling in blepharitis. Hence, the halt of production, slowing down of the business confidence, rising panic among the population, people staying in their homes itself results in the declining market of blepharitis. However, after lifting the lockdown, the demand for blepharitis treatment increases due to their benefits.
Increasing demand for healthcare facilities in emerging economies is propelling market growth. Growing prevalence of ophthalmological disorders like dry eye, acne rosacea uveitis, and others. Moreover, government initiatives, increasing demand for advanced treatment, growing awareness regarding eye care among the people, and rising market players for introducing new products for blepharitis treatment are the few factors accelerating the blepharitis market growth.
Increasing the population suffering from blepharitis and the growing emergence of novel drugs are the factors escalating the growth of the blepharitis drug market. Additionally, increasing expenditure on the development of healthcare infrastructure and growing personal disposable income is enhancing the market growth. The advent of high-throughput screening (HTS) for drug discovery to treat ocular diseases is boosting the growth of the market.
Blepharitis treatment is very expensive and limited facilities to implement the treatment are the factors restraining the market growth.
Increasing the investment in R&D activities, introducing innovations in products, and upgrading the existing products by market players is creating an opportunity to boost the growth of the blepharitis treatment market.
Lack of awareness regarding blepharitis disease and patent expiry of various companies are the major challenges of the market growth.
Study Objectives -
- To provide specific information about the blepharitis market structure along with various forecast segments and subsegments for the next coming 10 years.
- To provide the declining factors the growth of the blepharitis market value.
- To examine the blepharitis market industry analysis based on porter’s five force analysis, factors-price analysis, supply chain analysis, etc.
- To offer history and future revenue segments and sub-segments of the blepharitis market revenue for the main geographies.
- To provide the country-level analysis of the current blepharitis market size and future prospective.
- To provide country-level analysis of the blepharitis market industry growth by region, form, treatment, diagnosis, and application.
- To offer the major key players in the market, analyze their core competencies, and draw a global market growth landscape.
- To study new product developments, mergers, acquisitions, strategic alliances, and global market research.
The global blepharitis market has been divided into segments based on type, treatment, diagnosis, end-use, and region.
Based on Type
The blepharitis types are trifurcated into anterior blepharitis, posterior blepharitis, and mixed blepharitis.
Based on Treatment
Blepharitis treatments are classified into three types such as eye cleansers, artificial tears, and antibiotic therapy. Further, antibiotic therapy is sub-segmented into topical antibiotic therapy and oral antibiotic therapy. As oral antibiotic therapy offers anti-inflammatory and lipid regulating properties, ora;l antibiotic therapy is dominating the largest share.
Based on Diagnosis
The blepharitis market based on diagnosis is analyzed into a few types as physical examination, comprehensive eye examination, and others.
Based on End-user
The blepharitis market end-users are categorized into a few types like specialty centers, hospitals, and others.
Based on Region
Region-wise, the global blepharitis market is divided into four main geographies such as the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa. Out of these regions, America is dominating the largest market share for the rising incidence of eye disorders and increasing awareness regarding eye care among the population.
Regional Analysis -
Geographically, the blepharitis market based on regions is segmented into four major regions like Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Americas, and the Middle East & Africa. Among them, the American region is holding the maximum blepharitis market share due to the rising incidence of eye disorders, and growing awareness among the population regarding eye care. Moreover, increasing healthcare expenditure and the growing involvement of major key players in developing the product innovations, and increasing government support are boosting the market growth in North America. In 2015, in the US, healthcare spending is increased by 5.8% reaching USD 3.2 trillion according to the report of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Due to the presence of a large pool of market players introducing the new product launches and increasing skilled medical professionals, coupled with increasing demand for advanced healthcare infrastructure, Europe is holding the second-largest share in the global market. The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) states that in 2014, the healthcare expenditure in Germany was EUR 321 billion which enhances the market growth in this region. Asia-Pacific is said to be the fastest-growing region for the growing population which leads to the increasing patient population and prevalence of eye disorders. Due to lack of awareness and limited treatment facilities, the Middle East & Africa is expected to hold the least market growth.
The prominent key players in the blepharitis market outlook are the following:
- Scope Ophthalmics Ltd
- Novartis AG
- InSite Vision Incorporated
- Thea Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Galderma S.A.
- NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Merck & Co.
- Perrigo Laboratories
- One of the leading technology research and advisory companies, Technavio focuses on emerging trends, research, development of effective strategies and offers actionable insights to increase their company’s potential in the market.
- The topmost key player, Technavio introduced the innovation of the global blepharitis drugs market named Novel Drug Formulation which is a targeted topical treatment of the eyelid margins for patients along with acute exacerbations of blepharitis.
This global blepharitis market research includes the Market Overview, COVID-19 analysis, Market Dynamics, Study Objectives, Segment Overview, Regional Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Recent developments, Segmentation Table, and FAQs. The market scenario includes the blepharitis market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities. The blepharitis market forecast segments are type, treatment, diagnosis, end-use, and region.
USD 1561.36 Million
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Type, treatment, diagnosis, and end user
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
InSite Vision Incorporated, NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Scope Ophthalmics Ltd, Thea Pharmaceuticals Limited, Perrigo Laboratories, Merck & Co., Galderma S.A., and Novartis AG.
Key Market Opportunities
Involvement of leading players in new product development
Key Market Drivers
Rising prevalence of ophthalmological disorders, such as dry eye, uveitisRising demand for advanced treatmentIncreasing awareness among mass regarding eye care
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Blepharitis is an ophthalmological disorder which causes inflammation of the eyelids, leading to irritation of the eye.
Blepharitis Market is expected to exhibit a strong 4.50% CAGR over the forecast period till 2030.
Increasing awareness about eye diseases is the major driver for the Blepharitis Market.
Americas hold a dominant 4.50% share in the global Blepharitis Market.
Leading players in the Blepharitis include InSite Vision Inc., NovaBay, and Scope Ophthalmics, among others.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.