Speak to Analyst
Request a Free Sample
Airborne SATCOM Market Overview
Airborne SATCOM Market is projected to reach USD 8.2 Million by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 5.4% between 2020 and 2030.
SATCOM offers efficient and reliable communication to the aircraft operators. Airborne SATCOM systems enable pilots to communicate with air traffic control officers to ensure safe aircraft operations. Moreover, airborne SATCOM is widely used in military aircraft to carry out military missions efficiently. Currently, UAVs are also being used for tactical communications by military agencies globally.
Global Airborne SATCOM Market has witnessed high growth in recent years owing to increasing defense expenditures, growing passenger traffic, and a significant rise in demand for new aircraft. Moreover, the increasing use of UAVs for defense and commercial applications is driving the growth of the market. However, factors such as cybersecurity issues and high cost of satellite-based communication are expected to restrain the market growth to some extent.
The increasing need for airborne SATCOM for effective communication
- Increasing Defense Expenditures: Globally, military spending has increased significantly in recent years. According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), global military expenditure rose by 2.6% to approximately USD 1.82 trillion from 2017 to 2018. The increase in defense expenditure is expected to boost the demand for technologically advanced aircraft such as fighter jets, UAVs, and helicopters, which is also expected to drive the demand for airborne SATCOM systems and solutions during the review period.
- Significant Increase in Air Passenger Traffic and Demand for New Aircraft
- Use of Software-Defined Radio for Satellite Communications
- Introduction of New Aircraft Programs
- Commercialization of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Antennas: The segment is expected to witness high growth during the forecast period, 2019 to 2026. The antenna transfers the transmitter energy at the required efficiency. This process is carried out identically during the reception. The antenna is a crucial component of a SATCOM system.
- Transmitters: The segment dominated the surveillance radar market in 2019. Transmitters are used to generate and transmit electromagnetic waves carrying signals or messages. They enable the broadcasting of large volumes of data over long distances by modulating the frequency.
- Receivers: The segment is expected to witness steady growth during the forecast period, 2019 to 2026. A receiver is an electronic device that assists in receiving radio waves and converting the data carried into a usable form. Receivers assist in converting low-frequency radio waves to high frequency and offer enhanced sound quality.
- Civil Aviation: The segment accounted for the largest share in 2019. There has been a rise in air passenger traffic globally. According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), global air travel is likely to double by 2036. Thus, to cater to the increasing passenger traffic, there has been a corresponding increase in the demand for new aircraft. The communication system is a vital component in aircraft. Hence it is expected to witness high demand.
- Military Aviation: The segment is expected to grow at a steady CAGR during the forecast period. This is due to the modernization of existing military aircraft with advanced systems. Moreover, the increasing demand for fighter jets globally is also expected to drive the growth of this segment.
- UAV: The segment is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period from 2020 to 2026. The increasing use of UAVs for surveillance, border patrol, intelligence, reconnaissance, missile detection, and satellite communications by the military agencies and commercial applications globally is driving the growth of this segment.
- North America: North America dominates the airborne SATCOM market. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period due to the presence of prominent players such as Honeywell International, Inc., L3 Harris Technologies, Inc., United Technologies Corporation, and Viasat, Inc., and heavy investments by these companies in the development of airborne SATCOM systems and solutions.
- Europe: The increasing adoption of fighter jets and UAVs by military forces for tactical missions is expected to drive the growth of the European market in the review period.
- Asia-Pacific: The airborne SATCOM market in this region is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. The increase in the demand for new aircraft and defense expenditures of countries such as India and China are driving the regional market growth.
- Middle East & Africa: The increase in defense expenditures by countries such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Israel, and the presence of major airlines such as Etihad Airways and Saudi Arabian Airlines is driving the market growth in the Middle East & Africa region.
- Latin America: In Latin America, there has been an increase in the use of UAVs for intelligence gathering on drug trafficking and rebel groups, deforestation monitoring, and control of illegal migration, which is expected to drive the market growth.
- Cobham Plc (UK)
- General Dynamics Corporation (US)
- Honeywell International, Inc. (US)
- L3 Harris Technologies, Inc. (US)
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (US)
- Raytheon Company (US)
- Aselsan A.S. (Turkey)
- Thales Group (France)
- United Technologies Corporation (US)
- Viasat, Inc. (US)
Other Prominent Players
- Gilat Satellite Networks (Israel)
- Hughes Network Systems LLC (US)
- Orbit Communication System Ltd (Israel)
- Astronics Corporation (US)
- Norsat International Inc. (Canada)
- Israel Aerospace Industries (Israel)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd (Singapore)
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan)
- Iridium Communications Inc. (US)
- Teledyne Defense Electronics (US)
| Market Size
|| USD 8.2 Million
|| 5.4% (2020-2030)
| Base Year
| Forecast Period
| Historical Data
| Forecast Units
|| Value (USD Million)
| Report Coverage
|| Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
| Segments Covered
|| Component, Frequency Type and Platform
| Geographies Covered
|| North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
| Key Vendors
|| Cobham Plc (UK), General Dynamics Corporation (US), Honeywell International, Inc. (US), L3 Harris Technologies, Inc. (US), Northrop Grumman Corporation (US), Raytheon Company (US), Aselsan A.S. (Turkey), Thales Group (France), United Technologies Corporation (US), Viasat, Inc. (US), Gilat Satellite Networks (Israel), Hughes Network Systems LLC (US), Orbit Communication System Ltd (Israel), Astronics Corporation (US), Norsat International Inc. (Canada), Israel Aerospace Industries (Israel), Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd (Singapore), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan), Iridium Communications Inc. (US) and Teledyne Defense Electronics (US)
| Key Market Opportunities
||· Introduction of New Aircraft Programs · Commercialization of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
| Key Market Drivers
||· Increasing Defense Expenditures · Significant Increase in Air Passenger Traffic and Demand for New Aircraft · Use of Software-Defined Radio for Satellite Communications
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Global Airborne SATCOM Market marked revenue of USD 8.2 Million through the year 2030.
Global Airborne SATCOM Market will be gaining 5.4% CAGR in the future.
Global Airborne SATCOM Market will be growing during the period from 2020 to 2030.
Global Airborne SATCOM Market is witnessing its high growth owing to rising defense expenditures, mounting passenger traffic, and a noteworthy ascend in demand for new aircraft.
The market USP for Global Airborne SATCOM Market is the escalating need for airborne SATCOM for effective communication.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.
Leading companies partner with us for data-driven Insights.
Kindly complete the form below to receive a free sample of this Report